How to into taoism? Especially Quanzhen

How to into taoism? Especially Quanzhen

Attached: LaoTzu09.jpg (600x450, 63K)

Not OP, but following. Is this a good translation or should I go for one by a different author?

Attached: tao te ching.png (451x669, 483K)

no pinyin so it is trash

>pinyin
why should there be pinyin

I just think it's a better transcription system, don't take my reaction too seriously. But the oxford world classics version is probably best

The Wisdom of LaoTse by Lin YuTang is my favorite translation, also because it includes short stories by Chuang Tzu which are charming.

>pinyin
Ah for transcription. Gotcha. I'm OP and already have two translations.
Daodejing by Ivanhoe and one I haven't read which is allegedly more "poetic" by Mitchell.

I'm interested in works beyond Laozi and Zhuangzi. Especially Qiu Chuji as he was in a Jin Yong booka I enjoyed.

Do you mean Zhuangzi/庄子?

Attached: 1543515870693.png (1334x749, 800K)

I am being a bit of a jackass because I am studying Chinese at the moment. But I haven't heard of those philosophers before so I'll be sure to check them out

>those philosophers
>philosopher(*S*)
How have you not heard of Laozi and/or Zhuangzi at least?

Yup

Of course I have read them! But not Qiu Chuji

He can drink a lot of wine.

you retards coudent tell what buddhism is if it came out your ass, the buddhism all you twats refer to comes from the Hīnayāna which is the shitty retarded version of the original doctrines compared with the Mahāyāna which stays way truer to the doctrines. You all are fascinated with a buddhism that is most likely the farthest and least familiar with any eastern doctrines aka not buddhism but some shit Westerners love to praise. As a student studying Traditionalism but more so the orientals i can't help but cringe everytime I see you discuss "Buddhism" its more so some-shit the Westerners took in and adapted to their imagination. You guys think you can follow some chart (like pic-related) and become a Eastern monk and maybe even understand Buddhism itself? gtfo, read guenon's first book so you can get rid of your western prejudices

Attached: 06A4A10A-DD26-4D3F-9270-9E45DB1A10EA.jpg (2712x5224, 3.67M)

stop spamming this fucking shit copypasta, it's not funny

How much wine?

retards replying to it like yourself is what makes it funny

So can I... drinking beer at the moment though. What is that Jin Yong book that you mentioned? Seems like you know a lot about Daoism already

Read Jin Yong to find out

>Seems like you know a lot about Daoism already
nigger I only said that I've read a translation of the daodejing, and name-dropped a few taoists
that's hardly "a lot"

no it doesnt idiot

Well just read Laozi and Zhuangzi... that's all that you need to know about Daoism. Maybe follow a course in classical Chinese to understand the linguistic part of the philosophy. Just trying to help nigger

motherfucker I asked about quanzhen baizuo aiyah

This helped me to 'get it'.

Attached: 41lAKOAuSSL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (375x499, 17K)

>mollgaard