Is this true

Is this true
How long would it take

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-04-10-34-25-1.png (540x144, 21K)

Pls don't learn our language thx

Why not

Why Norwegian is the easiest language for English speakers to learn

Why Norwegian is the easiest language for English speakers to learn

Is it true? Well, a ton of similar words and sentence structure is also very similar. If you take an english sentence and translate word for word it will come out looking alright, understandable. If you do the same with russian for example it just turns into an indecipherable mess.
However there are some weird rules and exceptions in the language, and some leftover grammatical cases that can be difficult to learn. I don't think it would be any easier or harder to learn than german.

Ah Marvin, I have tracked you down at last in this thread on Yea Forums. After you have stolen my boyfriend and impressed all of the fools on our Minecraft server with your facade of an IKEA town, causing them to neglect my awesome and godly works of gothic architecture which were filled with the power of God and the magic of creation, and caused me to leave said server, I have finally tracked you down to this Yea Forums thread. I know that you don't think of me much because we have never said much to each other, but I have been watching from the corners Marvin, I have watched you profane this sanctuary of God with your atheism and lack of reverence for the most beautiful things in this world. I have never cast a false or undeserving judgement on you, even in my mind I have prevented myself from thinking the ill thoughts I should so much want to have thought. But now you are here in my anonymous abode, and now I must ask you: How do you go on living like a robot? What possesses you to move and speak when there is clearly nothing in there, Marvin? Why have you persecuted me with your useless, selfish actions? How did you find the aesthetic judgments in that empty husk of yours to get Robert and Mine's exquisite gothic castles banned from the server under the pretense of being offensive to your sensibilities? What sensibilities could you POSSIBLY POSSESS, you friend STEALING ATHEIST??! Get the fuck off of this website. I never want to see you again, cretin.

I would have guessed Dutch.

Shouldn't it be Scots or Frisian

Mandarin is the only important language

Totally unnecessary unless if you're trying to either do business with native-speaking Norwegians, or if you're trying to start an absurdly puritanical tribute of a early-90's second-wave black metal band.

>Mandarin is the only important language
Not if we make a few bugzappers to keep them in their shitty country.

you misspelled Modern Standard Arabic wrong, you dolt.

Or if you want to read Hamsun in the original.

you learnt ours

Is it easy to learn Danish if you learned Norwegian?

WHAT
WHAT THE FUCK
nigga deg seriost

bahasa indonesian was easier than any of scandinavian

Very easy to learn to read if you can Norwegian. Speaking would be more difficult.

>Scots
>A language

>Scots (or "Lallans", a poetic spellins for lawlands) is a Wast Germanic leid o the Anglic varietie that's spaken on the Lawlands an Northren Isles o Scotland an en tha stewartrie o Ulster en Ireland (whaur it's kent as "Ulster-Scots", "Scotch", or "Ullans"). En maist airts, it's spaken anent tha Scots Gaelic an Inglis leids.
>Up til tha 15t yeirhunder Scottis (modren furm Scots) wis the name o "Gaelic", the Celtic leid o th' aunshint Scots. Thaim that bruikit Scots cried tha Gaelic Erse (meinin Irish). Tha Gaelic o Scotland is nou maistlì cried Scots Gaelic an is yit spaken bi sum en tha wastren Scots Hielands an ilands. Fer tha maist pairt, Scots cums fae tha Northumbrian kyn o Anglo-Saxon (Auld Inglis), tho wi a litil influenss fae th' Auld Norse bi waa o tha Vikings, tha Dutch an Laich Saxon throoch troke wi (an incummers fae) tha laich kintras, an tha Romance bi waa o kirk an legal Laitin, Anglo-Norman an syn Pairisian French cause o th' Auld Alliance.
>Anglian spikkers wer weil staiblisht in sooth-eist Scotland bi tha 7t yeirhunder. In tha 13t yeirhunder Norman launainers an thair reteiners, speakin Northumbrian Middil Inglis, were bade tae cum an sattil bi tha Keeng. Scots kyth'd fer tha first tym en wrutten form en tha mids o tha 14t yeirhunder an didnae differ mukkil fae ither northren Inglis byleids. Th' Anglian leid o Scotland gra an its ain sinsyn. Bi tha lat 15t yeirhunder tha sicht fowk haed o tha differs wi tha leid spaken faurder sooth cam til tha fore an Scots-spikkin Scots begoud tae crie thair leid "Scots". Scots haes lend-wirds fae tha fak thit tha Scots fowk haed contak wi Gaelic spikkers. Thair lend-wirds is fer ordinair anerlì fer geographical an cultural hings, sik as clan an loch. Lyk onì leivin leid, Scots haes chynged ae bittie ower tha yeirs, tho it haes arguablì stey'd naurer til its Anglo-Saxon springheid than Inglis. Monie Scots wirds hae becum pairt o the Inglis ava: flit, greed, eerie, cuddle, clan, stob.
>En Scotland's census o 2011, ae speir on Scots wis speired.

What a joke

yes, totally unnecessary

anything else?

I rather try mastering the top three romance languages.

Afrikaans is the easiest.

The following sentence means exactly the same in both English and Afrikaans, and really, this is all you ever need to know to say get anywhere in life worth going:

My penis is in my hand.

To be fair Swedish seems more like it

I've been learning Norwegian on Duolingo for the past 2 years. Though time isn't really that useful as a marker for your progress, what matters is how much effort you put into it. I do the bare minimum since I've gotten busy with school so I haven't learned as much as I would've liked. But yes it's very easy to learn.

>How long would it take
like a month or two
norwegian grammar, syntax is nice and simple
though most people will get stuck on vowel pronunciation and æ, o, and å

>learning a language that only a couple million of useless tards on some remote island speak
Might as well learn japanese then

Norwegians speak Arabic you pleb, the fuck are you on about?

You're confusing Norwegians with Swedes.

I think Frisian may be easier, but Norwegian has extremely similar grammar

French is also very similar.
I guess that Dutch might be the closest Germanic cousin to English. Just listening to Dutch people speak I can pick out a few words here and there. Dutch sounds like the someone speaking English in another room. Close, but not enough to understand what the person is saying.

The romance languages don't consider English a romance language due to being heavily Germanic, while the Germanic languages don't consider English a true Germanic language due to the heavy Romance influence. We're stuck in the middle between being a Germanic language and a Romance language.

Bollocks, it's Dutch or Afrikaans. Learning another European language is an enormous waste of your time though.

>literature board
>learning a language from the continent with the best writers and philosophers is a waste of time

>learning modern languages

Attached: 1555724963367.jpg (399x400, 47K)