Looking to gain some kind of philosophy in life and decided that Jordan Peterson may be a good place to start...

looking to gain some kind of philosophy in life and decided that Jordan Peterson may be a good place to start. where should I start with Peterson?

Attached: Jordan_Peterson_c0-16-900-540_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 40K)

Read the introduction of The World as Will and Idea, so you can be cured of the need for a "philosophy of life".

read Kant instead start with "The Metaphysics of Morals"

thanks retards, but i'm looking for something by Jordan Peterson to start with. what's his most influential text?

I would start with some of the first JRE interviews with petersos as joe approaches the interview from a lay person perspective. Then I would stick with videos from his channel and his 12 rules book.

Also watch contrapoints video on peterson, as it is important to have some perspective on what he is and isn't, and contra does a good job of making those distinctions

judging from your posting you're probably best off sticking to his youtube stuff

Read the Wikipedia article on him and then find a Youtube video or two where he talks for 10 minutes or less. Read the material on his website.
I dare anyone to claim that this won't get user 90% of what Peterson has to say.

Don’t.... unless you want to be a misshapen red-pilled retard.

>jordan peterson
>anything remotely 'redpill'
Im pretty sure he's not naming the jew or telling you to be a sociopath to sleep with insecure women

Just watch the debate between him and Zizek, find out that he is retarded, and stop here and start with the greeks
If you don't find him retarded, his Youtube channel and r/jordanpeterson can a nice start, and if you can read books you can try his in the chronological order. But more importantly get out of lit.

>peterson
>philosophy

You have to listen maps of meaning on audiobook and allow his dulcet tones to inhabit your logos

i watched that debate and thought Peterson did a great job and mostly won the debate. in what way is he retarded? he was able to explain how Marxism is harming modern society

Have you watched the Chomsky Foucault debate? I think a comparison could show you how those two "actual" philosopher are nothing compared to Chomsky and Foucaul
And also read the manifesto. I don't even know if Peterson read it himself but he's at least sure his audience didn't. He adapted marxism to his speech and said a lot of bullshit about it.
Also I'm not Marxist, but Peterson is a hack that tries to make everything simple when it's not.

>philosophy
>peterson
choose one

Marxism is fundamentally an economic philosophy. It doesn't apply itself to social stuff well. In History of Sexuality Foucault quipped that he doubted that the history of sexuality in the 19th century was just another consequence of modes of production

On the 22nd of April Jordan Peterson gave a talk to the Heritage Foundation, one of the foremost think tanks in the Koch network.

Last year he gave a talk to The Manhattan Institute, another think tank in the Koch network.

He regularly attends Turning Point USA events and TPUSA receives funding from 4 different Koch funded groups.

On his twitter he often recommends something called HumanProgress. HumanProgress was founded and is funded by The Cato Institute - the premier think tank in the Koch network that the Kochs themselves founded.

He also recommends the Institute for Humane Studies. Charles Koch has been the chairman of its board since the early 1970s and between just 2005-2017 alone the Kochs donated 34 million dollars to it, and it is hosted on the grounds of George Mason University which they have extraordinary control over.

Peterson first come to public attention at Rebel Media. Rebels founder Ezra Levant did his internship at the Charles G. Koch Foundation, later he worked at the Fraser Institute the Kochs main thinktank in Canada. It has received funding from Daniel Pipes racist Middle East Forum. And MEF has received funding from Donors Capital Fund a 'blind trust' that the Kochs and other ultra rich reactionaries use to make anonymous donations to climate change denial groups and racist groups.

So what is the deal with the Koch Brothers and Jordan Peterson?

Start with his daughter if you know what i mean hehehe

Attached: AA843E4F-7A8C-4332-A307-34D1A24A985E.jpg (1634x1757, 576K)

why do you post this pasta in every thread about peterson

12 rules gor life is a good starting point.
In short: We are hierarchichal like lobsters so put your shoulders back, don't bully skateboarding kids, rescue princess from the dragon to have meaning. You will understand when u read the book.

>Implying Peterson is not some businessman who gets money by making young lonely adults follow him.
>Implying Peterson believes in the stuff he says
>Implying said young lonely adults are reasonable creatures.

Peterson's stuff is not even worth calling philosophy because it misses the exact point of philosophy. Questioning.