Why are the X-Men irrelevant now?

Attached: 372172CE-03D1-409E-A2BA-62C8DC60756D.jpg (739x415, 44.78K)

X-men are irrelevant?

>xavier in strange has his yellow hover chair
>show continuing the 90s series in development
If you wanted an X-Men TAS thread, you should've started with Rouge ass.

Attached: 1369269893621.jpg (562x237, 24.55K)

Marvel fucked everything up

3 decades of bad comics and the cartoon/video game ban

When was the last time there was any hype around them?

The title is offensive.

Probably because the MCU changed Marvel to being super powered people lovers

Moviefags are the only people who think the X-Men are irrelevant.

Their comics only sell when they are first issues

Can't call people mutants anymore, they've become the majority

There was a sweet spot when the X Men had interesting spin offs like Exiles, early Deadpool etc, and their main books were fun adventures.
However
>Disney makes them second fiddle to Avengers
>shitty writers keep making dumb drama filled stories i.e. NO MORE MUTANTS, Jean mind raping Bobby, oh look it's the celebrity gala with fashion costumes
>real life racial extremism injected into their narratives
>X Men have become villains
Basically been downhill since 2005 or so.

I wish the live action movies weren’t so afraid of color and heart
Is it too much to ask for a movie where Wolverine actually wears the based yellow costume

>Mutants went from being a way for Lee and Kirby to avoid having to write superhero origins into a metaphor for 'oppressed' groups
>The fanbase and the writers don't want do anything else at all with the property, and get real mad at even the suggestion of doing something else
>The entertainment industry has changed a lot since Claremont's X-Men. If you are part of a minority group, you can get actual representation elsewhere, you don't need a metaphor anymore.
>If you're not part of a minority group X-Men has nothing to offer you unless you're an aging fan living on false hope they'll go back to the glory days of the 80s to 90s again
>The current era of the books is laser-focused it's appeal towards minority ethno-nationalists and people into orgies and polyamory, if you're not into either of those things you're going to hate it

This

>NO MORE MUTANTS, Jean mind raping Bobby,

Two of these are by Bendis
And I don't think enough people point out how Bendis damaged the X-Men

When he was writing X-Men his books went below 50,000 copies

Perlmutter sabotaged the FOX IPs, never imagining that Disney would buy the studio one day. This effectively meant that writers were allowed to run roughshod over the muties. After decades of such abuse, it is a wonder that anyone cares about them anymore.

lol fuck you, he may be a little irregular, but he is overall great

Bendis, we know it's you

Comic book characters are only relevant now by how popular their movies are thanks to the influx of things Marvel Studios. The last time the normies ever cared about an X-Men character was in 2017. If they don't get integrated into the MCU they'll probably become Fantastic Four tier and nobody will know who the fuck they are.

Attached: MVC2SM.gif (355x562, 25.36K)

got popular, corporate shat out as much trash as possible to cash in, sales declined, bring in big name for a boost and go back to milking and repeat for a few years until completely irrelevant and no one cares about the dead horse. with disney era, they began just throwing as many gay and alphabet people as possible on the books and none had any talent, just agendas and pushed that diversity garbage shit until the franchise is now literal nazis mutant supremacists trying to conquer the earth and wipe out humanity.

Considering the writing team it has and that they say it will tackle "modern problems" then I don't have much hope here.

Attached: isaac-perlmutter-disney-marvel (2).jpg (1000x563, 694.17K)

Literally just in the last capeshit movie

Attached: 1652103936554.jpg (1280x591, 78.13K)

Have you not watched the show? It tackled discrimination and hate all the time. There were internment camps for the mutants. Magneto held the UN hostage. It was always about that stuff. Now, will it be just as good as the original show? That's a whole other thing.

Considering how the writers seem to be going o about politics on their twitter accounts I highly doubt they would approach it in a tactful way.

What's a tactful way to approach it? I remember the lead up to the first X-Men movie in 2000, and they were going heavy on the racism and homophobia allegories.

I think in theory, the Avengers works because they're just heroes. They're not trying to solve complex social problems with muddled unclear solutions.

They are probably more relevant now than they were in the last decade.

I loved all of the X-Men cartoons but my experience with the comics has been horrible. The comics x-men are a bunch of unlikable assholes who are always fighting amongst themselves. The only x-men comic runs I remember enjoying were Rick Remender and Joss Whedon's runs and that was entirely because of the fact that those runs felt like a bunch of episodes from a TV show.

That's really all I want the X-Men going on missions against cool baddies.

Attached: 1627507019036.png (256x256, 59.38K)

Sorry user, all the "cool baddies" are the X-Men's allies now, because mutant solidarity. The only enemies they fight now are humans and their robots. And actual superheroes like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers.

>tried to kill the X-men for his pet project Inhumans movie
>the move failed and no one liked it
>Feige cockblocks the Inhumans from getting a movie
>Ike settles for a tv show
>because Ike is such a old jew the show gets a shoestring budget
>it looks like shit, no one likes it and the Inhumans are quickly forgotten
>meanwhile Didney secures the X-men and F4 rights
>Ike self sabotage of the X-men brand was for nothing
>Feige gets to dig his hands first in the X-men jar
>in the same process reintroduces the Inhumans to the MCU but this time with good costumes
>he literally gets to have his cake and eat it
>Meanwhile Perlmutters entire being has been locked out of the commitee for the MCU
seriously imagine being Perlmutter

I what this X-men.

Attached: Jubile.gif (2064x1600, 1.45M)

ESL spammer is at it again

Not gay enough for this gay earth

It will be woke. Scott and Logan will be in a gay throuple with Jean.

Part of it is that the X-Men as a group have been secondary to Wolverine as a solo act for almost 30 years now.

Why does perlmutter love inhumans? Was he a big kirby fan?

I'm English first language not English Second Language get it through your head. And how do you call this spamming?

Should have known Jubilee would turn traitor after she showed up with that ugly side cut.

Morrison's new x man is the last time the franchise was decent. That was 20 years ago. I think a New X-men show adapting morrison's run could fo really well in this day and age. If they adapt Hickman Krakoa emotionless plant clone hive mind xmen, it will be shit

They were controlled by FOX, until just recently. Hickman tried to make the comics popular again. Disney is making a nostalgiabait version of the 90s TAS soon, but I fear that it will be "in name only".

He lives cheap things user. Inhumans are cheap

How dare you call the Inhumans cheap.

Attached: 1610217872851.jpg (1067x800, 763.82K)

>both are whores who cucked their husbands

Medusa and Black Bolt what officially split and Crystal what's being mind raped by her sister's husband brother.

Yeah, and that's exactly why when they specify "modern problems", we're talking about a whole other level.

They didn't have the X-men rights at the time and Ike wanted to deprive Fox of any sheckles they could be making by pushing the Inhumans to compete with the X-men. As the other user said, none of it mattered anyway since Disney obtained Fox.

It's not like their orgy island story is fucking going anywhere

>ywn be in an island orgy with wild mutant thots

Trannies are ex men

>Why are the X-Men irrelevant now?
Because allegories don't work when they're poorly conceived, and there's plenty minority representation and characters that there doesn't need to be one. Seriously, the only thing they have left is just being another superhero team that have being born with fucked up genes in common, and as generic as that sounds, I'll take it over whatever the fuck they've been doing in the comics for the past few decades.

Also what said. They turned Magneto and Apocalypse into allies, with the double whammy of making them villains by association, and having no actual bad guys left to fight. No, generic "angry mutie-hating organization no. 6" isn't a compelling enough villain to make your grievances valid, hell, it's gotten nowadays so bad that these groups have a point about their fear of mutants.

If Ike was in charge Inhumans would be in the X Men's level of success

There's pretty regular waves around the current storylines

Just re read the Clairemont stuff over and over and over again

Even worse is that writers have started branching out the mutant-hating organizations to other targets, which means the X-Men will start looking like assholes for only caring when they attack mutants.

Dafuq? theyre growing in relevance, they were only irrelevant from about 2012 to 2017 because of disney embargo bullshit

now that the mouse is pleased and the fox caught, the x-men are free, hence why there are x-men skins in fortnite and xavier in doctor strange 2

or the shit hapening in Krakoa

ike got his just desserts

Attached: joker deserve.gif (220x165, 164.74K)

No this OP is just a faggot once again. Animated capeshit will never get more kino than 90's X-Men and therefore they will always be relevant.

YOU WILL GET YOUR 6 FOOT 3 WOLVERINE WEARING BLACK LEATHER AND LIKE IT user

>I'm English first language not English Second Language
No you're not, a native English speaker would say, "English is my first language, not my second".

*Fox