What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: roosterteeth.png (512x512, 73.81K)

They tried to do something other than Halo machinima.

too many podcasts

Red VS Blue stopped trying to be funny.
That was the start of the fall.

The nail in the coffin was not continuing Nomad of Nowhere.

>The nail in the coffin was not continuing Nomad of Nowhere.
I'm pretty sure that was due to money laundering by its director

What an idiot. Production is the biggest money laundering service outside government contracts, gambling, and fine art.

They could have gone on without him.
They sure as hell did when it came to RWBY.

more like they had no budget anymore

all the women and minorities clogging up the content

Adam fucked on Lawerences desk

I remember being excited for RWBY when it first came out. I wasn't blind to its flaws, but I could forgive them because I knew it was a passion project, made by a group of talented friends who just wanted to make cool shit together. In a way, it was like keeping up with a webcomic; you could tell it was amateurish, but watching it get better overtime was part of the fun.
But after Monty died and the series became a corporate IP overnight, the flaws became much less forgivable. It wasn't a passion project made with a vision among close colleagues anymore. It was just Miles wanking off into a million dollar tissue.
As far as I'm concerned, RvB ended after Freelancer. Bloodgulch is still the highlight of course, but I was fine with how the shit with the Director tied everything to a thematic conclusion for the guys. Everything after that is just a zombified husk though.
Nomad and Camp Camp were fun. Not flawless, but fun, and definitely a sign of hope for brighter times ahead.
Sadly, those times never came.
I miss how innocent everything used to feel. When I believed in the lie that I too could one day make cool things with my close friends. Now we know everyone hates each other and everything sucks.

Attached: ook.png (306x233, 66.97K)

This. They legitimately fucked up AH forever

Simply got too big. Always happens with companies that start out with a couple of friends and don't want to stick with one or two things they do well.

It really made the thirteen year olds that watch AH mad.

Some overrated animator was put in a creative position.

The buyout by WB. After that they became a corporate studio run by amatuer youtuber assholes while trying to pretend they weren't a corporate studio.

That and the whole sex fiend masterbatin thing.

>I miss how innocent everything used to feel.
You can really feel the shift in their 'in front of the camera' content like AH, the Podcasts, shorts etc from a group of friends fucking around and playing video games or whatever to this corporate veneer of a friend group that ticks all the right boxes of diversity.

The blaitentness of 'Oh fuck our last two black female cast members have jumped ship gotta hire yet another one. Cool we've got that demographic sorted? Time to find an inoffensive asian male to round out that quota' would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking sad

Attached: 1600498906292.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

so Yea Forums didnt want you retards so you tried to come here sad

Attached: 09.jpg (465x472, 61.52K)

Ky and BK aren't that bad. Also Joe being incompetent at games is hilarious

No, it all started with Lindsay and the GameKids lad worming their way into content and poisoning the lot. Play pals is all they have left anymore now

They tried to be a multimedia company when in reality they were just a collective at best. They burned money like crazy.

Additionally they seemed incapable of letting shit go. Red vs Blue should have ended years ago, now they can't end it properly since half the VAs left the company.

Yeah because his wife killed him

>THEIR CONTENT IS SHIT! SHIIIT!
>Watches RWBY.
>Is bretty gud.
This isn't the first time this happened, but it's the most relevant.
I just can't trust the opinions of you guys anymore.

>Ky and BK aren't that bad.
Neither can hold a candle to Fiona

Unironically? It turned corporate.

They tried to make their comedies into serious dramas

RWBY was fucking great up to and including season 3 but it went to shit right after that. All the fun got sucked out and was replaced with cheap drama and forced shipping.

>You can really feel the shift in their 'in front of the camera' content like AH, the Podcasts, shorts etc from a group of friends fucking around and playing video games or whatever

I think the Fuckface Podcast still does that well since it's just Geoff, Gavin, and Andrew talking about random shit. It reminds me of the old Lets Build episodes that Gavin and Geoff used to do where they would just talk about random stuff while making Minecraft maps.

Barbara having any power. She’s a very typical unfunny Canadian, but somehow the Jewish part just makes her insufferable. Most Jewish Canadians in the US are either the ones who hate their shitty government and charter or cucks who whine about guns.

Joel being fired via never being told when to come in was the surest litmus test that they were dead.

Nah, the first two volumes were hit or miss, with the drama being the best parts. Volumes 4 and 5 had their pacing issues, but still had strong emotional beats, such as with Ren's fight against the Knuckleave, Yang's emotional recovery, and the Blake's time on menagerie trying to convince people to help, to fight against the more corrupt White Fang (though I admit this arc went on for a bit to long.)
Volume 6, specifically the Lost Fable, is when the series really started hitting it off. The backstory of Salem and Ozma was tragic and provided some context for Remnant and some of its features (like its name). The Apathy were spoopy, and finally getting some context for the Silver Eyes was satisfying.
It's still a good show, just probably not the show you wanted.

fucking awful logo tbqhwy

My problem with Fiona was that she would just repeat jokes other people said like 30 seconds after the joke was first said

Rwby is what introduced me to rt. I didnt know any better so I assume rwby was the passion project job of a group of friends on a small budget making some faux anime, so I was very lenient but after a while it just kept getting shittier and shittier while their egos somehow kept growing just as much. Monty's passing was the beginning to the end for the series but desu the show always felt like some extreme false advertising compared to its initial action filled trailers

Sure thing buddy.
Sure thing.

Glad I dropped out of watching their stuff a long time ago when RvB was funny because what I hear from people now it's all insufferable.

Take a step out of this echo chamber sometime.

I still don't even know how RWBY got popular. When the initial trailer came out it looked like it might have some interesting fights. But the first couple episodes seemed to just be them cramming every anime trope they could possibly think of into it with terrible animation and poor voice acting.

this tbqh famm

Attached: Fiona Nova black cosplayer cosplay rooster teeth.jpg (570x809, 51.24K)

poor geoff

You know, your argument started nice, but then you complimented the other volumes as if they were such great addition to the show.

No one wants pandering and shitty ships, and forced drama. Volumes 1,2 and 3 were generic, yes, but simple yet effective. They worked.

Also Yang's "emotional recovery" was rushed and incredibly unsatisfying

Just stop.

>Just stop.
Make me~
I wasn't saying you had to enjoy it, I was just providing my opinion and citing what I liked in those volumes.
>No one wants pandering and shitty ships, and forced drama.
And yet RWBY is still popular enough to get an anime adaptation. Either you're wrong and people do want these things, or the show doesn't have those things.
>Yang's "emotional recovery" was rushed
If you think the recovery ended at volume 4, then you haven't been paying attention. Her issues persist throughout the next to volumes and are either outright discussed (the conversation between Weiss and Yang) or subtly implemented (the occasional hand shaking showing PTSD. How Yang needs some time to warm back up with Blake.)
Your takes are cold, man.

Camp Camp was pretty good but yeah their modern output of RT is just genuinely terrible especially their take on Transformers

the escalation in these replies has piqued my curiosity but I have low standards. Please continue the roleplay and explain.

I mean they should have ended it in season 13, literally the perfect ending

Ray revealed this secret on a post-AH podcast:
>someone says something funny
>it gets referenced, comments, etc
>someone in production/metrics notes this
>"Say the funny thing again."
>It gets repeated ad naseum because it is marked as "The Funny Thing As Of..."
>Shirts are made
>Promote shirt
>Keep grinding it into the ground
>Shirts sell
>Shirts stop selling
>"Quit saying the thing."

by the time she got there the format was so ingrained they probably told her how it worked and she had to move merch.

Monty Oum's fiance wanted a cat and he was allergic, so he went to the hospital for some operation or some such to fix that, and he ended up having a fatal allergic reaction to some part of the procedure.

I'll back you up on this assessment.

I got interested in RWBY not because of the writing and voice acting because those were shit. The fight scenes were great, but that can only carry a show so far. (Although, the music was incredible.) However, there are a couple things RWBY got right. It had just enough world-building to make you watch the next scene, and keep watching long enough to get interested in the characters. It also looked really neat and like nothing else at the time. I got interested in RWBY because I felt like I was seeing a new art form, an extremely crude medium used to tell a *possibly* interesting story. And even though I think the show got better and better over time, there is still some really bad baggage left from stupid storytelling decisions early on. The writing team is doing an OK job smoothing out some of these but damn I do not think RWBY will have a satisfying ending. It's pretty fucked up.

When they started being an actual company as opposed to just a bunch of friends making money off stuff they enjoyed doing together.

Oh I thought you meant the Nomad of Nowhere person died and his wife planned it. Knew about Monty. It happening twice in a row was what interested me.

Old team got too old.
New team was never good to start with.

They were always shit propped up by retards with abominable taste in shit.

Fpbp

Take the Fuckfacepill
>Geoff
>Gavin
>Andrew Panton
>Eric as the tard wrangler
>Nick as the occasional straight man
I honestly hope they never invite a guest on to the show

This

>I remember being excited for RWBY when it first came out. I wasn't blind to its flaws, but I could forgive them because I knew it was a passion project, made by a group of talented friends who just wanted to make cool shit together. In a way, it was like keeping up with a webcomic; you could tell it was amateurish, but watching it get better overtime was part of the fun.
>But after Monty died and the series became a corporate IP overnight, the flaws became much less forgivable. It wasn't a passion project made with a vision among close colleagues anymore. It was just Miles wanking off into a million dollar tissue.
RWBY has a lot of bad things but this is an extremely retarded basic bitch take that doesn't even begin to truly describe the actual problems with RWBY's writing and production. Corporatism was never an issue with Ruby, a huge chunk of V6 was literally made in response to fan complaints from V5. Miles literally stopped writing Jaune out of fear of harrassment. These are non-issues compared to the writers overall amateurishness and little familiarity with anime and its conventions, character bloat, lack of focus, mediocre fight scenes, poor planning, a shit ton of production issues, internal drama, etc. etc. tl;dr your take is a retarded sweeping generalisation that fails to outline the actual issues in favor of generic superficial complaints

>the exact moment when RT died completely

ryan and adam did nothing wrong, yes they were stupid coomers but how many other people probably still working for the company have done worse that has'nt been brought to light yet. the only reason that they were fired was because they were "Influencers" and on-screen personality's

Attached: who-was-fired-rooster-teeth-1602188676462.jpg (1200x628, 70.33K)

wants with people like this trying to make it seem like rwby is the worst thing ever i dont get it do you want clout that bad?

Based enjoyers who can find something to appreciate in RWBY

idiots wanted yang to look at adam drop to the ground shacking and crying saying shit like that is realistic

Red web is nice to listen to

>2 people did something stupid so everything is dead
so do you think they did everything at the company or something what's your logic here jackass

Literally the only good thing that has come out of RT in years