Plato is stupid

Plato is stupid.

Seriously.

And it's important that you all understand that Western society is based on the fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot. Read this, understand that he is not joking, and understand that Plato is well and truly fucked in the head.

Every single one of his works goes like this:

SOCRATES: "Hello, I will now prove this theory!"
STRAWMAN: "Surely you are wrong!"
SOCRATES: "Nonsense. Listen, Strawman: can we agree to the following wildly presumptive statement that is at the core of my argument?" {Insert wildly presumptive statement here— this time, it's "There is such a thing as Perfect Justice" and "There is such a thing as Perfect Beauty", among others.}
STRAWMAN: "Yes, of course, that is obvious."
SOCRATES: "Good! Now that we have conveniently skipped over all of the logically-necessary debate, because my off-the-wall crazy ideas surely wouldn't stand up to any real scrutiny, let me tell you an intolerably long hypothetical story."
{Insert intolerably long hypothetical story.}
STRAWMAN: "My God, Socrates! You have completely won me over! That is brilliant! Your woefully simplistic theories should become the basis for future Western civilization! That would be great!"
SOCRATES: "Ha ha! My simple rhetorical device has duped them all! I will now go celebrate by drinking hemlock and scoring a cameo in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!"

The moral of the story is: Plato is stupid.

Attached: 48355432_1229162687221882_4392384653286178816_n.png (420x636, 233K)

Any form of argumentation in book form is necessarily of the form of a strawman because there is no other possible form it could take.

Who needs straw man when you can have bubble buddy

don't care virgin

fuck off materialist nigger retard, find a fucking rope. i mean it. i hope you become a corpse by the end of the week

I want real butterfly back

nigger was one of the first great thinkers. obviously he was retarded. it's the same as freud with psychology, or anyone pre-1500 on astronomy.

Read Hegel, we are not at some intellectual epoch where suddenly we know the truth of everything.

Why?

>Read Hegel
Why does everyone repeat this?

>Why does everyone repeat this?
Read Hegel to find out.

I will never read hegel

Your loss, brainlet.

Nice goodread copypasta.
Seriously though, this thread is a meme, no mockery should be taken in serious.
Cave Closed.

>he didn't get the reference
>calls other people brainlets

If you looked outside the cave would you die?

Attached: 4A088113-3822-44A3-8D1B-3205DD9DD1D1.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

for you

based

Attached: 0A608BC5-72AA-447B-920E-C7C801447E5C.jpg (540x562, 54K)

/« Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ »/ general when?

Attached: 1556534003203.png (2300x7450, 2.4M)

Your summary shows you don't understand the difference between early and late Plato :/

Socrates in early Plato didn't defend any particular theory. Try reading what you want to critic ^^

Why didn't Socrates just read some Wittgenstien?

Would have saved him some trouble

Imagine being such a simpleton.

Why did you copy and paste a goodreads review of the republic onto this website?

Plato was writing satire, you were not supposed to take it seriously...

Attached: 1548425406967.png (624x434, 87K)

>Plato is stupid.
as expected of someone who would post a defiled sailor moon image

I fucking love this pasta
it is not only humorous, but also irrefutable

>when the pasta is cold

Attached: apudisgusted.png (657x527, 19K)

Every text-on-object meme poster should be gassed.

You've criticized his rethorical style. Any comment about his philosophy?