Whats the best kindle/ereader under $50? I need something mobile and reliable. Also preferred it be on amazon, ty

Whats the best kindle/ereader under $50? I need something mobile and reliable. Also preferred it be on amazon, ty.

Attached: pr_kindle3_large_wide.jpg (680x421, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Certified-Refurbished-Kindle-reader-Touchscreen/dp/B0186FFTH4/ref=sr_1_7?k
ebay.com/itm/Amazon-6-Kindle-4th-Generation-2GB-Wi-Fi-Graphite-Model-D01100/153433501750?epid=110808283&hash=item23b9597036:g:3eYAAOSwGoJcnpmD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I literally just bought a kindle 4 a couple days ago for $20 on ebay. 2wk battery and 4gb of storage

every kindle on amazon is $50+

amazon.com/Certified-Refurbished-Kindle-reader-Touchscreen/dp/B0186FFTH4/ref=sr_1_7?k

found this one, still expensive

Bump but also, if this is the one you found
--->ebay.com/itm/Amazon-6-Kindle-4th-Generation-2GB-Wi-Fi-Graphite-Model-D01100/153433501750?epid=110808283&hash=item23b9597036:g:3eYAAOSwGoJcnpmD

than I might buy it too the only question is if it has glare or anything, I want to jail break it too for epubs

find a second hand one on ebay

There's nothing worth using under $50. Even under $100, really.
Ereaders are expensive for some reason.

i disagree i think their overpriced to shit

I'm just stating the facts. If you can make a $50 reader go ahead, I'll buy it.

>I want to jail break it too for epubs
you have to jail break for epubs? what's the native file type it uses?

Amazon uses .mobi

What about the new basic Kindle? $90 for the ad-supporter version.

No. Low PPI display.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it to bits. Use it almost everyday. Though it costs well over 50 USD lol

Just make sure whatever you buy that it's got illumination/light integrated. So you can actually read with no external lightning needed on airplanes, at night sitting at bed or wherever is dark really. The older Kindle models don't have it so be cautious.

Forgot: also look for at least 300ppi so the screen looks as close to as paper as possible.

Is it that important if I'm gonna read only books, no manga or comics?

anyone can vouch this edition for me

you don't need to jailbreak anything, calibre converts from epub to mobi without issues

Is it almost a flawless conversion most of the time?

Get a paperwhite.
>Just make sure whatever you buy that it's got illumination/light integrated.

Basically this. I have a basic model kindle, without backlight. The screen is comfy but it's basically useless at night. Might get a paperwhite soon.

Also lads, remember: libgen and Calibre are your best friends.

The new Kindle has backlight, is the PPI difference a big factor? I don't wanna spend much on something I might not use a lot, but at the same time I don't wanna go cheap and but something that doesn't work.

I have had problems when images are involved, other times it works just fine, not sure why

i have kindle 4 from 2k12 it was 50 new

Doesn't reading on a screen fuck your eyes?
Also i think Kindles are to books what the 3D was to television; it quickly died and nobody remembers it

1950s 3D or 3D from a few years ago?

3D from a few. I don't see cinemas offering it anymore, nobody used the 3D in the 3ds and they stopped selling 3d TVs
This is the same stupid gimmick.
Probably in 200 years technology would allow us to carry every book on a chip inside our heads, but during our lifetime books aren't going anywhere so enjoy them, enjoy the superior feeling knowing that your successors will not be able to sniff books, enjoy the magnificent feeling of breaking the spine and burning a book if you totally disagree about what it's written

>Doesn't reading on a screen fuck your eyes?
what is e-ink

Don't know pal, but I'm sure it emits radiations and fucks your body and.brain :^)

>[citation needed]

Sorry to hijack your thread but does anybody have any recommendations for an ereader specifically for reading PDFs?

I second this

>ebay.com/itm/Amazon-6-Kindle-4th-Generation-2GB-Wi-Fi-Graphite-Model-D01100/153433501750?epid=110808283&hash=item23b9597036:g:3eYAAOSwGoJcnpmD
Just snagged one of these about a week ago. No issues with it so far. Definitely no noticeable glare. The only thing is that the screen's brightness cannot be adjusted, so reading in the dark isn't really a possibility with this model.

to anyone who has a kindle, would you recommend a case?

KOBO > KINDLE

Just get the refurbished like i do 4 years ago
Or get it from eBay

8 or 32 gigs?

lol fuck no
>fucked formatting
>broken links
every time

this

Not that important. Get it.

The average size of a book is 1 mb. I have an old paperwhite with just 2gb and it's literally too much. Just get the 8gb.

>preferred it be on amazon
why the fuck

Because they all get their displays from the E Ink corporation.

Amazon Book store is nice

this

Everyone just shills the kindle because it's on amazon.

> Just use this 90s tier software to convert epub to mobi

Why not just buy a kobo for the same price that's nicer (my opinion) and supports epub?

I guess I'll buy a Paperwhite (2018), I'd prefer to buy the cheaper new basic model 'cause I doubt I'll use it a lot, but I think I'll read more manga than regular books, so I guess the better resolution and PPI is worth the extra bucks.