Was Wittgenstein secretly a mystic?

Was Wittgenstein secretly a mystic?
Russell critiqued TLP as mystic(and not even proper response at PI), and he in fact was naive, but he means something. there is in some places very mystic about his theory.

Attached: 1556230070568.png (1080x470, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BA-A1lOG0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_in_Brief#Influence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>secretly
He reads like the Philocalia.

??
I'm not from english based country so get my retardation but what does that mean
you thought TLP is similar to Philocalia?
or wittgenstein likes philocalia just like sex and character?

Mystic? More like spastic.

TLP reads as (that is covers much the same ground as) the Phylokalia

Attached: IMG_7692.jpg (333x499, 21K)

???
yeah this feels wrong
firstly, I only read 1/5 of phylokalia but seriously no connection whatsoever. I didn't feel anything as TLP.
secondly, phylokalia is not an actual book, it is the bundle of monks speaks about their theology about god. monks next to another monks and writing is vastly changed, the meaning vastly changed by monks, ontheotherhand wittgenstein only changed like once
Thirdly, Phylokalia lacks logical (writing style) aspect. wittgenstein has ton of logical aspect. I cannot finger on any theologian who has writing style of logical-flowing, except William of Ockham.

He was in a way. Do you happen to speak German? If so, I can refer you to a brief book about the Tractatus that explores your question in some depth.

He had a deep appreciation for subjective experience and the arts. Not a mystic by any stretch, but a hard nosed realist about the complexity of writing about 'the world' and an autist/mild obscurantist when it came to putting forth about his ideas.

PI is extremely childish in places.

Not german, korean sorry
Is it true? In order to do philosophy you necessarily need to learn german?

Yeah I agree with that. In the part he mentioned fly

No, not at all. English is sufficient. It's just that this one particular book happens to answer your question but hasn't been translated.

Do you have examples for 'childish' passages? I can think of a few sentences myself that display an autistic and, now that you've said it, I think chilidish sense of humor, but I'm curious to know what you have in mind.

Those passages on solipsism and death are pretty wild

this video greatly sums up his thoughts about the mystic and religion:
youtube.com/watch?v=2BA-A1lOG0E

Wittgenstein was a negative theologist, that of which we cannot speak is the eternal Tao

I HATE Daoist-Wittgensteinianer
neither deserve to be considered philosophical.

>neither deserve to be considered philosophical
That's kind of the whole point, dumbass.

One would hope they too would understand.
They don't though!

This is what I got out of Wittgenstein

Attached: Subahibi cover.png (500x775, 264K)

TLP proposes a solipsism

elaborate?

His writing style in TLP likely comes from The Gospel in Brief by Leo Tolstoy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_in_Brief#Influence

Bump, are you still there?

It wasn't a secret. In his letter to Russell he says he wrote Tractatus as a logical treatise inspired by mysticism; he says throughout the booking he is showing us the mystical etc. Actually try and read it before 'discovering' esoteric meanings.