Are there any books that explain how a modern capitalist society can survive without slaves?

are there any books that explain how a modern capitalist society can survive without slaves?

Attached: chinese-worker-at-iphone-factory-commits-suicide-by-jumping-off-building-519270-2.jpg (3500x2333, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery
amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Thomas-Sowell/dp/0465060730/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=common sense economics&qid=1556991127&s=gateway&sr=8-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Slavery is illegal in most civilized countries

hardly any countries are 'civilised'
where do you think your clothes are made

Wage workers in 'developing' countries are not slaves. Their life might actually be better if they were as their employers would have a vested interest in their well being.

>Wage workers in 'developing' countries are not slaves
not on paper at least

looks like some cringy quotes you read on shitty tumblr pages

wrong thread sorry

The Chinese here are exchanging their labor power for wages, using privately-owned means of production but as we all know slavery is when your boss is mean and stuff.

Nein. The only way to destroy capitalism is to let it take all the consumerists with it over the cliff. Have your hand extended so that you might catch one or two. Try to help those ones with your solution.

It's impossible. All wage labor is chattel slavery. You're forced to work for capitalists to buy your freedom, and by the time you can afford it, if you're lucky enough to do so, you're too old and frail to enjoy it.

>not a single book rec yet
if poor countries disappeared the west would collapse overnight

Why? This would imply that low-skill labor cannot turn a profit in Western countries when there's no reason to believe that this is true, prices would just increase.

>This would imply that low-skill labor cannot turn a profit in Western countries when there's no reason to believe that this is true
are there any examples where it can?

Anything involving a factory? You know we still have those in the West right, it's not just millions of people serving each other coffee.

If I got a good headstart I would easily be able to clear those nets. It's just too easy.

>Gooks don't even take the time to design proper suicide prevention.

Marx's Capital

Did you miss miss the point, you ucking retard? Yes. You did.
He said slavery is better because at least they have a vested interest in their wellbeing. They don't care if the wagie dies. A slave is a capital good and costs money to maintain and keep in good condition. Slavery is better because they have a roof over their heads, eat well and are cared for.

Absolute complete waste of a trip

>those suicide nets

Are those suicide prevention nets?

I think humanity has a basic need for slaves, or whatever iteration of the term is, because of the amount of undesirable work that exists to fund our culture (at any point in history).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery

"Wage slavery is a term used to draw an analogy between slavery and wage labor by focusing on similarities between owning and renting a person. It is usually used to refer to a situation where a person's livelihood depends on wages or a salary, especially when the dependence is total and immediate."

there will always be opportunities for capitalism to progress more.

Attached: 123123.png (662x471, 103K)

protip: if you work entirely to get your rent and living expenses paid for, you're a slave by any other name.
>y=you can choose your employer
when they're all essentially the same that's an illusion of choice
>w-we have rights
slaves had plenty of rights, could even own property and their own slaves if they found the capital for it
this. only way to win is not to play. Yea Forumserature is free to enjoy and create. they can put my ass in an office chair but my soul will always be elsewhere and audiobooks while "working" exist.

Basic Economics, by Thomas Sowell
amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Thomas-Sowell/dp/0465060730/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=common sense economics&qid=1556991127&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Which is completely ridiculous because they are free to return to subsistence farming if they want to.

Really? Is there some free land that the state doesn't own that I don't know about?

What happens if you land on one of the beams? Or you could just jump forward to clear the net altogether

>literally all land is the property of the state, and even if you "own" it you still need to pay rent, aka property tax

you are right. we do live in a society