"Sexual experience seemed a natural appetite...

>"Sexual experience seemed a natural appetite, and its satisfaction a completion of human experience necessary for fully qualified authorship."
Thoughts?

Attached: georgebernardshaw.jpg (280x396, 60K)

Context? The "seemed" implies that this was merely appearance, and the speaker learned better afterwards.

>Context?
Contemplation of the loss of his virginity 40 years later.
Perhaps Shaw himself did not agree with his own earlier perception, but I was more wondering whether Yea Forums agreed with it.

>fully qualified
spooked

Was Kant not a "fully qualified author"?

lmao nigger I've seen shit these 19th century fruits couldn't even imagine in their most depraved wetdreams. I've seen the void in all its naked turpitude... and I fapped to it

keking my ass of at some plebby boomer fuck trying to lecture me on "sexual qualification". bruh the worst you've seen is anal. I'm miles ahead of you. shut the fuck up boomer.

I've fapped to shit that would make you lose your 19th century faith in god. I've fapped to stuff that would make you projectile vomit and retire to a fucking monastery. and not only do I fap to it--I get bored of it and have to find something even more depraved.

boomers lol what dweebs

Attached: 1530847508935.jpg (500x414, 24K)

But he was a shit author, meanwhile sexual neurotics like Kierkegaard and Kafka, and apathetic abstinents like Milton, are permanent classics

Lol great post.

>sexual neurotics
I feel attacked

>I've seen the void in all its naked turpitude... and I fapped to it
>bruh the worst you've seen is anal. I'm miles ahead of you. shut the fuck up boomer.

Attached: 1529208582749.jpg (665x345, 27K)

guys like shaw are proof that le sex drugs n rockn roll boomer bullshit exists to cover up the fundamental fatuousness of the boomer

He was moreso known at the time for his epigrammatic wit than his actual works, which while occasionally popular, failed to court any universal adulation. He was a celebrity, a popular mind whose work was more as a littérateur than an author--a critic than a creator.
Much of his greatest writing was found in his letters, not widely read even by Shavian devotees until their posthumous compilation and publication by Dan Laurence in the 80s at least 30 years after their initial conception.
To experience Shaw is to either have lived with him contemporaneously, or to look through his extra-literary works.

Another Shaw quote, in a letter sent from Britain in 1942:
>"I have been reading Hitler's Mein Kampf really attentively instead of dipping into it. He is the greatest living Tory, and a wonderful preacher of everything that is right and best in Toryism. Your Party should capture him and keep him as a teacher and leader whilst checkmating his phobias. On the need for religion, on the sham democracy of votes for everybody, on unemployment and casual labour, he is superb."

I know, but there isn’t any substance to his famous prefaces either, it’s all just shallow witticisms

Shallow witticism can nonetheless be as impressive in its careful construction as a monumental work in its depth, just as light verse may still find sublimity in its buoyancy.
The substance of a simple cake can still be found in a perfect recipe of its icing.

SEX IS AN URGE, NOT A NECESSITY.

SEXUAL ENERGY EXHAUSTS ONE’S SOUL, AND IT DISSIPATES ONE’S SPIRIT —SEXUAL ENERGY CONSUMES ONE’S VITALITY.

soul and spirit do not exist

— «SOUL, AND SPIRIT, DO NOT EXIST», SAID THE FLESHVESSEL.

— «SOUL, AND SPIRIT, DO NOT EXIST, SAID THE FLESHVESSEL,» SAID THE FLESHVESSEL IN DENIAL

real compelling argument. an inadvertent admission that you don't have one.

how the fuck are there still dingbats going around these days who believe in "soul" and "spirit"? those terms couldn't even be defined when people still gave them a serious amount of significance.