Who would win?

Attached: 1v1.png (401x286, 171K)

Guenon is the pinnacle of human thought. Us followers of guenon, despite being superior to the average erudite, can only hope of being a fraction of the man he was.

is it even a question?

>The insidiousness of Jordan Peterson is that he simultaneously reduces timeless wisdom to self-help jargon and common sense advice while also affirming the righteousness and desirability of modernity. All of the problems that Peterson tackles are themselves just various manifestations of modernity itself, but nothing he talks or writes delves into this larger problem itself or how to deal with it. To the contrary, he takes religious texts that contain profound wisdom and teachings passed down through the ages and uses them as corporate bug-man self-help advice for kids who weren't raised properly. Peterson low-key pushes a mythos that western society in modernity is fundamentally just and a good thing and that aside from some irrational, stupid and greedy people that you have to deal with that everything is okay in principle.

>This couldn't be more wrong. Since the emergence of civilization most of the them were united by religious traditions teaching metaphysical knowledge. All the problems of the western mentality and society stem from the loss of this. Christ, the Neoplatonists and to some extent the Hermetics and certain Greek mystery cults all had it too but the Church eventually became an encrusted coffin of doctrine with no accompanying realizations to be had hence why it failed to prevent modernity from arising in the west. Without being connected to any higher understanding in any significant amount among it's intellectual elite, western society has ever since the renaissance has in free fall accompanied by materialism, nihilism, scientism and various other forms of spiritual and cultural degeneration. Peterson affirms all this as good by buying into the faulty idea of the linear progression of civilization and humanity and by shilling it to his unaware fans.

>Did you ever figure out why Peterson never seriously delves into eastern thought aside from a few boomer references to Buddhism and Confucius? It's because it totally destroys his worldview and offers completely different solutions to the ideas he address. Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society. Most of the societal problems he address wouldn't even arise in a traditional eastern civilization pre-modernity but just reflect the state of the modern west. It's bad enough that he does all of this already but then he takes one of the few sources of timeless wisdom that are tradition in the west and reduces it to a source of bland common-sense life advice instead of a window to transcendental truths where all problems are resolved.

Gman has already won

Man I just can't get myself to take seriously a man who thought 'muh first principles' are more important than scientific and pragmatic progress.

Give me a reason why I should read him, preferably but not necessarily something explicitly on why he became a bloody muslim (I've only half read intro to hindu doctrines).

Because we tell you to do so. Do not question Guenon until he has opened your eyes.

>t 'muh first principles' are more important than scientific and pragmatic progress.
Because they deal with the real nature of reality and the meaning of existence, which eternally abides forever as the same truth amidst an infinite series of universes and all the transitory 'progress' accrued in each one; your materialist western bias betray themselves, thankfully you can read Guenon and he'll show you the way

did you write this? Jesus Christ that's a good post if so

Fucking based user did you write this or take it from somewhere?

Guenon wrote it

>I want to read Guenon; I want to read Deleuze,
>but the meme flood turns me off
worse than Rick & Morty fans do.

But, like, I can read Plato or Plotinus and see the same bullshit about "what is real stays the same". Nothing stays the same. What stays the same is what you'd like to believe exists, which doesn't, because essences are linguistic constructs. Tell me why I should read Guenon specifically if I already grew up in a sufi atmosphere and I think this is mostly a bunch of self-help horseshit for people who can't cope with the inherent incoherence of metaphysics.

lmaoing at your secular western materialist prejudice against the metaphysical truth

>pseud thinking linguistic words games can obscure the eternal truth revealed by the self-effulgent and luminous Godhead to itself in the form of the Vedas while the Aryans lived in Arctic Hyperborea circa 10,000

You can't read Plato or Plotinus with your contemporary mindset. Read Guenon.

lmaoing at how mad you idiots got.

>what is real is. like, complete
>it, like, doesn't change, like, at all
>because it is, like, perfect
>and perfect cannot change 'cause like, that means it's not perfect yet

(there is only becoming friends).

I wish people would do this about fucking Descartes, who doubted all metaphysics in order to improve fucking medicine. Not go bathe in some filthy water like the Muslims or Hindus do on the basis of "muh access to higher worlds"

>I wish people would do this about fucking Descartes, who doubted all metaphysics in order to improve fucking medicine.
you stupid brainlet, anything caused by action like improving medicine only belongs to the realm of manifestation and has no permanent effect, everything belonging to manifestation is transitory and has no bearing upon or comparison to the knowledge of the Absolute which is beyond manifestation and the unmanifest

yeah and what is manifesting when you've got typhus? your idiocy?

also, how are you supposed to have bearing upon or effect (even temporarily) the fucking absolute if it is unchanging? like, wtf are you talking about? I have studied mystics and theologians enough to know this is all illogical bs. the correct route to life is optimistic pragmatism or suicide.

>small-brain spiritual-let tries to drag down people possessed of higher knowledge down to his level by conjuring up fears of sickness

once you read Guenon and Shankara you lose all your fear of death, illness and the death of body mean nothing, imagine not have already realized this age 13 or 14 lmao

>tfw you die but there is no soul
>tfw no feel
Even some Buddhists and Muslims realised this. You idiots think there is a monolithic Eastern tradition. My take is you either contribute to life (which is for the living) or you kill yourself.

why tf is guenon a meme now?

>. My take is
That's the point you insufferable psued, there are no 'individual takes'; there is only the same truth underlying everything manifested itself differently according to time and circumstance; everything else and every other 'take' is necessarily a deviation from this and is hence untrue, pic related is Guenon already btfoing you in the 1920's nearly a century ago

Attached: 744b0aba86c0c5c7eb91d1c9a5724efb.jpg (1280x825, 238K)

>modern man
no I'm strictly an Al-Farabian. There is only opinions.

Not the op, but you people are retarded. I'm gonna stick with Peirce. Gueon fans are confirmed morons and you disgust me.

>thinking anyone in the 21st century can come up with anything which in any way improves upon the already perfect and complete truth revealed in the esoteric Atma-jnana of the Vedas which emanated from the monad Godhead and was revealed to the Aryans when they live in Hyperborea 10,000 BC, seven or eight thousands before they would venture out and conquer the world and give birth to all subsequent philosophy and religion.
read Guenon

Attached: e0ff7b8a9c02be229b5598df0542d92c.jpg (1117x1540, 430K)

Attached: OkayGuy.jpg (1705x959, 89K)

is guenonposting the new landposting?

this is lit, you're all pseuds trying to larp superiority by asserting some tribal authority by attempting to undermine every other larping psueds tastes who still consistently posts here just like you. You aren't even right, or close to it, your just miming what you think Guenon was talking about and proving the other user right or yourself an idiot.

"I" don't exist you pseud, only Atma-Brahman is real, I'm not a person posting on Yea Forums, I'm the self-effulgent and luminous Godhead who is the witness of everything

Whose the guy on the left lol probably some commie Peterson would btfo of him

don't let them turn you off reading interesting thinkers, user. they are just niggers.

Holy moly, this is good! Remove the bug man and boomer buzzwords, Cunstruct the sentences as round ons with semicolons with a little more autism, and it would be like Guenon's ghost arose from the dead the sole purpose of BTFO'ing Peterson.

The universal witness is a stage, you have more to see you're not done yet.

why do you think I'm on Yea Forums lol

I don't know you tell me?

Good post

Peterson would btfo him very easily

wrong, peterson is a pseud