Nintendo Cinematic Universe

If Nintendo announced the Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Sonic just evaporates.

hat can sega even do about it? All of their other IPs are dead.

If they made a CGI metroid, FZero, Kirby, Star Fox, Zelda and more mario movies and eventually make a smash bros movie, they just win via IP stomp.

Fuck, Nintendo/Illumination has the money to get the Megaman and Castlevania rights for movies too.

Attached: the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_2-5453715.jpg (1280x720, 83.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/nWqIj
youtube.com/watch?v=YiJa-H1Xyg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm sure there's plenty of room for both.

You need good writers and most writers are shit no matter where they come from. Anyone who tells me that One Piece has good writing is lying.

Nintendo has too many important and valuable IPs it legit might not even matter if they got good writting. Lets be honest.

If Paramount played their cards right,

And I mean absolutely, 100%, did NOT fuck up at ANY step, SEGA has enough IPs for a decent Cinematic U. It would take a small miracle and require total cooperation with SoJ, but it could happen.

Pic only potentially related

Attached: Cover10.jpg (910x1230, 350.05K)

Sonic has nothing to expand upon by itself.

Streets of Rage: Introduce Mr. X, a charming but sinister gangster with aspirations for more. Agent Stone provides him with the drones he uses and, after a couple movies, the robot he finally puts his brain in. (Stone is doing this to test out biological power sources in robots, following the doctor's manifesto).

NiGHTS Into Dreams: Tie in the Owl from JoD vaguely into Longclaw's tribe, he gave up his corporeal form to try and guide NiGHTS from petulent, petty rebel to hero. In the sequel, when NiGHTS gets trapped in the real world, GUN tries to contain him and capture Claris and Elliot as a result.

Shinobi: With Mr. X established as our phase one villain, tie his syndicate into Zeed.

There's a lot you can do if you get Alan Moore LoEG style trying to find connections, but this would require a LOT of freedom from SoJ. GUN as a geberal government force, both for good and for bad, could do a lot of heavy lifting.

But do you think anyone could make zelda into a movie that would not disappoint/outrage the fans?

My expectations for the Mario movie are pretty damn low, at best there might be some good meme material. Zelda would have to stray pretty far from the way the games present their story in order to fit into a movie, it would just end up being a typical fantasy hero movie with a familiar coat of paint unless they did something really left field like Majora's Mask. Metroid could work as a sci-fi thriller but I sincerely doubt they could resist the urge to give her a crew of backup dancers and turn it into an homage to Other M. Sonic at least can just steal ideas from Sonic X and that setting melds nicely with the live action hybrid style their going with.

With how much Nintendo has been dropping the ball this past decade, they would probably jump straight to a Smash Bros movie after only the Mario movie.

You have no idea how much Virtua Fighter and Eternal Champions can work as connective tissue.

I like to think that HAL has been secretly working on a Kirby movie for 20 years, then it comes out and it wins like 5 Oscars because HAL outright cancels Kirby games unless they are good so at that point they probably made like 10 movies before setting on the best possible one. And it understandably mogs everything in sight.

You are expecting their Mario movie to actually be good, which is the first step into branching into a cinematic universe. Based on what has been revealed about it so far, your optimism is delightful.

I do not, but I'd love to hear more.

Sorry, meant to reply to Please tell me more, I'm not well versed in Virtua Fighter lore.

Attached: 20220510_135511.jpg (1040x667, 304.66K)

You have characters that are very rich and travel through the world allowing them to show up in any movie, plus they can fight. And there's Dural who is a cyborg, she could be made out of Robotnik's and Zeed's syndicate techn. Plus there's a ninja allowing more connections with Shinobi.

>If Nintendo announced the Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Sonic just evaporates.
I don't trust Nintendo to even do Mario right

>Cinematic universe
All this shit needs to fuck off. I'm more than happy for these films to be separate so they can have different tones and styles. The last thing I want from a Streets of Rage movie is for it to be like Sonic

>Nintendo vs SEGA all over again

Attached: 1652251518745.png (480x480, 123.79K)

>All of their other IPs are dead.
They could make movies for Yakuza (seeing as how one already exists), or Persona.
Streets of Rage has already been announced as in the works.
Valkyria Chronicles would make for a good war movie, and if you played it right you could go into Skies of Arcadia from there.

TUBES AND BIRD PUBES

Nope all bad choices. They need the nostalgia factor. Altered Beast, Shinobi, Ecco and Golden Axe is what they should make. Streets of Rage was the best choice to adapt next

did someone mention TUUUUUUBES ?
imgur.com/a/nWqIj

Attached: 1562997965265.png (935x960, 1.18M)

Of the games I listed, the most recent one is Valkyria Chronicles and even that is still 12 years old. Not to mention the fact that of the titles I listed, most of them already have either a movie or an anime series so they've proven they can jump to a different storytelling medium. Nostalgia isn't all there is.

>Jet Set Radio movie never
Make it a heist film, but with a time limit. All the gangs in tokyo-to (ggs, poison jam, love shockers, noise tanks) are after the golden record, having to try to steal it as it travels to the Golden Rhino hq. The unlockable characters could be side characters in random scenes, or even reworked into leaders of the other gangs (that slowly become friends). Combo and Cube could be cut but I'd like for them to be worked into the plot somehow

Attached: IMG_20200103_133930.jpg (680x680, 121.52K)

Altered Beast, even if you go for a comedic take it would be great.

Sonic and pals go to Japan where they run afoul of the local crime syndicates. They get some help from a kindly man who runs an orphanage.

Nintendo doesn't have any interesting characters or stories.

also there's a guy looking for a sailor who works part-time handling a forklift. He plans to go to Asia no matter how long it takes.

>Anyone who tells me that One Piece has good writing is lying.
Wan Piss has good concepts but poor execution.

None of these franchises have the plot/character strength necessary to translate into good movies. That's not to say you couldn't pull it off with the right talent attached, but it's far from a sure thing.

Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda are the only franchises with the name recognition to make a profit on cultural relevance alone. The film market at large doesn't give one single fuck about F-zero or Star Fox. Animal Crossing is really popular now, but hard to turn into a film.

These franchises also don't lend themselves well to crossovers. The MCU is successful because the original comics were all written as a single universe. They've been crossing over for years. It's not that hard to write a movie where Spider-Man and Doctor Strange team up to fight a bad guy. What does a Zelda/Metroid crossover even look like?

pokemon definitely can work in movie format since even the games themselves are more about the world than the characters
so you can have an entirely original pokemon MC in the movie

LoZ also could work reasonably well in movie format, you can expand more on the characters in the movie after all, and Link hasn't been just a generic audience standin for a long time

but you are absolutely correct in that a cinematic universe would be an incredibly poor idea

The great irony is that the franchise Nintendo has that'd work best as a film is Metroid and they fucking hate Metroid.

They don't hate Metroid, they just don't know what to make of it. Metroid sells horribly in Japan so they made Other M to solve that and they failed.

The issue with Pokémon is that it's basically up to The Pokémon Company to handle it and they are fucktarded.

>still the most profitable IP on the planet to this days
>OMG SO LE RETARD I SHOULD BE IN LE CHARGE OK

I hope they don't make a metroid movie, the series has been beaten enough with garbage plots. A stretched out story covering the first game would suck

>Complete creative control over what to make as a movie
>Detective Pikachu
you Pokéfags are almost as deluded as the guys that buy FIFA every year judging by your butthurt response

I can't see Paramount signing off on anything above PG 13 for a Sega CU.

What do you care? What stake in this do you have? You are not Nintendos friend, their success has no impact on your life, why do you choose to simp for them like this?

With the exception of Yakuza most of those can work as PG-13.

>perfectly good thing exists on it own terms
>HEY GUYS WHAT IF MOVIE THOUGH
Stop sucking Hollywood's dick. We don't need movie adaptations, especially considering that film is one of the most restrictive mediums ever. Video games are capable of so much more that movies are not, but there's nothing a movie can that a video game can't replicate. Stop acting like film is the end all be all of storytelling.

Attached: 1408943878907.png (638x826, 993.42K)

>Combo and Cube could be cut but I'd like for them to be worked into the plot somehow
How about they work for Professor K as reporters? He sends them out to get the word at the scene while he mans the station (and so we have some variety in narrators instead of just him)

Attached: tumblr_pngkerExBR1rierq9o1_1280.jpg (1080x1080, 203.59K)

>Stop acting like film is the end all be all of storytelling.
In order to make that happen you gotta kill the English obsession with realism and that ain’t happening anytime soon

>If Nintendo announced the Nintendo Cinematic Universe
Then I’d never pay to see any movie involving them. Me too cinematic universing to make franchises out of a package of c/d-list plots is cringe even without the context of it working like comics. It’s a soulless attempt to develop people devoted to a brand and there’s no guarantee supporting this gets us any Nintendo equivalent of Thanos at the end. Master Hand is not a character that needs Hollywood’s interpretation.

The manga has been pretty good, just animate one of those

I'm confused why you're dragging up dead console wars. Sega and Nintendo aren't even competitors anymore, they're frequent collaborators.

Outside of Pokemon, no Nintendo IP can really work as film. Sega has this on lockdown because they're not afraid to have attitude, Streets of Rage will be hammy action kino.

>SEGASEGASEGASEGASEHASEGASEGASEGASEGASEGA

They need a good Mario movie first and we all know that won't happen, and I dread any possibility of a Zelda or Metroid movie

Attached: mario movie leak.png (1055x1586, 1.5M)

>wanting pozzed Hollywood anywhere near nip ips
burn in HELL

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 211.41K)

Funny how we were close to an animated Super Smash Bros. All we needed was a Metroid cartoon and a Starfox cartoon.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1080x720, 181.28K)

Then they made Dread and it set the all-time sales record for the whole series, even if most of that came from the hype of waiting so long to see what the story would do after Fusion.

>metroid, FZero, Kirby, Star Fox,
These series can't even have consistent releases that are at least generally well-received. Kirby maybe because there isn't much to the formula for Kirby games, but the other 3 haven't had a good game in a long time.
Zelda/Pokemon/Mario are the only real options for Nintendo to make a Cinematic Universe. Problem is they're following DC's attempts to compete with Marvel.

Detective Pikachu was a good start but can't be considered for a broader crossover universe with the others because the upcoming Mario film is completely CGI while the former was a blend of CGI and live-action. A Legend of Zelda movie seems like a good idea but I doubt they'd be able to execute it well enough. Wanting a Super Smash Brothers movie has to be the worst thing you could ask for, you might as well just admit you want to see countless franchises driven into the ground simultaneously.

Even making a cinematic universe of just Nintendo IPs (because using the Smash Bros name invites relentless demands that 3rd-party characters be included like in the game series) would be too difficult to accomplish since so many IPs have a tone that would clash with the others. How would franchises like LoZ or Metroid with their proportionate body sizes be able to realistically interact with Mario and all the cutesy designs? Then you suggest they could get Castlevania to be incorporated. So now we're going to have fucking Dracula in the same movie as Jigglypuff.

tl;dr stop asking for things you think you want, you don't understand the repercussions.

Attached: 1590517965119.gif (598x450, 32.71K)

>Nintendo vs Sega in 2022
How old are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=YiJa-H1Xyg4

As if they wouldn't simply just fit sonic into the nintendo cinematic universe somehow.
There would be a fuckton of people asking for Mario Vs Sonic.

One Piece has very good writing in patches, but you can't expect consistent good writing in something that long.

I wonder if Decap Attack ended up being the thing that sunk StC. It was fine, but I did prefer some of the other, older stories they had, like the fantasy one where the evil cult had unearthed modern firearms and a nuke.

>SEGA has enough IPs for a decent Cinematic U
>Steets of Rage
>Nights
>Shinobi
lol no.
They have IPs sure, but none that will actually make enough to justify that.

The only three that could potentially be made into films are Yakuza, Persona, and Total War, and fuck no, I don't trust Burgerland to do any of those justice, maybe if they could get a good animated studio for a Puyo Puyo movie, but I fucking doubt it, espeically with Nintendo in bed with Universal.

This. As it stands right now, we shouldn't want this kind of garbage anyway. You think they're going to show even half of the IPs here any kind of respect? The fact Sonic wasn't a complete dumpster fire is nothing less than a miracle, and even then it's not anything more than "okay"

I'd personally love more adapations, but bigger isn't always better. If anything I'd be fine with more televison series, shorts, or hell even just some official comics/manga.

Attached: 1647526275124.png (467x468, 12.27K)

Decap Attack is in a wierd spot of being one of those games in the 90s when the west tried to disguise a blatantly Japanese games as something it isn't, albeit being one of the better examples.

That said, it's probably in some legal limbo with said Japanese game being a liscenced in of itself.

Id make a bus full of children explode for a Ristar movie.