This book is about nothing. The guy just fucks different women and keeps rambling about society like the Joker

This book is about nothing. The guy just fucks different women and keeps rambling about society like the Joker.

He tried to kill himself because he was a retard who got swayed by a woman, survives, then fucks another woman. He also just watched as his wife got raped, then blames women for all of his problems. His entire character can literally be summed up to:
>I'm so handsome, woe is me!

Why do people like it so much?

Attached: 4909A2AB-F2CC-4902-ACDA-B9337FEDD863.jpg (357x499, 20K)

Are you going to ask why people like Elliot Rodger too ?

It's about how being human is hard if you're an idiot who thinks it comes naturally to everyone else.

t. guy from other thread.

I also think it might be about how humans have good reason to never trust one another. Or maybe that humans, when in the mindset that other humans cannot be trusted, find good reason to never trust one another, a la Yozo.

Other sad chad literature reqs?

I liked the first and second notebook quite a bit more than the rest, but it's a good book which flows beautifully. Also, the descent into madness is addicting.

The absolute best is Werther by Goethe

Also what do you guys think was the "crime" the servants did to him when he was a kid? I personally think he was being molested.

Seemed pretty obvious that was the case

every time 'No longer human' is discussed it reminds me of of 'Novel with cocaine' which is actually exceptional. I have yet to read Dazai though

I think Yozo could have had some issues with empathy or even have been a sperg, which would make sense because both leave the individual in a place where the societal aspect of humanity is much more illusive. Some people do genuinely have a harder time knowing how to act appropriately or relate to others

Osamu Dazai is the best writer who has ever lived.

Attached: 20180508075349.png (1024x768, 745K)

The book isn't that great. It's an enjoyable and mercifully short read. The guy is also relatable to a lot of people.
I think people on here enjoy it because of its causal sexism and doomer vibes.

>rambling about society like the Joker

Why bother reading if you're going to be dismissive and willfully ignorant like this? Go back to /pol/ and stop shitting up our board.

obsessed

That's verifiably true.

If you think it's rambling then you've misread the entire book.

I defintely had the society is an individual thought a few times in my more depressive days and that little bit he says about science was interesting too. Him getting tossed in the looney was one of the saddest things Ive encountered in a novel in a while.

HAHAHAHAHA

Some who is part of SOCIETY will never understand this book.

The whole book is about how we live in a society. If you didn't get that you have the reading comprehension of an elementary schooler with Down's

You can use the same logic to claim that all books are about nothing

The Iliad? just some guys killing each other and rambling on about gods and shit

Crime and Punishment? Just some dude who kills someone and then is troubled by it for the rest of the book