Rationalisation

Now that I have read this, what other books on rationalisation should I continue with?

Attached: McDonaldizationNCE.jpg (330x500, 27K)

Crime and Punishment.

Mmmmhhhh, a tasty cheeseburger. Really just makes your mouth water. What should you continue that with? I know something that would hit the spot. That's right. An ice cold Coca-Cola®.

Attached: 1990-Can-t-Beat-the-Real-Thing.jpg (1920x914, 398K)

i love fast food and mcdonalds so much. that whole aspect of anti-coorporatism falls on very deaf ears with me. a big mac and fries with coke might be my favorite meal period.

so blow it out your ass Spurlock!
blow it out your ass Schlosser!
blow it out your ass Baudrillard!
blow it out your ass PETA!

fuck i wanna go get myself a nice juicy burger and fries right fucking now. it's 1:05am and i'm eating cold chili out of a can. it's a 20 minute walk to mcdonalds and i know that place is always open, i might just go there now.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 6K)

absolutely based

Try a local burger joint or five guys usually they have higher quality and it's a bang for your buck user

Stop wasting time with Ritzer. Go read Weber.

gross

Looking at a brief synopsis, how does his thesis differ from Ellul's rise of technique? It sounds basically similar.

Well you start and end with Ellul

Attached: 5be056c8f556fc12e8448ad5-960-409.jpg (960x409, 37K)

Make your own burger, it always tastes better than the plastic shit they sell at fast foods.

mcdonald's is a feeling

Dunno about burgers, but, no matter how hard I try, I can't manage to recreate the flavor and consistency of toasts (i'm talking about the McDonald ones).

Non-Americans can't understand this. McDonald's doesn't taste like a cheeseburger, it tastes like McDonald's. All the burger elements that should have taste on their own have been ablated, replaced by commodity itself, and only the pure shadow-taste of all burgers remains. McDonald's is to any other cheeseburger as the concept is to the object, the general to the particular, the genus to the species

There was this autistically detailed tome on the history of the 'mathematization' of society that I didn't get a chance to read and would love to find again.

well i'm english. & it's like coca cola, it isn't 'the best tasting drink in the world' but it is coca cola. there is nothing more coca cola than coca cola, you know. the queen drinks coca cola.

Weber
Adorno/Horkheimer (D of E)

>well i'm english
So shAmerican, then.

Fucking incredible.
You're litteraly being fattened and trained to prefer artificial flavours and hormones to actual quality food.
I mean i eat fast food occasionaly too, But I do so in the full knowledge that I'm doing something to myself That's as damaging as smoking and that I shouldn't let it be an habit or influence my actual tastes.
Actually seeking out that shit? Uncanny.

well it's more that every english speaking country has become more international

i think it's ridiculous. there are countries ravaged by war, entire communities at risk of incurable disease, cities overrun by crime, and we're taught to fear salt.