Misogynisitic culture

>misogynisitic culture
>marriage proposal literally involves the woman being given a collar
>it even looks like a dog tag
Was this a deliberate piece of worldbuilding, or just a weird coincidence?

Attached: Katara.jpg (2000x1000, 164.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

straightdope.com/21343201/do-eskimo-men-lend-their-wives-to-strangers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hoes mad (x8)

Chokers are not necessarily submissive. Dominatrixes wear chokers, even those with buckles on. I don't entirely get it but I think this is their way of saying "I'm so wild and dangerous I need this collar to hold myself back, can you handle me?"

Dunno, any history user that can link the Water Tribe culture to real life culture? We know it's Eskimo, but more specifics would be appreciated.

>jewelry bad because.... it looks like pet collars
That's you. Most cultures involve jewelry as a means to propose marriage when instigated by the man. Only good point you made was the dumb practice of isolating women to healing practices and denying them martial practices.

most of the cultural references in Avatar are pretty general and a mix of different inspirations, so all we can really say is that it's Inuit-Yupik cultures.

It's hot

>>misogynisitic culture
the South and the North tribes have different cultures the South doesn't have a gender cast system, they have a more rustic way of life.

Also, giving a collar is no different than giving a ring.

Dog? What's a dog? Don't you mean Polar bear dog?

It's like a wolf.

I just want to nibble on Katara, such a cutie

true enough, Katara had no idea what it represented when she inherited the choker

That's not what a dog collar actually looks like, OP. Also this

It's hinting that they secretly want to be dominated but they're not going to go down easily.

Feisty, the perfect kind of woman

Some girls are into that sort of thing

Attached: 1536900740156.png (1139x1079, 469.62K)

there's definitely a resemblance

Attached: yue's choker.png (333x250, 93.6K)

I can't decide which is better, giving Korra the collar, her giving the collar to me, or both

Hinting to whom? A sub who paid to get dominated?

That doesn't mean much if dogs don't have similar collars in their universe. Naga is the only dog I can think of in the avatar series and she uses a harness.

Attached: 1637334719585.jpg (1092x1028, 85.87K)

The closest real life equivalent to the South Water Tribe are the Tehuelche people

Attached: 0.jpg (1280x720, 108.06K)

Yes. The endpoint of all femdom shit is for the male to break his chains and fuck the woman.

You don't have to project your fetishes onto everything, you know.

>misogynisitic
It wasn't misogynistic, it was sexist.

the most unbelievable thing about the water tribe was that they have two soeities on opposite ends of the poles, but still retained enough contact with each other to regularly adopt the cultures of each other

Or similar environments resulted in the development of similar cultures

>marriage proposal literally involves the woman being given a collar

Okay. why you'd had to remind me that based scene?

Also, I think that the writers know exactly what they were doing.

Attached: 1631273340425.webm (720x480, 2.96M)

Retard

Attached: 1633809224586.webm (720x480, 2.8M)

Attached: 1631274471826.webm (720x480, 407.76K)

they do'nt have the exact same culture, though. South are closer to an hunter society, while North have a more sedentary way of life. I suspect the south is actually a settlement from the North tribe. I also guess Air Nomads maintained some level of communication between the two. communication. There are also the hillbillies water tribe.

The ball's in your court, cunt. Explain how I'm wrong or kill yourself.

Eskimos share their wives with strangers, it's considered polite like offering someone a meal to them.

source on that?

It's subconscious on the doms part. all women are ultimately submissive.

You sound very secure

Just google"inuit share their wives"

so what, in your mind Katara was so attached to her mother's choker cause of a subconscious desire to be dominated?

straightdope.com/21343201/do-eskimo-men-lend-their-wives-to-strangers

Katara most definitely seeked to be dominated

would Aang respect Katara's culture enough to also follow that custom once they're married?

SeeSouth Tribes aren't exactly Inuits.

Yep, Aang is very respectful of other cultures. He definitely shared katara with fire lord zuzu.

See

See .

are we sure, she doesn't have the best reaction to being told what to do

Attached: 34515.png (1511x1161, 1.57M)

Somebody else connected Katara's choker to dominatrixes. I was just responding to them. Also, everything is about sex except sex itself blah blah blah, etc etc

what about this happy couple makes you think they were anything but 100% faithful to each other?

Attached: happy family.png (249x301, 92.12K)

Aang liked to watch.

>misogynisitic culture
Sick of you crackers so much, just because they aren't retarded and RIGHTFULLY keep men and women separate to occupy the proper careers for each you mayo monkeys cry sexism. Fucking die.

>mayo monkeys
Really, nigga?

The real question is that if the water tribe were so good at keeping their women under control, how do you explain Korra?

shit writing

Isn't Korra from the southern tribe? Most of this is Northen culture.

If you want to wear a piece of metal around your finger in a frozen land be my guest.

they could very easily have had it be a necklace that doesn't look so much like a dog collar though

her dad came from the north though, so she would have been raised with more northern values you'd think

>130538930
>aparent happy marriage couple
>two of their kids never engaged due to being afraid of commiting the same mistakes
>those two kids resemble a lot more their mother's brother than the "father" himself

Attached: 93d002abf628021a56a8b4619c1f9cb6d64f911a.jpg (612x411, 105.05K)

>those two kids resemble a lot more their mother's brother than the "father" himself
people looking like their blood relatives isn't unusual

she's just being tsun

It was to signal her fate as Zuko's rapedoll.

Attached: Fire Slaves.jpg (800x721, 90.51K)