What am i in for?

What am i in for?

Attached: 156182._UY630_SR1200630_.jpg (414x630, 52K)

A real gass

I prefer this tunnel

Attached: 6B42EC52-AE91-458D-A05F-51F226FF8F29.jpg (400x404, 37K)

>Robert Alterin his review of the book inThe New Republicwrote: "Some may seize on it as a postmodern masterpiece, but it is a bloated monster of a book. [...] The bloat is a consequence of sheer adipose verbosity and an unremitting condition of moral and intellectual flatulence. [...] The abjection of (Gass') hero seems less lived than written. It is an act of ventriloquism: behind the repulsive, potentially fascist narrator stands his critic, the novelist, presumably committed to humane, democratic values. But those values are nowhere intimated in the book, and what emerges is a kind of inadvertent complicity between author and protagonist. The supposedly critical novel becomes an enactment of bad faith."
GASS BTFO

>I hate facists

Great

Gass is one of America's greatest prose stylists

>Thirty years in the making, William Gass's second novel first appeared on the literary scene in 1995
Holy shit, how do you take 30 years to write a novel?

Good choice. edson is bizarre but enjoyable

First 100 pages are shit. skip them for the most part. Really. Don't waste your time on it. Can't find my book at the moment so can't make specific recos.

The character is super interesting. The caricatures of professors are super interesting and detailed. Best chapter: The Bigot. He really writes like a Yea Forums poster.

He just claimed that because of his inferiority complex over Gaddis who had 20 years between the recognitions and JR after being unappreciated.

Herman Melville took 18 months to write Moby Dick. I really cannot comprehend a figure like 30 years.

How dare you lie like that

Google told me it took him 18 months. Are you calling Google a liar, amigo?

i just found a pdf and read a few. it makes me feel like a brainlet. it's like he was on an acid trip and wrote stream of consciousness

bump

>6 years of people memeing the tunnel
>doesn't work at all
>nobody ever recommends it in random threads
>every thread about it dies after 20 posts
>some 85%+ of people who get tricked into reading it call it awful
>author is a fat butthurt faggot who takes unwarranted potshots at his betters
dumb gassposter

A guy gave to book to my wife b4 he died and said it changed his life. Should I read it? Just sitting on bookshelf. She sure as shit isn't going to read it

yes

>a guy gave a 1000 page postmodern book to a woman
>should I listen to his opinion?
Well he was obviously a retard so what do you think?

made it to page 200.
i never drop books, even if I don't like it.
Don't really know what about this book but couldn't go on and I love postmodernist garbage

Russell Edson is the most underappreciated poet I know of. rivaled perhaps by Komunyakaa

So is Gass cringe and Bluepilled or Based and Redpilled?

It's a long ass book, and the manuscript got stolen halfway through writing it.

just started this as I bought it some years back when Yea Forums seemed to be a good source of literature.

I am uncertain at the moment, it just reads like a whinging cuckold. On the one hand, he's trying to make fun of the holocaust and trying to be disgusting, and the other hand he hate himself, his wife and his whole academic life. Contrary to writing a huge project on nazi Germany and having a comfy position in academia.

I dunno, it does feel like its going to get honest and disturbing, but it is exhausting already.