I really (really) want to read and UNDERSTAND picrelated. What should I do?

I really (really) want to read and UNDERSTAND picrelated. What should I do?

Attached: 71OsS+ePZFL.jpg (1400x2132, 238K)

probably read essays or watch youtube videos of lectures on whitehead or this book in specific

why the fuck would you want to read this worthless shit

why woudnt you

try this

Attached: 51RoqE1wgwL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (332x499, 29K)

how is it worthless

there are barely any videos on him. all the videos are made by new agey types.

Take notes and read it multiple times. This works for most things. Also read what he was influenced by, and considering its Whitehead you should probably know some logic beforehand. Other than that I really don't know

Bump

is whitehead himself not new agey

no

>Analytic
>New agey

Is that even possible?

Liar. You’re the guy who has read him already and have taken it upon yourself to spam him till he’s a meme.

he's not an analytic he left those autists behind and carved his own path.

Read the book dipshit. It's straight forward. Of course you won't get much out of it if you aren't learned in philosophy, but if that's the case you gotta start somewhere.
Use Google scholar to search for citations and secondary literature. You need to have a listen to what other people are thinking. Of course Whitehead isn't very exciting, you won't find an abundance of interesting Whitehead scholarship like you could with other, more relevant philosophers.

Started reading it a few days ago, it's pretty good

It's also good for people who actually care about ideas like "Hegel: More World Building With Slightly Better Tools"

Is it worth becoming conversant in philosophy just to know what's in the book? If you're on this board then the answer is still fucking yes

But yeah, OP I don't know how to help you

>Care about ideas like "Hegel: More World Building With Slightly Better Tools"
Then why aren't you reading Peirce? Is it because his "tools" are too superior? What do you have against good tools?

Where do I start and also fuck you for adding another book to the list of things that are Vitally Important Right Now

bump

bump

Love you girardfag

gl user

Attached: zen copy.jpg (1300x650, 88K)

That book might be Trap for OP's want. Title of book implies it; it is "Thinking with whitehead" and not "Thinking of whitehead".