How did he do it bros?

how did he do it bros?
>no agent
>debut novel
>independent publisher
>pulitzer finalist

Attached: pulitzer.png (2012x1186, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakan
theparisreview.org/blog/2019/03/20/hernan-diaz-fiction/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rapist;shitty books too pulitzer doesent mean shit

>Diaz

>Diaz

>His book is about an immigrant Swede of unusual size journeying in America’s desert frontier between the Gold Rush and the Civil War.

>“It’s weird,” he said. Weird that the western novel was so underachieving, given how tightly the genre embraces America’s most potent myths about itself. Westerns, he said, glamorize “the worst aspects of the imperial drive of the United States” — brutality against nature, genocidal racism, “the whole macho thing, the place of women, the frivolous violence, it goes on.”

>Mr. Diaz, it should be clear, is a western writer who hates guns. He said it sickened him to think that telling Håkan’s story would require imagining and describing acts of murderous violence. “I came very close to not writing the book,” he said. “But I knew something really bad had to happen to him to make the plot plausible.”

>He was born in Buenos Aires in 1973. His mother was a psychoanalyst; his father a filmmaker who became involved in Trotskyist politics, which put the family in danger after Argentina’s military coup, when Hernán was 2. They fled to Stockholm. Moving there and then back to Argentina as a boy gave Mr. Diaz double doses of immigrant dislocation; the emotional aftereffect of isolation and bullying seem to echo in his story of lonely Håkan.

So to recap:

>Parents are Argentines so probably crypto-Jews
>red diaper baby of the Trotskyist strain
>immigrant novel
>MC is an Eternal Swede, his descendants will probably become advocates for Somalian immigration
>Author hates guns

He checks all the right boxes for the Current Year.

FUCKING BAIT THREAD

god this guy sounds like an insufferable faggot

yup

Hispanic name.

There is nothing Eternal about the Swede, user. What you believe about the swede has barely been a thing for thing for the entire 2010s.

look at this faggot standing in a tennis court not facing the camera.

i don't want to read his stupid book. probably he is an industry plant. probably his parents were rich and now the children of a family friend who runs a press is putting his masturbatory National Literature into global circulation. who cares? who cares about any of this? with any luck i'll die in my sleep tonight.

Read an excerpt, it wasn't very compelling

Don't try to apply logic to /pol/ memes

Yeah you're right, user

This book is one of the better Westerns I've read in the last few years. It is on par with BM. And this book is one of the best contemporary novels I have read. Stop being /pol/-baiting pseuds.

Sounds like a good book desu, I'll have to check it out

>It is on par with BM.
Definitely not, despite being equally overwritten.

Honestly i have no problem with abook about a guy being sad and lonely in the desert

>there
>are
>no
>more
>great
>american
>novels

>swedes immigranz
>named Hakan

Holy fuck.. Is it already that time that people dont even remember now that western countries existet way before it was fllooded with shitskins and niggers?

What are you trying to imply with your greentext? That Håkan isnt a Swedish name??

It is. It's a great examination of cultural myths, how they form, and how they make an impression. Lit would also loves this book since Håkan spends a vast amount of time living in isolation in an underground cave system he built. It's a great rumination on solitude and loneliness.

if you type the name "hakan" into google, the first link says its a common turkish name
whats going on there?

Attached: shrug.jpg (384x313, 71K)

Håkan you low IQ /pol/-baiter. It's a common Swedish name. Want me to link you to the Wikipedia page? It has roots in Nordic/Viking culture.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkan

wow you're dumb

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakan

how is it spelt in the book?

Attached: hmm.jpg (514x544, 23K)

the /pol/ niggers in this retarded thread need to get the fuck out

This books is based and should've won the prize over Less which is actual dogshit.

But Yea Forums doesn't read! So who cares about either of those books! A whole thread about white supremacy instead!

>Westerns, he said, glamorize “the worst aspects of the imperial drive of the United States” — brutality against nature, genocidal racism, “the whole macho thing, the place of women, the frivolous violence, it goes on.”
I think he meant to say best aspects

obsession verging on mental illness

why are you angry
theres no poltards in this thread

Why would I want to read this cuck fag's books?

Theres plenty of decent "Anti-westerns" out there. Wtf is this fag talking about.

>wtf is that tetris building in the background

Do you know how many Pulitzers they give away?

Attached: 1556602817665.png (306x306, 112K)

cope of the highest order, just admit your /pol/tardation

yeah actually, one each year per genre. frogposting is shitposting

If your book wins a Pulitzer, you should be pissed because they are recognizing you as middlebrow

>gee, guys, an algorithm said I'm right, what's the problem? we don't have to know anything anymore or even think critically about answers, just type something into a computer and you always get the correct answer, amirite?

Coffee House isn’t exactly an unknown publisher and Diaz had a LOT of bookseller support...you guys need to get out more.

bloody retard ahahahaha

>Diaz had a LOT of bookseller support
how did he do that?

>He said it sickened him to think that telling Håkan’s story would require imagining and describing acts of murderous violence.
wtf?! I hate literature now! #artistsshouldbepussies

You people should use the guy as inspiration, not simply hate on him. He spend 6 years working on his novel and published when he was already well passed his 30s.

I haven’t read it yet, but by what I can see in the news it’s seems quite a good novel.

Do you people think this is good writing?
theparisreview.org/blog/2019/03/20/hernan-diaz-fiction/

Attached: war.jpg (1200x800, 109K)

moron
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Håkon

not sure if obsessed or just brainwashed

This post has certainly triggered the snowflakes.

Attached: 1555597188630.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

>Trot
Oh so he's a neocon.

>Man succeeds at something
How long until the "serious" accusations surface?

Blood Meridian is only an analysis of cultural myths on a facile level.