How would you tax a superhuman?

How would you tax a superhuman?

Attached: Taxman.jpg (360x335, 109.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fLtSShSH7UM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same as everyone else. Keep him in the dark so he's powerless to stop you.

>you owe the government a fortune in taxes
How does he figure? What taxable income is Superman collecting? What assets is he selling?

If baby Superman landed in Britain would he still have to pay for the NHS? That seems pretty unfair since he would never need it and he'd be reducing casualties too.

He'd end up in Kryptonite prison for not paying his TV license.

I’d like this character to come back.

I'm pretty sure Clark would be happy to help support the NHS

better question: what would happen if superman got super-cancer? How would you even treat that?

Bump for this question.

so funny and fucking petty and douchebaggy of this guy to do that

Huh, well, I googled around for the answer to my question. I wish I could find the story as a whole, I imagined myself storytiming it, but here's the premise.

Attached: 1D8F66AD-256B-4CC2-B3E3-21A06007F203.jpg (576x249, 116.57K)

>superman collects reward money

Seems out of character

Here's the conversation.

Wait Supes is collecting reward money?

Again, with the actual image. Maybe.

Attached: E2BD6DBA-60DF-4A72-AF1C-F6FF56A8E36B.jpg (576x261, 138.42K)

Calling it now, the end if the story reveals Superman donates all his earnings, making it deductible.

What taxes would superman need to pay?He has no income he, and lives on the North Pole so he can't pay property tax?

What a fucking retarded IRA agent. If you give away literally every cent you earn you don't owe any tax. Also millionaires don't pay their fucking taxes

To be fair, this was before Reagan and his trickle down nonsense

NO. One of the articles talked about it- thereks a deduction limit! I don't understand how that jives with what we see in the real world today. Maybe it's only for corporations.

So, Superman fails to get the money together (he had to fight a space pterodactyl). But wait!

Attached: 54BA97A9-F6F0-4CB8-9349-B4E4AEF3FEFC.jpg (1536x558, 398.67K)

This is fucking hilarious, Luthor was right

Then how does he explain his huge mansion on the north pole?

AND THEN

Of course this is nonsense, because you had to be a child of the taxpayer to be claimed as a dependent. There are other ways today (elderly parent), but non apply to Supes.

Attached: DF1B3F69-A948-493F-867C-5D79B834E6AE.jpg (576x238, 108.37K)

Kents were dead in the pre crisis era

I like how both handshake happily at the end, it's just people doing their jobs, no hard feelings.

He'd get stabbed with Kryptonite safety scissors.

I'm pretty sure the bossman just didn't want to piss the guy that can punch you to the sun.

Blast him with super chemo

Uhhh, that was a gift.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that the north pole was US territory and someone could be taxed for owning land there

They paid back then.

how much money did supes make that he owes a billion bucks.

I want this character back.

>bureaucrat risks his life just so he can file some paperwork
That's actually some real dedication there, especially from a government employee.

So I finished reading an article, and there's an exemption today that says if you earn a reward and instantly donate it to a real charity, you incur no tax debt.

Honestly, I'm inclined to view this sequence as the tax guy cutting Superman a break (where I'm not inclined to view it as typical silver age paint huffing).

Ignoring the sane analysis from an article I just read, the taxman says that billion is 15 percent of what Superman made.

Not to mention everyone else filing taxes would have to be considered dependents themselves, which would screw up everyone else's tax filings.

A Billion dollars due in taxes? Could Supes conceivably be richer than Bruce if he kept all his earnings? Especially since I think Bruce is still characterized as a millionaire at this point.

>the taxman says that billion is 15 percent of what Superman made
Supes made 6.66 billion dollars. In the 40s or whatever.
I'm probably wrong but that feels like more money than would have even existed in the US economy at the time

youtu.be/fLtSShSH7UM

>Lex pulls some government strings and forces Superman to list all his dependents on his tax forms.

So this story is from Superman 148 and apparently they did the exact same plot (with different side characters) earlier in Superman 114

Attached: superman 148 feat Superman Owes a Billion Dollars.jpg (1000x1439, 994.83K)

People usually forget because it doesn't come up often, but super intelligence is one of supes powers.
He could totally fix the economy. At the very least he could lessen the impact of the more disastrous consequences.

He might be able to come up with solutions but actually getting those solutions implemented takes more than just a guy who can fly and has super strength
The market is highly resistant to change

Why doesn't Superman turn coal into diamonds and end world poverty?

not when you got a guy that can sneeze away planets.
Gas prices too high? He can find and drill new oil fields by himself, the sudden influx of new oil will drive down prices.
Food prices on the rise? He can harvest and transport all the food himself severing costs and allowing prices to go down.
These aren't perfect solutions but a dude with superpowers could totally affect the economy by himself.
If you turn all coal into diamonds, diamonds turn worthless and coal becomes a precious gemstone.

Attached: Pay Taxes.jpg (1055x1600, 845.88K)

He would complete his 12 labors and then seclude himself in the sun to fix it

>Using superspeed, Superman does it easily
>Lex buys the list from a corrupt IRS agent for profitable datamining
>It's going great until he finds his own name on it and detroys the list in a fit of rage.

SAVE ME SUPERMAN!

>Now that I have your attention, pay your goddamn taxes.

Senator Armstrong?

>IRA

>Lex ragequits seconds before the computer he has analyzing the list of dependents can report that there is only one name not on it: Clark Kent

This guy deserves his own short series where he tracks down various heroes and villains just to make them pay taxes.

What, no. This is a young, hip IRS agent on the make. You can tell by the receding hairline.

But fr this is what happened tonsuperman right now isn't it

>IRA

Attached: 37a.jpg (640x457, 61.56K)

>many millionaires give money to charity, too... yet THEY pay taxes!
LMAO
Is this what the average taxman believes?

>If you turn all coal into diamonds, diamonds turn worthless and coal becomes a precious gemstone.
That could be true if diamonds weren't already very common and hyperinflated due to market manipulation

Attached: 1420213987251.jpg (346x334, 46.55K)

Well, sure, but if Superman gives the diamonds to people who aren't part of the diamond cartel....
And what is DeBeers going to do? Shoot everyone Superman gives diamonds to in order to keep their monopoly?

Millionaires pay taxes, Billionaires don't.