Brave New World is just a Utopia! I don't know what the author think this world is a dystopia!

>Brave New World is just a Utopia! I don't know what the author think this world is a dystopia!

Why there are people so mentally ill that they think that the world in this book is somehow in any form good?

Attached: hOVqSfo.jpg (325x499, 33K)

Is it peaceful?
Yes
Are people happy?
Yes

How is it not good?

You rape kids?
>Yes
But you're happy with it?
>Yes
How is not good? XDXDXD

Holy SHIT how can you be so stupid?

People have been turned into machines, there's no soul.

I see you would be a gamma or a delta

pretty bad book and who are you quoting?

Proof that even if God made a world free from suffering, people would still complain about the world. Can anyone design a world that is not only a utopia for humans but also fulfills God’s nature? I’d like to see you try.

If I knew God's nature I would be God user

The World of Brave New World is full of suffering. They drug themselves to ignore it.

Its a utopia for the people its serving. To someone like John or someone like you and me it's a certain kind of hell
But its utopia for the fact that they have no wants or needs, and, aside from a few occasional malcontents, you can't find issue with its vapid hedonism if vapid hedonism is all you know, and you're conditioned from birth to vehemently reject anything else

BNW is neither utopic or dystopic

It's a literal blueprint written by a literal member of the elite, openly.

Either that's your kid and you took a creepshot while he's naked or you managed to lure a child into your lair. Either way you're a pedo. Reported

>But its utopia for the fact that they have no wants or needs
No is not.

The word "Utopia" was created by a Catholic Priest to refer to a world were people is truly happy and connected with each other. If anything, Brave New World describe a place were everyone is unhappy and want to kill themselves. To avoid this the population need to be brainwashed, change their genetic and drug them in a daily basis. Is Satan's World.

We kind of seemed like a utopia to me. i bet autists would definitely feel that way, although maybe they would be euthanised in that world

why would you want to feel good if you can't realize and or reflect on yourself feeling good?

at the point of bnw, 99% of the populace are drones that follow simple chemical pathways akin to an insect, like a drone ant

It’s a society expressly designed for them, and they for it. From their viewpoint it’s certainly a utopia. That an observer from the 20th or 21st centuries would find it otherwise is neither here nor there as far as the BNW populace is concerned.

I think Huxley’s point is that utopia comes at a cost — that a society without dissent, ambition, competition, intellectualism, etc. must be in stasis. There’s nothing in BNW to show why its society needs to exist; it’s just there and we can easily imagine that absent some significant external threat it will continue in its given form indefinitely.

to, dr: Which is more important — progress toward a higher goal or purpose, or having the basic physical/mental/emotional needs of virtually all the populace met?

They're not stupid, they are literal subhumans

False equivalence. How can you be so stupid?

>It’s a society expressly designed for them
yeah, you just need to give up your humanity, only it's taken without question

>t. doesn't realize he's John the Savage already

I don't think we've read the same book.

Yes, that's why 1984 isn't the instruction manual. We're already following Brave New World manual.

They don't care

>To avoid this
So they avoided it? Problem solved. The people who want to kill themselves would be the people without the reprogramming, us, so your theory falls apart there too.

People who don't understand the concept of freedom can't understand why the book is not a utopia.

oh look, someone made this post again.

because their ability to care was ripped from them by the system before they were even born.

Avoidance is not the same thing as overcoming. Utopia is an overcoming of malcontent, it is a distinct lack not a covering over. It's like if you spill a drink on the carpet and put a papertowel over it vs never having spilt anything in the first place.

>Avoidance is not the same thing as overcoming
The outcome is the same since they're not the ones avoiding, the directors were. It's ignorance for the people rather than avoiding.

>It's like if you spill a drink on the carpet and put a papertowel over it vs never having spilt anything in the first place.
Or having no negative feelings about spilling things on the carpet at all