Literary fiction is as guilty of doing the same sins they accuse genre fiction of doing

Literary fiction is as guilty of doing the same sins they accuse genre fiction of doing.

Even if literary fiction is always dog shit at least they care about writing a good plot and be entertainment?

What does literary fiction has beyond petulance, elitism, disdain for the plebians, disdain for genre fiction and just mental masturbation?

BTW the best of the western cannon is fucking genre fiction, shakespeare is 100% genre fiction.
Philosophical ideas are not property of literary fiction BTW.

Most literary fiction I've read is mental masturbation about some boring nothing happens story with mundane characters using an anti trama while spouting philosophical nonsense and philosophical ideas about why he's depressed or why he hates the world or why capitalism is evil while using a verborrea of masturbation prose, look how many dictionary words I can use retardation.

At least genre fiction fags try to be interesting.

Attached: 1555690037322.jpg (380x380, 50K)

give examples

What literary fiction are you referring to?

What genre fiction are you referring to?

Absalom, Absalom of faulkner was the latest one I've read.

wow, nice prose, but absolute dogshit plot with static conflict and shit tier storytelling skill.
Just a flow of nice prose where nothing happens.

wow, some dude with almost no character development (except whatever crap the other characters tell about him) and some crappy scenes with static conflict where there are nothing important at stake.

A waste of nice prose.

But that book is about the prose will reply the retards, if I want a good plot I'll watch a movie, will be their second argument.

Recently lead Submission by Houellebecq. It was a political thriller by someone who casually watches the news.

lol retard

Any more? It could make the thread worthwhile if you'd add some examples to your big opinions.

absalom, absalom is a nice prose, but shit tier storytelling.

It would be a nice movie about rural southern america, but dog shit film where nothing happens beyond wow, these people remember old shit, wow, so deep.

Post Office of bukowsky, another shitty book where the author tells his mediocre life where nothing happens to a mediocre faggot who works as blue collar worker and nothing happens.

>genre fiction fags try to be interesting
Any examples for this?
Hating on specific works of literary fiction doesn't bring anything to your point, OP.

genre fiction follows traditional storytelling structures.

literary fiction at their core renounces such structures.

just like making crappy music because you don't follow popular music structure, you're still making crappy music.

static conflict is the defining characteristics of literary fiction scenes because anything that isn't static is genre fiction crap.

>le nothing happens
not gonna make it, read monte cristo if you absolutely insist on being a plot pleb

why can't retards think is a false dicothomy?

how bout god tier prose that also has a god tier plot?

is that too hard to ask?

maybe check out homer, mon ami

most of the top tier writers in the cannon do both.

shakespeare isn't genre fiction.
when is the last time you read a swordshit paperback written in iambic pentameter? i'm willing to bet not lately.

a book doesnt need a """plot"""
not everything needs to fit your narrow literary spectrum of avengers disney pixar toy story guardians of the galaxy black panther tom clancy kaboom blammo lights camera action bing bing wahoo reddit nigger shit

It was when he was alive dumbfuck.

shakespeare was writting his plots for retarded illiterate drunk sailors.

true

big if true

Queen Elizabeth I is the saltiest, illiteratest, drunkest sailor I know

compared to today even their scholars know less than modern day highschoolers.

shakespeare is genre fiction, just like a lot of classical music was popular when mozart was alive.

Question. Why not just write literary disguised as genrefiction?

Ever read any John Dee?

Did you learn Latin, Greek and biblical Hebrew in high school?

because that takes real effort.

>compared to today even their scholars know less than modern day highschoolers
wew lad

like the effort you're neglecting in your post. honestly why not?

like I said, the best of the western cannon is both genre fiction and literary fiction.

>mental masturbation about some boring nothing happens story with mundane characters using an anti trama while spouting philosophical nonsense and philosophical ideas about why he's depressed or why he hates the world
so you read notes from underground and thought Dostoevsky was the best literary fiction could offer? To be literate does not mean to obfuscate your words, if anything that's you projecting your own bastardisation of the term. Novels like Portrait of a Lady is written with a kind of clarity that you won't find anywhere else. If that's not your thing and it takes aliens n lasers to satisfy your (short) attention, then don't read it, but don't shit on those who have the capacity to enjoy it.