Discuss

Discuss

Attached: 2aaaece8cfc9281743d6c1d6d05e8c06.jpg (640x948, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UNDERESTIMATED, AND UNDERRATED, AS UNCOMPREHENDED; ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PSYCHOLOGICAL LITERARY WORKS OF THE TWENTIETH, AND TWENTYFIRST, CENTURIES.

Never heard of it. But I like the title.

Bowie liked it so it must be good

Brainlet central. The usual pseudoscientific theory trumped up to explain away actual philosophical problems. Belongs on the same shelf as Guns, Germs and Steel and The Selfish Gene.

The truth is directly between these two posts.

No truth is in the second post.
The fact that there are two extreme positions doesn't imply in any way that truth must be in the middle space between the two.

This. It's completely abderitic nonsense and the fact that pseuds admire it is a giant tell.

i was reading this at a bar once and a guy asked me what the title meant and i just chuckled

Not conclussive. It's an interesting concept at best.

I'd say, this book, is based, and ver, very, redpilled. Luke's video, on the book, is really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ&

Don't post any more gay bullshit please, you have /lgbt/ for that.

I bet this sounded epic inside your head, but luckily, only you are the only one there.

Attached: ce9b2a1d705effe1d30ccbbaee83aa96618dbcc395e15f2121538a3dd74ce7ae.jpg (260x251, 37K)

I don't know (and at this point I don't care) if it's a strong hypothesis or not. It's pretty interesting, one must admit.
Plus it gave me the idea to write a bicameral novel and I'm halfway through. Now I'll have to write the other bit.
Fun read, for anyone curious.

He is sharp and thorough when discussing "what consciousness is not" but once he gets into "what consciousness is" his arguments are spurious and he spends the book fortifying what he knows can't be disproven.

Just because two perfect points of reference appeared in this thread doesn't mean I'm psueding.

The Shelfish Gene unironically holds the key to destroying all materialist perspectives.

Go on

go on

>The Selfish Gene.
The selfish gene is mainstream evolutionary biology

By way of being coded information?

This, but also this

Go on, I said.

This book is fascinating. A good amount of time is spent defending his hypothesis about the bicameral mind, but I thought there was very little explanation of how or why it broke down and transformed into what we have today. He mentions the Assyrian blood bath and the Dorian invasion as the effects of the transformation but not the cause. I think he weakly states the cause to be different developed civilizations coming in contact with one another.

Bump

Triune Brain Theory is better

Westworld has you thinking you're smart and sheiiitt, user.

Wat

This person was making a presumption that you read the book because of Westworld, as it is referenced very loosely by the show. I believe it is the name of an episode in the first season or something?
It`s a good show, don`t get me wrong. I love it. But yeah, that`s what they are accusing you of.

fair enough, haven't watched Westworld yet