I'm saddened by reading Nietzsche's last letters before the illness captured him...

I'm saddened by reading Nietzsche's last letters before the illness captured him. Between the things he speaks about how is soul was being blackened and tortured. In 1888 letter sent to Overbeck while being in Nizza he also talks about "the vexed lack of a human love which restores and heals the soul and the absurd isolation". Ever read those letters? They're collected at the end of Twilight of the Idols.

Attached: Nietzsche1882.jpg (1274x1700, 362K)

Just the ones at the end of Kafmann’s Portable
He left it with a humorous one

I found them more remarkable than sad. To Cosima Wagner:

>To Princess Ariadne, My Beloved. It is a mere prejudice that I am a human being. Yet I have often enough dwelled among human beings and I know the things human beings experience, from the lowest to the highest. Among the Hindus I was Buddha, in Greece Dionysus — Alexander and Caesar were incarnations of me, as well as the poet of Shakespeare, Lord Bacon. Most recently I was Voltaire and Napoleon, perhaps also Richard Wagner... However, I now come as Dionysus victorious, who will prepare a great festival on Earth... Not as though I had much time... The heavens rejoice to see me here... I also hung on the cross...

What a guy

What the fuck does he mean with that? Is that rambling of a mad man or does it actually mean anything?

>Nietzsche was a "Bacon wrote Shakespeare" retard

This alone makes me lose all respect for him.

Attached: 1505803727667.jpg (608x648, 56K)

>Lord Bacon
the weird rhythm of this paragraph makes it sound like he's saying he's the King of Bacon

>dionysus is christ
So Nietzsche came to the light after all...

post more

what does that mean?

>Dear Herr Professor, When it comes right down to it I'd much rather have been a Basel professor than God; but I didn't dare be selfish enough to forgo the creation of the world. You see, one must make sacrifices, no matter how and where one lives. [...] What is unpleasant and a strain on my modesty is that in fact I am every historical personage; and as for the children I have brought into the world, I ponder with some misgiving the possibility that not everyone who enters the "kingdom of God" also comes from God. This fall, blinded as little as possible, I twice witnessed my funeral, the first time as Count Robilant (—no, he's my son, insofar as I'm Carlo Alberto, unfaithful to my nature), but I was Antonelli myself. Dear Professor, you really ought to see this edifice; since I am quite inexperienced in the things I'm creating, you have a right to make any criticism, I will be grateful, but can't promise that I'll profit from it. We artists are incorrigible.

>God is on the earth. Don't you see how all the heavens are rejoicing? I have just seized possession of my kingdom, I've thrown the Pope in prison, and I'm having Wilhelm, Bismarck, and Stöcker shot.

Friedrich Nietzsche. It’s easy to see why his sociopathic ravings would have inspired so many repugnant movements of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, including fascism, Nazism, Bolshevism, the Ayn Randian fringe of libertarianism, and the American alt-Right and neo-Nazi movements today. Less easy to see is why he continues to be a darling of the academic humanities. True, he was a punchy stylist, and, as his apologists note, he extolled the individual superman rather than a master race. But as Bertrand Russell pointed out in A History of Western Philosophy, the intellectual content is slim: it “might be stated more simply and honestly in the one sentence: ‘I wish I had lived in the Athens of Pericles or the Florence of the Medici’.”

Pinker is a soppy stinker.

>Siamo contenti? Son dio, ho fatto questo caricatura...

It means he thinks that Sir Francis Bacon was the man who wrote Shakespeare's plays. It was the very first Shakespeare conspiracy theory, essentially. Of course there have been plenty more of them since.

As that user says, it's really disappointing. People who believe anyone other than Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare always turn out to be brainlets.

Attached: p22-flanagan-shake-a-20160424.jpg (2000x2507, 2.06M)

The genius that recognizes genius and successfully plagiarizes it is the superior, however.

Nietzsche is saying he is God you idiot... how can you not read into the simplest of things?

I have yet to see a valid critique of Nietzsche that didn't flat out get over half of his ideas wrong, or resort to name-calling.

>King of Bacon
makes him even more baed

>But as Bertrand Russell pointed out
pfffffffffahahaha

Attached: 1554239480052-0.gif (500x276, 464K)

Ay Stayven

Attached: 1557056080541.jpg (525x478, 72K)

>didn't even read birth of tragedy

>I wish I had lived in the Athens of Pericles or the Florence of the Medici
Me too, to be quite honest

I liked the schizo ones about shooting all the antisemites

I was so fucking dissapointed when I read Nietzsche's chapter in HoWP from Russell. There is no doubt Russell was fucking brilliant but at least from this work he has a really poor representation of him. How can somebody who has read The Gay Science and say stuff like that? or Beyond Good and Evil? (I'm playing it safe with these ones)

(and obviously i know he restricted himself beacuse he's loking for the political etc. but still)
If the only thing you read of is Ecce Homo and Zarathustra maybe. A sample if anyone is interested.

What shall we mean by “biologically superior”? We shall mean when interpreting Nietzsche, that individuals of the superior race and their descendants are more likely to be “noble” in Nietzsche’s sense: they will have more strength of will, more courage, more impulse towards power, less sympathy, less fear, and less gentleness. We can now state Nietzsche’s ethic. I think what follows is a fair analysis of it: Victors in war, and their descendants, are usually biologically superior to the vanquished. It is therefore desirable that they should hold all the power, and should manage affairs exclusively in their own interests. There is here still the word “desirable” to be considered. What is “desirable” in Nietzsche’s philosophy? From the outsider’s point of view, what Nietzsche calls “desirable” is what Nietzsche desires. With this interpretation, Nietzsche’s doctrine might be stated more simply and honestly in the one sentence: “I wish I had lived in the Athens of Pericles or the Florence of the Medici.” But this is not a philosophy; it is a biographical fact about a certain individual. The word “desirable” is not synonymous with “desired by me”; it has some claim, however shadowy, to legislative universality. A theist may say that what is desirable is what God desires, but Nietzsche cannot say this. He could say that he knows what is good by an ethical intuition, but he will not say this, because it sounds too Kantian. What he can say, as an expansion of the word “desirable,” is this: “If men will read my works, a certain percentage of them will come to share my desires as regards the organization of society; these men, inspired by the energy and determination which my philosophy will give them, can preserve and restore aristocracy, with themselves as aristocrats or (like me) sycophants of aristocracy. In this way they will achieve a fuller life than they can have as servants of the people.”

Russell, Bertrand. History of Western Philosophy: And Its Connection with Political and Social Circumstances from the Earliest Times to the Present Day (pp. 694-695). Touchstone. Kindle Edition.

This is fucking amazing.

and he's right in a sense

Maybe he knew we would be reading these letters in the future

Some one should brutally murder Steven Pinker

Every idiot's interpretation of Nietzsche stops dead in its tracks at a point. For Russell, it was this desirable. This is why Nietzsche desired what he did: the creation of the overman.