I'm halfway into this and I still dont have a clue what I'm reading. This is too big brained for grug brain

I'm halfway into this and I still dont have a clue what I'm reading. This is too big brained for grug brain.
Yea Forumspill me on hermeticism and alchemy

Attached: 91T4YiAew4L.jpg (1400x2157, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/remarksuponalche00hitc/page/n8
sacred-texts.com/eso/kyb/index.htm.
aaroncheak.com/circumambulating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was the only western tradition Guenon respected

read the kyballion if you want something easier as an introduction to hermeticism, the hermetic corpus as well

Ethan Allen Hitchcock
Remarks Upon Alchemy and The Alchemists
archive.org/details/remarksuponalche00hitc/page/n8

>He tried to swallow the atomic level redpill nuclear bomb before he was ready
You should have started with the Greeks, user

Attached: laughs in oppression.jpg (491x488, 19K)

Thanks user I will

Read and re-read his idea of nature as it is related to the symbol of the Ouroboros over and over again until it clicks.

Oh no fuckin way I'm reading this about 170 pages in. What a coincidence

My mind was absolutely blown away at the body of light spiritual duality physical death immortality part, I am really curious as if attaining immortality is possible that way or if there's a catch somewhere. It's good to stay skeptical about these kinds of things.

The first half (descriptive) made sense to me; the second half (prescriptive) was impossible to follow.

Personally I think that the second part is easier to follow, maybe it just doesn't flow as well as the first part?

I dunno. I was missing what the significance of any given step in a ritual might be, whereas in the first half his exploration of the alchemical symbol language was easy for me to follow. I feel I would have to do more research then revisit it if I felt the need to understand it.

I'll make it a lot easier for you.

a} Read this:- sacred-texts.com/eso/kyb/index.htm.

b} Study the UNIX computer operating system, medieval Christian devotional music, and Egyptian and Roman architecture.

c} Smoke lots of weed while doing the above two. Seriously. It will help.

The Kybalion is the theory, and by itself it will probably make about as much sense as Evola's book does to you right now. The architecture, UNIX, and said devotional music will give you practical examples of said theory which will allow you to understand it, and the weed will trigger the attainment of insight which you would not receive otherwise.

Recommended Alchemy Supplements 1/4

Attached: 81A604F6-4C82-42E0-B0A8-F60B268E47F4.jpg (266x400, 12K)

Recommended Alchemy Supplements 2/4

Attached: 67A9D988-E79B-41C4-92FC-F7138124C603.jpg (195x259, 13K)

Evola has too many axes to grind. Read an annotated version of the Hermetic Corpus itself.

Recommended Alchemy Supplements 3/4

Attached: 1D1EF07B-1890-4411-8859-AB22A920AAE0.jpg (328x499, 33K)

>schizo new age hippie retard
>"smoke weed and read kybalion lel"
Kybalion is a nineteenth century new thought invention and not a real hermetic text. It's okay but overrated and confusing.

Recommended Alchemy Supplements 4/4

Attached: ECE7D716-F3BF-4B78-B038-18FA439E0835.jpg (555x800, 50K)

>got crippled and died.
Yeah. That immortality through alchemy sure worked out for him, huh.

Copenhaver has a translation of the OG Hermetic Corpus that is usually considered the best.

Where can I find this?

>thinks Evola was talking about physical immortality

>Where can I find this?
Idk. Look for a pdf. It was about $30 for a physical book before copies sold out of stock and now it's ridiculous for used. One of the better books and quite extensive tho. Supposedly there is a revised second edition forthcoming but it was due last year... I wonder if the editor dude is having trouble with his press.

Check out the intro essay free here:

aaroncheak.com/circumambulating

I've actually already read all of Cheak's shit, why I asked

Would you have examples of medieval Christian music ?

In what way is UNIX an example...

THE KYBALION IS A LARP BY 3 DUDES WHO ARE POISONING THE WELL, IT IS NOT HERMETIC

I see this get posted often, but is it really legit? I am skeptical of books published by Taschen.

It's an art book. Decent info. Nothing special. Just analysis of symbols in the art. Art is lovely. Wish it was bigger really. Up to you whether it's worthwhile.

UNIX socket filters have a bayonet socket for hermetic connection with a half mask or a full face mask of UNIX series. They belong to high efficiency filters group (3rd ring of protection).
>3rd ring:
>Three quaternions of signs
>Three Lords of the triplicities
>Also
>The father (head), the son (breast, heart), and the holy ghost (the stomach, wind passes)
By the three square or solid, the three numbers of nine things which are produced are then distributed, viz. the super celestial into nine Orders of Intelligences: of celestial into nine Orbs: of inferiors into nine types of generable and corrupticious things. In this terminal orb all things are divided into the 27 tonalities of music (Plato and Proclus)
>The kernel, the system space, and the userland. Invocations may be made by objects in user land to the higher heavens and things are granted in proper order.
>Such as: The pipe acts as combination of objects. The invocation of commands acts as effective prayer in a mechanical system of the world. UNIX is a perfect system without fault which is hard to come by and hard to make from corrupt humans. The UNIX is a modular saint in some sense.
If you don't get it, study UNIX. If you still don't get it, stop trying, it doesn't matter.

Attached: metaphoric-apple.png (136x126, 16K)

evola is a bad meme, i read his grail book and it was ramble ramble without any overarching meaning.

Lmao he's not talking about the preservation of the body you oaf. Immortality means preservation of awareness after physical death

:0
this is sick af
do you recommend any texts beyond kybalion? trying to better grasp where you're coming from cause I am loving where you're headed
Also how exactly has smoking weed affected your studying positively? In my experience it makes it really difficult to focus.

Those are quotes from H.C Agrippa's book on celestial magic. UNIX magic is learned by installing gentoo. I'm not the same user that smokes weed.