Hey guys recommend me a book

>hey guys recommend me a book
>here read this ultra popular book a three seconds google search will show you
Why do you people do this?

Attached: pg_large.jpg (638x1000, 61K)

Because reading is a dying activity, and most books that are popular are good, as most normies don't care for books.

If someone just says "reccomend me a book" without any specifics, Yea Forums will interpret that to mean they arent very well read and will make recommendations accordingly.

>hey guys recommend me a color
>idk red?
>wtf that's such a commonplace color you suck lmao pleb
maybe you should have specified what you were looking for turbotard

More like lit only knows the popular entry level books.

The funny thing is you probably still haven’t read them, but you write them off simply because they are commonly recommended. Do you think your special? Faggot.

I think the complaint should be about people asking for book recommendations without being specific when we have loads of charts for different types of books and there are great reading lists all over the internet.

Both the charts and reading lists comprise entirely of entry level popular books. Face it: no one here dives deep into literature.

If you want an obscure book, ask for it.
Are you slow ?

Yes

What's 'deep literature' to you?

Stuff with less than 30 goodreads reviews.

>muh obscure = good
Ask me how I know you're some retard from Yea Forums who has never read anything someone had told you

What an arbitrary and retarded standard

I'm objectively smarter than you

Not always, but at least this way you show you're not a pleb.

Bud Yea Forums isn't Yea Forums. There aren't thousands of writers per decade who are maybe okay. Reading a book isn't like listening to a 45 minute album. Almost no one on this board read books written within the last 30 years even.
>muh obscure 2019 writer
Is a dogshit writer. If not, they will be immediately canonized following their tragic, early death in 2027. Read the books people have recommended you, you underread teenage retard.

dohoho he reads to show off

here you go retard

Attached: spoonfeeding.png (1280x642, 206K)

>most books that are popular are good, as most normies don't care for books.
But that sounds like all the more reason to read unpopular books.

Oh, this looks like a chance for self-promotion

Hey butterfly thank you for following what I say.

Today, after work, go and buy a dog collar with my name on it : Tyler. Like put the collar around your neck with the engraving so everyone knows you’re my property.

Thank you :3

So go do it and report back

Not true bucko. There are many forgotten great writers no one knows because they're busy reading catcher in the rye or whatever. Also lit reads a lot of authors from the last 30 years.

Here you go champ. I had less than 30 ratings in mind but said reviews, but you're okay. You get to join my elite club.

Okay Yea Forums have fun never reading anything

Yeah you're objectively the faggot in the room when an intellectual discussions lstarts

>Not true bucko. There are many forgotten great writers no one knows because they're busy reading catcher in the rye or whatever. Also lit reads a lot of authors from the last 30 years.
You're making a really stupid comparison. Recorded music has only been around for a century, and in the beginning only in select countries. Literature has been around for thousands of years with thousands of cultures, countries, and peoples coming and going. Any--and I mean literally ANY--literature from the recording of Gilgamesh to ~1989 you'll be suggested is going to be popular in some capacity, however niche, through the sheer inevitability of the number of books being so much larger than the market able to support their continued existence, either through reprinting, web 1.0 websites shutting down due to disinterest, etc. This guy for example may have 66 reviews on Goodreads because Goodreads is Anglocentric but he's relatively well-known, if niche, in Romania. The only possible answers you're only get are going to be either self-promotion, fanfiction and the like, or books that only the poster owns and you can't access a copy to, and I guarantee you nothing that seems unique about those works will have anything that wasn't already done in something more popular like Lost in the Funhouse or a popular web 1.0 site. Please just fuck off.

>Bach? Chopin? Nah bruh gimme a heavily shilled indie rock band with less than 20 listeners on last.fm

Attached: 1555122822530.png (474x711, 90K)

Low effort questions will receive low effort answers.

We don't know anything about you because this is an anonymous forum. Why the fuck are you asking for recommendations? Of course you're going to get some basic shit.

>hurr durr I'm not a pleb who reads basic shit!

If that's what you got out of that post you're an idiot.