Want to get into Gnosticism is the

Want to get into Gnosticism is the
>green pill
the way to go?

>pic related is an old chart from warosu

Attached: 1407847284761.jpg (900x4100, 3.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cambridge.org/core/books/hermetica-ii/F5187119F7B83D0E2B61A0DEBC56B59F
mundusmillennialis.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

bump

Greenpill is lame. Become goldpilled with old school alchemy.

Attached: E2FA0C71-AF72-44D8-A951-4CCD1BB0D920.jpg (600x2100, 300K)

Want to read about Gnosticism tho I could care less about the particular pill, just think Gnosticism is interesting

Read Pagels and Nag hammadi library. Then check out the dead sea scrolls. Also research pythagoreanism, orphism, platonism, abrahamic platonism, hermeticism, greco-egyptian magic, and greco-egyptian mystery cults for context. Chart provides numerous good primary sources. Colenhaver has a slightly better Hermetica than the Salaman on the chart but I am too lazy to fix.

ty, a bit broad of all the topic for context but I suppose I should find my own path after the main stuff

Don't wanna be a cunt but it's copenhaver.
also, thoughts on this? cambridge.org/core/books/hermetica-ii/F5187119F7B83D0E2B61A0DEBC56B59F

here

I have more questions for you, do you ever put into practise whatever you've read, or did you think it changed your life significantly? Besides being more well read.

I don't know if I stated my questions properly, I just want to know about the opinions of someone who likely invested a lot of time into this.

It might appeal to you. Similar metaphysics. Religions don't appear out of nowhere. The goldpill enriches understanding of the greenpill. But nothing wrong with just starting with whatever interests you. What's green is gold. And vice versa. Become spiritual is an awakening that never ends until when wakes up fully to death. And even then, according to some, without gnosis (knowledge), one simply falls back asleep rather than realize the Godhead.

yes, I'm assuming after a gain a basis in gnosis I could research more broadly the religions of the world and metaphysical doctrines so I can see what comes from what(although i think they come from each-other)and become more enlightened overall

I know Yea Forums is edgy boi central, but I think that list is probably too much.

I’m not an expert but I do have an academic interest in western esoterica / general occultism and spirituality. That list swings from Masonic and Golden Dawn to theosophy and Fourth Way stuff. I think eventually you probably should read all that, but not as a beginner. Gurdjieff is obtuse as fuck, Crowley is a pain to read for beginners (including myself). I think it would be better to read general philosophy and books like the Joseph Campbell and the Nicholas Clark, then focus one one tradition at a time. Pick and choose cafeteria occultism will not lead to insight or mastery.

Also, why Gnosticism user? Standard Gnosticism has a very Judeo Christian heritage, be forewarned. The pagan aspects are not as developed as you’d think by many authors on the subject, which I think is lamentable as I would consider it far more pagan in thinking than Christian.

Esotericism has changed my life drastically but I only have one life so I can't really compare it to anything. The changes wrought have ranged from the insignificant to the shocking but I shan't bore you with grocery lists. It has, at least, given me a sense of fulfillment and purpose (I plan on working in the field academically) as well as philosophical understanding (my philosophical fears are mostly erased) and meditation has also both given me patience and peace for dealing with the small things. I also am able to lucid dream regularly. I try to do dream yoga. Might be a coincidence tho.

I've read books/researched Hinduism,Eastern Doctrines,g/acc,/acc,Pantheism,atheism, and was born into a Christian family. Nothing stick'ed and the only thing that appeals to me is Schopenhauer and his contemporaries pessimism(even though I was raised Christian and my family is still and always will be Christian the hopelessness of life is what made sense to me most) but after reading Guenon's first book it was obvious Schopenhauer did not have Buddhism correct but his appreciation for metaphysics still stands. For me, rather than being impressed/having appreciation for buddhism I am way more fascinated by the Gnostics and Mystics who seemed not distracted but rather actual truth seekers; I still have respect for Judaeo Christianity and eastern metaphysics of-course.

I understand, good luck with your work, and thanks for sharing.

If your background is developed as you say I think you should be fine to jump in where the other user suggested.I didn’t (and still really don’t) have the philosophical and religious background that I think is required for actually having a good grasp of esoteric concepts, which is why I cautioned on trying to start out with such a mixed reading list.

Also, you should incorporate a daily spiritual practice, whatever that may be. I think it might help bridge the theoretical and the practical when studying this sort of thing.

what does your daily spiritual practice look like?

you retards coudent tell what buddhism is if it came out your ass, the buddhism all you twats refer to comes from the Hīnayāna which is the shitty retarded version of the original doctrines compared with the Mahāyāna which stays way truer to the doctrines. You all are fascinated with a buddhism that is most likely the farthest and least familiar with any eastern doctrines aka not buddhism but some shit Westerners love to praise. As a student studying Traditionalism but more so the orientals i can't help but cringe everytime I see you discuss "Buddhism" its more so some-shit the Westerners took in and adapted to their imagination. You guys think you can follow some chart (like pic-related) and become a Eastern monk and maybe even understand Buddhism itself? gtfo, read guenon's first book so you can get rid of your western prejudices

Most eastern stuff devolves into mysticism anyways...

While its not necessarily Gnostic, Decartes Mussings are pretty interesting when talking about the ideas of reality and godhead. He tends to leave out the more doctrinal stuff too which is a plus.

Guys, what is Gnosticism? Any time I've looked into it I can't find a decent, short explanation of what it actually is.

how_to_waste_time_the_chart.jpg

mundusmillennialis.com/

Wrong thread, boi

greenpill is basically just non-committal centrism or apolitical nihilism masquerading behind a consumer counterculture identity, whilst attempting to critique the very existence of such an identity as some sort of insurance plan against being wrong

The belief that Jesus came not to impart faith but secret philosophical knowledge usually related to meditative metaphysics.

what do you believe in user?

Hmm, that sounds interesting. Thanks for the simple explanation

nothing, im greenpilled

I've used this list, and it's been pretty alright so far. While I haven't totally delved into Gnosticism, it is something I plan on getting to, and I feel that it's necessary to have a good background in the general western "esoteric tradition". Also, as far as fiction is concerned, Philip K Penis is pretty mandatory reading, especially his later stuff like VALIS, which is a pretty fun read.

Attached: Spooky Business.jpg (780x1200, 357K)

Also, I'm generally apprehensive of Blavatsky, as I've understood that a lot of what she wrote is shoddy at best.

Christian mysticism is my jam.
But I cut out the Gnostic teachings.
To the unenlightened, here's how God envisions the feeble human intellect.
They ask for proof. He threatens them with eternal damnation. Ultimately, it is rational for a soul to exercise caution. God is plausible (capable of being believed in), and if you receive a threat from a self-proclaimed mouthpiece of God, it should make you think.
Then, you should study this man's words. See if there are any logical inconsistencies in what he says that would prove he is a mere mortal. When they find there are no flaws, and that what His prophet has said makes a good deal of sense, this should be adequate for belief.
Skepticism is a rational way of viewing the world for a human being? Well, no, not according to God and He's omniscient after all.

Anyway, for the fear of eternal damnation, it is merely what one is in danger of in the case of the failure of the arrival of the second Christ. You see, Jesus was a man who achieved a permanent mystical state, entirely submitting his will to the will of God and becoming the personification of the Logos in the process.
To produce Jesus, God had to allow for evil, and then uses Jesus as an apt sacrifice to cleanse His will restoring his original purity.
Problem... Jesus must be in a state of death without aid of the Father for the sacrifice to be complete. That's where we come in. We must walk the same path Jesus walked down and raise Jesus from the grave, bringing an end to this system. Then Jesus raises the dead, and the second Savior judges the rest of humanity.

Everything I say is backed up by scripture if you look closely enough. Jesus spoke cryptically so as to produce someone who would be an equal to himself.
"The Son of Man must be lifted as Moses lifted the snake in the desert."
"The Spirit of Truth is coming to reprove the world in regards to sin, righteousness, and judgement."
"Is it not written, 'Ye are Gods'?"
"I and the Father are One."
"The Father is greater than I"
"The Kingdom of heaven is within you."
"To enter the kingdom of heaven you must be born of water and Spirit"

stop shilling your blog dumb spic

nihilism just sounded pessimistic to me so it made me question your idea

the greenpill is only pessimistic when the drugs stop working

>reading books about the Illuminati written by agents of the Illuminati to spread disinformation
literally what the fuck?

Right now it’s meditation. I’m shit at silencing the mind but my goal is to get better with practice.

At some point, I want to make the sunrise and sunset spiritually significant. Beginning and ending the day in that mindset (I’ve heard) is very useful. It’s an act of ritualization that sacralizes the mundane life.

If you were a Christian, I’d recommend some scheduled prayer time or devotional. If you were a pagan I’d recommend setting up an altar with idols of your deities and give your gifts or offer praise once a day. It doesn’t matter what you believe as much as I think it’s about daily ritual and practice in making your life sacred.