What’s with the female obsession over Sappho?

What’s with the female obsession over Sappho?

Attached: 158C9DC7-BE6E-4ED5-9632-851E4F4E7FFA.jpg (750x508, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=422-yb8TXj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She's the first attested lesbian poet (that I know of). Firsts are kind of a big deal in literature. I take it you've heard of Homer?

>le women thought about sex even then :DDDDD I thought sex didnt get invented until the 1960's
That's it really.

kek, yeah

Homer?
The first plagiarist?

You know that "Homer" wasn't actually a person, right? It's just the name that got slapped on an oral tradition

You know that Shakespeare wasn't actually a person right? It's just the name that got slapped on an oral tradition.

You know that Your Mum isn't actually a person right? It's just the name that got slapped while having an oral tradition.

And Plato's dialogues are accurate renditions of the historical Socrates too, I'm guessing? Learn something about the classics before you shoot off at the mouth. The "Homeric" poems existed for hundreds of years before they were written down.

Stand before me and be my friend

>The "Homeric" peoms existed for hundreds of years before they were written
I'm confused as to why you think this post doesn't imply that.

The whores have some equality complex

The point is that there was never actually some blind guy named Homer. Some rando just wrote them down at some point. The figure himself is fictional.

No, it was many greek poets inventing different parts of the poems later stitched together

Not to change the subject but, what’s the deal with Plato?
Sappho’s an icon of history. A different kind of woman than the ones we see in the rest of Christian European history. She’s significant.

What do you mean what's the deal with Plato? He's the first Western programmatic philosopher. That's the deal. He's the progenitor of the unified world-system.

whats with the Yea Forums obsession over females?

So?
What’s the deal with Shakespeare?
What’s the deal with other culturally significant people and things?

You have a very distorted idea of European History.
Read the Bible again and then Saint Teresa of Ávila.

Also read Anna Komnena, the doctor/historian of the reign of Alexios Komnenos

I've read fewer heartfelt accounts of love in prose than the part in the introduction when she talks about her dead husband

Too socially awkward and isolated they’ve lost all traces of just how to relate, much less attract, a mate. The resulting sexual tensions have led to animosity and a variety of excuses. This leaves the door open to both extremes of sexual perversity. The abstinent prude and the wannabe rapist/pedophile. Both of which are rather misogynistic. Sad state.

You have a distorted view of love.
Stop reading the bibble

Sappho's works weren't well preserved similar to many other Greek and Roman authors, so comparing her to Plato or Shakespeare isn't a good parallel as their works are present in their almost entirety for study today.

>no u
woah, so this is the power of lesbian intellectuals....

I don't understand you.
Try looking past your biases, your sexuality is indifferent .

That's really great that you can box people into two arbitrary categories based on your own entitled and excruciatingly limited perception, but have you ever tried actually understanding people beyond your own self-entitled and simplistic worldview? Maybe ever tried to analyze the actual causes behind the current epidemic of "social awkwardness and isolation"? Or would that somehow implicit yourself and your kind in the grand scheme of things, and goodness knows ones so self-assuredly perfect as yourself are far beyond analysis, let alone complicit reproach.

Oh geez, it’s just a post on a cartoon board. Imagine I stuck the word “generally” in there to sooth your jangled nerves.
I know there’s several more details to this problem of yours. Doesn’t stop it from being a sad state

>implicit
You mean implicate? No, my ass has nothing to do with your problems. Lesbianism has always existed, bisexuality has always been existed, but purposely ignored and swept away as “unnatural” or “sin”, and so men have made enemies of themselves and suffer. I didn’t do it.

don't repeat articles you've read like you're an authority

Men will never understand how good female sexual pleasure actually is. I would estimate that the female orgasm is at least five or six times more pleasurable than the male orgasm. The male orgasm is expulsive, the man is a slave to it. Man orgasms to reproduce. The female orgasm is retentive, it is an expression of ownership over the mind. Why does the female orgasm? It is not necessary for reproduction. Instead, female climax actually provides a narrow window for contact with God. The cyclical properties of female sexual function and orgasm-access and transformation give choice women intimate contact with the passage of time as it is, not as it is experienced. Woman has no need for the clock. Knowledge of the occult properties of the female orgasm has been repressed. Sappho knew.

It's harder to attain tho and apparently the more a woman is "experienced", the harder it gets to be satisfied with the same partner

Not an article, a shibboleth that my Greek professor would defend to the death with tooth and nail

This isn't my problem, sweetie, but unlike you, it is a problem I have sympathy for rather than a sadistic tendency to poke the wound of such as you so vulgarly do because it gives your pathetic little needy ego a jolt.

>has always been existed
You mean has always existed?
>swept away as "unnatural" or "sin"
You mean sinful?
Your flabby ass is definitely part of the problem because you're here teasing these poor lonely and horny saps, contributing to the problem.
And yeah, lesbianism has always existed and always been a sad state of affairs, a condition of someone trying to unlock a door with another door rather than a key, but I love it because it makes for some great bawdy jokes and shows God really does have a sense of humor.
>and so men have made enemies of themselves and suffer
That sentence doesn't mean anything, and you know it doesn't, but such is the sad attempt of a woman at analysis.

I doubt women even have orgasms.

From my experience I haven't noticed Sappho being popular with women. Is it really that shocking that some might admire a women poet from back then though?

What's your obsession with females, OP?

>This isn't my problem
Your butt is as sore as if it were, champion.
You are mistaken though, I do have sympathy for the afflicted. Why else would I be here trying to help? Jolt that.
*B̶e̶e̶n̶
I do not tease. I put up with the abuse and harassment. Like your pathetic boor/key metaphor
>god
There’s your problem
Men have made enemies of themselves, externally and inwardly, and suffer for it. You make the world suffer for your delusions and misunderstandings. History is a tragicomedy of errors

m.youtube.com/watch?v=422-yb8TXj8

The fuck it says boor for?
Pathetic spellcheck program

Attached: 6C58C894-0B90-49EC-A96E-C5A0270379B4.png (1167x800, 1020K)

ANSWER THIS BUTTERCUP

t. sad fuck

You wish.

Some are low sexed and just unfulfilled in their “normal” relationships with men. No shame in being low sexed though

Wrong. The pleasurability of the female orgasm is not contingent on partnership the way the male orgasm is. Another reason why the female orgasm is superior.

>contingent on partnership the way the male orgasm is
explain this, it sounds like more bullshit

Size isn’t everything, duh

>contingent on partnership means size
Duh yourself, do you really think that's what user meant? That's dumb.

likewise, don't say 'You know that "Homer" wasn't actually a person, right?'
that theory's publicity defies it's popularity among most scholars who are fashionable currently.

Nothing in this post has any basis in reality. The only delusional one here is you. You're so far up your own cunt you can't hear what anyone is saying except for your own bitter and neglected ovaries. Look at you absolving yourself of any wrongdoing. Go ahead and give yourself a nice long pat on the back, you innocent of the innocent. Women are so fragile they have to create their own fantasy versions of reality to justify their shallow lack of coherent understanding.
"Oh, me. Oh, my. What a terrible victim I am of man's delusional lust. If only everyone could be as perfectly reasonable as I am and not make external and internal enemies of themselves. Hmm, I better tack on some trite platitude here to distract them from the nonsense I just spewed. Hmm... 'History is a tragicomedy of errors.' There, that'll show 'em. Oh, and let's add an unremarkable piece of classical music to show I am cultured. Hehe, good luck with this one, boys."

Butterly person seems off her game today but you sound stupider, desu.

Beta orbiter

for you, shitposter

No one ever said popularity was the same as good scholarship

... what?

The height of the female orgasm is the clitoral orgasm. Penetration is not required. It's often not even helpful. The quality of the female orgasm is dictated by her position in the female reproductive cycle, and her connection with self and external. The female orgasm is achieved through psychological abstraction. By contrast, men spend their whole lives trying to find good pussy to stick their dick in, because the male orgasm is an expulsive, reproductive urge that requires a receptacle for the act to be biologically completed. The male orgasm is completed through psychological narrowness.

Sorry, I meant fashionability. You said "among most scholars who are fashionable now."

Pseud-tastic work user

I know the g-spot is controversial, but I never actually thought it had been conclusively disproved

Woah, you really showed me, son. Damn. Ouch.

As if these hysterics ‘sure showed me’

Can't argue with that sassy-bitch logic. Mmm-hmm, you go, girlfriend!

What’s going on in here :3 did butterfly say she was bisexual? Is she massaging her pussy

Nope, only her own ego, as always.

that was a modest way of saying 'scholars who aren't edith hall'. most scholars reckon there was one man (in the end) responsible & would probably bet a drachma his name was homer.

I think you’re both myopic and pessimistic. Who is to say she would not for me?

I honestly can not believe the level of blind hatred towards anything with a vagina. On her end she is being -somewhat- understanding.

I asked her to massage her pussy today and do something else while doing it. I believe she IS doing that right now. :3

>someone trying to turn me into an everywoman
>denies it
>nu-uh

If it’s a troll; 6/10

Attached: AFA1E8EC-63A8-415E-9FE3-D7A8F06F6931.gif (400x224, 146K)

Females have a herd mentality and their interests are mainly social approval signals that fit into a curated general aesthetic/character they want to display. Sappho is le based ancient lesbo that is pushed down their throats by their education/environment.

You’re in mid 30s, why post old Bork? :3

t. Harry Potter’s #1 fan

Wtf does any of this even mean? You're just talking in nonsense memes. Christ, you are one delusional dyke.
It's okay though, sweetie. I've got someone here on the phone who wants to talk to you, someone who misses you.
"Hello, dearie. It's me, Reality. Oh, it's been so many years. How have you been?"

I’m not trying to ‘turn you’ into anything. Are you doing what I asked you today or not? :3

She’s seven years older than me. Been a fan since she was with the Sugarcubes.

Stop derailing, twit.

You did I lump me into all women with that ridiculous post. Stop derailing the thread

Attached: D23B4A77-2B10-4D92-9F58-A00C1125B8EF.jpg (492x700, 50K)

Face reality, cunt.

t.incel

>By contrast
Get better data, user. Equating ejaculation to orgasm is an error, as is defining ejaculation as penetration or product of penetration.

>she’s seven years older than me
You’ve already gotten your age wrong once, and it’s been proven you habitually lie, why should I believe this?
>that ridiculous post
What are you talking about :3

Thats a nice post man/woman.

imagine replying to butterfly

>the smell of

i didnt even realise she was in this thread, i have her filtered out lol

How a woman can be "low-sexed" in this fucking society is a literal fairy tale.

To be fair I don't see how anyone can be low sexed in this society.

and now so do i

Legitimately why are they so OBSESSED with sex?

Post your address right now so I can come and kick your ass.

That guy said your mum sucked his dick and you just took it like a bitch, lol.

>they
Most everyone alive loves to think about sex.

Just lol at the butthurt femcels in this thread
Get a boyfriend

Climax as per Man is an affirmation of what Man truly is, the Self enjoying itself in its Self-identity and Self-sufficiency in positive serenity to the ignorance of all things. "Man shall not live by bread alone" etc. etc. becomes awfully literal, his climax is not so much "like food" in resonance or congruence, it is literally substance as such, of which food is merely an imitation. That the Phenomenal is Ontologically subordinate to Man, that it essentially is the Self, that Man knows anything and everything he receives is not only formally his in actuality, but IN AND OF HIS OWN in potentiality, that "Heaven" is not to the detriment of the world but to its APOTHEOSIS; this is all directly experienced by Man in climax.

I do not suppose that any woman has pretension thereto, and am happy leave it at that. BUT there is a curious metaphor that might explain what women actually experience. Suppose that Man is like color as light and women are like color as pigment.

>While the doctrine of Heraclitus, that all things are and are not, seems to make everything true, that of Anaxagoras, that there is an intermediate between the terms of a contradiction, seems to make everything false; for when things are mixed, the mixture is neither good nor not-good, so that one cannot say anything that is true. - Aristotle

Man knows himself a Monad, and in turn the world as Monads within Monads, whereby tumult between himself and the world actually settles and enlightens both through superposition. Whereas women perceive themselves and the world Mereologically, whereby tumult further aggravates the murk between them. The latter having "multiple climaxes" simply because not one of them is satisfying, it is actually perpetual anticlimax.

Attached: his truth is marching on.jpg (480x360, 15K)

fuck off butterfly

Have sex Jesus Christ I hate you

why do people over 30 post on lit?
i don't think you're all losers i'm just curious

Attached: bait.jpg (960x508, 130K)

fuck off trip bitch
I wish the mods and jannies were actually good and would ban tripfags such as yourself
If you were an user instead of an attentionwhoring tripwhore you wouldn't get any replies and i'm sure you know that

based

"""""TRYING TO HELP""""""
he's already offered a different explanation for that. You're poking bottom of the barrel men to give your ego a jolt. Because even anonymously, men (especially sad lonely Yea Forums users) will pay you an inordinate amount of attention, simply because they are aware you are a woman.

You're just as pathetic. Its lucky for you women are the favored sex.

Based and Redpilled. Women are like exotic pets, nice to have around but you shouldn't expect much from them.

brrrrrrrrappho

if you stereotype women as emotional, sappho is a lot more emotional than other lyric poets. her fabled life story as well is turbulent and romantic (throwing herself into the sea out of unrequited love)

>You're poking bottom of the barrel men to give your ego a jolt.
No.
/r9k/ invaded MY space, not the other way around

It happens

>/r9k/ invaded MY space, not the other way around
>muh internet forum culture wars
8/pol/ mentality from a schizophrenic tripfag, what a shock
go back to /r/s4s you jagoff