How do I force myself to read...

How do I force myself to read? I feel like I am physically incapable of sitting down and reading a book for more than 20 pages without wanting to do something else.

Attached: 1517318538701.jpg (645x773, 127K)

20 pages is pretty good.

Handcuff yourself to a chair bolted to the floor. Toss the key out of reach. Be sure to have the book ready to go. Also don't drink any water. Call someone when you want to be set free.

I can picture her smugly smirking as she posted that picture of three books. I can see her crying as she saw me defend her.

How emotive of a person! :3 what a wide range of emotions. How beautiful

Prolactin overload.
Stop masturbating. Stop having sex.

Attached: cumbrain.png (982x717, 185K)

I don't have anyone that could help

Attached: 1539605235440.png (635x661, 227K)

Have sex

drink coffee or tea

mega based
ultra cringe
have sex

Exercise helps, it burns excess energy and makes you a bit less distractable. Also, if you can only read in short bursts, read in short bursts.

Read in the way that lets you absorb the most from your books rather than the "right" way to read.

Read every day, even if it's only 20 pages. You could try reading a different book. I nearly quit reading altogether after trying Dostoyevsky. I made it halfway through The Brothers Karamazov and realized that, while the ideas and themes were fascinating, I cared almost nothing about the plot. To this day, I still do not give a shit about who Grushenka marries.

oh please.

sit the fuck down and enjoy yourself

imagine the world before the internet - go practice being a human being in the world.

Amphetamine is the surefire way.

dude nobody reads books anymore. look into Franco Moretti and his concept of distance reading. in other words, just read book summaries.

You sound exactly like someone who made it halfway through TBK and stopped. It's not perfect by any means, but holy shit it's a good fucking book. It's like The Iliad if it had relevant modern-day themes and wasn't so overspecific and drawn-out.

Put your phone on silent, put it out of reach.
Turn your computer off.
Get a glass of water and a comfortable chair.
Then, you read.
When your mind strays from the book, gently direct it back. Thoughts should pertain only to the book and your reading of it.

Accept that you're not cut out for reading. Go do something else.

Bring it on a mild hike and stop at nice spots too read awhile and then go hike and find the next spot.

20 pages is fine - I do less than that and I still read tons of books, albeit slowly. You should try meditating.

I mean, depends on your circumstances, but if you aren't in the habit of reading it takes a while to relearn.

I used to read a lot, most of the way through High School, but then spent a period of almost 4 years barely reading. When I picked it up again I was stunned to find that I could only read in short bursts. It took me the better part of 4 large books to reach a point where I could read for long periods of time again.

If you're already in the habit of reading... then turning off electronics or removing yourself to someplace like a park or cafe can help. That said, if what you're reading isn't personally appealing then, for me at least, I find it extremely difficult to make it through to the end of a book.

forcing yourself to read that's easy
now forcing yourself to write that's the hard part

I sucked at reading when I started. My advice;
>Read the cover/backcover, introduction, preface, table of contents, appendix, footnotes, index , ect.unless you're worried about spoilers but honestly fuck it
>Skim the whole book by just opening random pages and reading random paragraphs, look at any images or bold text
>Speed read the entire book, don't even comprehend or remember, just look at the words
>Read book again with a notebooks and pencil
Reading gets easier same as lifting weights. Read harder material and you'll be able to read easier stuff E-Z-P-Z Lemon squeezy.

In my experience, have different general habits in your life, less computer, loud music and video games, it's too much of a boredom/under-stimulance when you go from that to quietly reading, but overall it's a much more enjoyable life even if you don't read.

if you're enjoying reading then you're reading incorrectly