Where do I start with Guenon? I used to be a Therevadin scholar for 15 years...

Where do I start with Guenon? I used to be a Therevadin scholar for 15 years, until I recently got btfo by a Guenon adherent and have been taught my Anglo-American buddhism was all a lie.
I am now back at square one and have realised my western eyes had misled me.
How can I repent and learn? What book of his should I start with?

Attached: rene-guenon-1925-bw-2.jpg (149x206, 17K)

Attached: 41ATFpVimML._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (330x499, 17K)

Start by being a Hindu nationalist street-shitter probably living in the West, with an IQ of 95 and dubious theory of mind, and then begin spamming about Guenon all day every day on some forum that already talks about Guenon a lot but gradually comes to associate Guenonposting only with your horrifically bad, rude, dead-end threads so that respect for Guenon actually drops on the forum.

I'd recommend following the chart, my only point of contention with it being that Man and His Becoming According to the Vedanta (1925) should be read before The Symbolism of the Cross (1931)

Attached: 1525880912113.png (6161x5009, 3.81M)

Attached: introduction.png (596x838, 204K)

Why would you read Guenon for insights about Buddhism?

Thank you.
I used to be a Therevada Bhikku I'll have you now. That is just the extent to which the Guenon-adherent had btfo me. I am truly happier for it. I recommend relinquishment of false western beliefs to all those who rebel against Guenon's word.

Guenon-posting will never die because Guenon is the patron saint of Yea Forums and the meme has become too engrained at this point, his presence makes itself known in every thread, we all feel it

you cant understand shit without a background in the tradition or else you'll end up as a LARPer

This. Guenon posters are all too high IQ for the rest of lit. That's why we're mostly found on discord.
Our influence permeates however.

Attached: 61bNCrrJLaL.jpg (907x1360, 187K)

Posting Guenon will not die. Good Guenon discussion has died since you started posting garbage like this every day.

Guenon is smarter than you or your precious "buddha", I know it hurts you to know that

This, before anyone asks "well what was Guenon's background?"'; Guenon was qualified to comment on these matters via him being initiated into a linage of Vedic knowledge dating back to before Buddhism, from which Buddhism sprang, and which finally superceded Buddhism in the 8th century with the flowering of perfection in the works of the great Śaṅkarācārya

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 7K)

this, lmao

Guenon supercedes shankara.

Guenon is the most notable modern exponent of shankara and doesn't agree with him in any way, differing only insofar as where Guenon points out how all of the worlds other worthwhile metaphysical systems and esoteric religious teachings also tend to culminate in a non-dualism resembling that which was sketched out by shankara

no, guenon goes well beyond shankara

nice try pseud but I've read the complete works of both Guenon and Shankara, you can't fool me

why so many Guenon threads today?

Was his reversion to Islam actually genuine? You'd figure that he'd be a Hindu of sorts.

He wore a gold ring inscribed with the om symbol ॐ until the day he died, and he could do so without any contradiction because the eternal truth underlying all religions (which corresponds mostly closely to Advaita Vedanta but which is beyond labels and names itself) is equally expressed in the works of Adi Shankara and the great Sufi Ibn Arabi

To help ignore the hunger pangs of Ramadan

bordel this is trop basé

Is there a "name" for his "group?" I'm very interested in learning more about it, perhaps I should refer to
this chart?
t. Catholic

>Is there a "name" for his "group?"
Yes, Guenon founded a school of thought called the "Traditionalist school", to which belong Evola, Coomaraswamy, etc

>perhaps I should refer to this chart?
>t. Catholic
Yes, start with the first book and go from there. If you have questions regarding the points Guenon makes and Catholicism see the works of the Catholic Traditionalist Jean Borella for answers; from Guenon's perspectives Christianity at its origins was equally reflecting or descending from the same truth as the other religions

There are two kinds of mystical monism GUENON* failed to explore. A more temporally-focused one like Dharmakirti, Heraclitus, and J. Krishnamurti whereas a more spatially-focused that becomes aspatiotemporal like Shankara and Advaita.

The former tend to put emphasis on creativity whereas the latter treats creativity as an obstacle.

Do you believe Guenon sincerely declared the shada, believed that Muhammad was the last prophet and that the Qur'an was genuinely God's word? I'm not looking for conflict, I barely know Guenon I am simply curious.

Yes, but he interpreted in his own idiosyncratic way. Is that still sincere belief? I don't know.

>I used to be a Therevadin scholar for 15 years, until I recently got btfo by a Guenon adherent and have been taught my Anglo-American buddhism was all a lie.
wtf this happened to me too

see

Yes, because once you read enough Vedanta and Sufism you understand that they're not really incompatible. Guenon would have understood Muhammad as just being the human through which was sent the last revealed religion spontaneously emanating from the non-dual Godhead during this cycle of manifestation, all the culturally etc aspects of Islam being secondary to this dawning of knowledge of unity taken to its full elaboration in the works of Sufis