Ask a Disney World Castmember

I've seen another fellow castmember make a few of these threads so I figured I'd take a crack at it

Previously worked:
>Magic Kingdom Custodial
>Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at Universal Studios
>Culinary at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
>Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

I'll happily answer any questions.

Attached: 11237455576_893860d82c_z.jpg (388x258, 153.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4fZZq3-bfDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Worst thing you had to clean?

Are you gay

Period blood. It's easy to get used to cleaning vomit, but you never get used to cleaning period blood

Nope. Dating a female castmember

Anything the mouse doesn't want us knowing about the Epcot kitchen?

Why do you groom children?

At least during the festivals when food is sold insanely fast, the prep kitchens are basically fucking sweat shops.

If they didn't need you in one of the kiosks outside, you would be backstage cleaning oysters in one spot for literally hours and hours and hours

I honest to god don't follow politics so I don't know what any of this is in reference to

What was the weirdest thing you have seen?

Are the mascot suits heavy?

Weirdest is kinda a broad term.

Favorite thing that comes to mind is a little girl thinking the handprints infront of the Chinese theater where gravestones and asking her mother "these are all the dead people, right?"
Got a hearty chuckle imagining Macaulay culkin's vertical grave being kept in Hollywood studios

Seriously question. What’s to stop a visitor or employee from bringing a gun and turning the happiest place on earth into the saddest?

Not that I am encouraging it. I am just always scared nowadays.

Is the security useful?

I've never worn one but from what I understand they are absolutely miserable. Every time I see somebody taking theirs off they are always drenched in sweat

why do you groom kids?

That’s cute.

Guest security is wildly efficient yet strong

I've never been able to get a power brick into the park without having my pockets checked

Do you get any health benefits?

Have any of you had sex in costume?

Yeah the WDW Union is insanely strong since it's such a big company. I get full health coverage along with free mental health checkups and therapy

Did you ever get to use any of the underground tunnels?

How many code whites have you cleaned up

Ever caught anyone fucking?

On a secondary note, are electrical boxes locked? What's to keep some hobo from coming in and shorting the rides?
Have you ever caught someone sneaking in? (or sneaking in something they weren't supposed to) how did you react?

Is it true that employees have to drag dying or injured people off the property so they can say no one died there? Or is that just a myth?

Do you get any employee discounts or such?

Another one that comes to mind was seeing an incredibly chubby short "nerd" With two beautiful women clinging to his arms and being all over him. Surreal.

Yeah, most people bring their costumes home so it's incredibly common to get rid of work and plow before changing out of your uniform.

None. On top of being insanely rare, that's something you would probably call a coordinator for help with

Definitely. They are easily the most efficient way around magic Kingdom. Epcot has them too but nothing like the ones in MK which are basically their own mini society

Not personally, but just know if you are getting a handy on an attraction, there IS a castmember watching. Never ever ever take your dinger out even if you think nobody could possibly see.

Electrical boxes are indeed locked and for matanance employees only.
Seeing people where they aren't supposed to be isn't common, but every single castmember is trained to make sure anybody back stage has their ID on desplay and if not, to have security discreetly called

Myth but with a suspicious amount of evidence proving it's real.
That being said, it is really not much more than a conspiracy. A dying person not being pronounced dead until they get to the hospital isn't exactly something that only happens in Florida, ya know?

For sure. Food discounts are heavily situational, but we get 20 percent off on all merch, and then between November and February we get 50 percent off merch, and a coupon book for up to 50 percent off sit down restaurants and a bunch of free park snacks

>Another one that comes to mind was seeing an incredibly chubby short "nerd" With two beautiful women clinging to his arms and being all over him
He either has a big penis, lots of money, or is a master hypnotist.

Whose your favorite Disney character? (Not including Marvel or Star Wars).

My first thought was that it was a kink/control thing for them. They were all over each other just as much as all over him

Donald is my favorite of the main cast but I also love Sorcerer Mickey

What’s your favorite ride or attraction?

>Culinary at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Were you there before or after Buzzy was stolen, and what sort of security precautions (if any) have been implemented because of the incident?

>Another one that comes to mind was seeing an incredibly chubby short "nerd" With two beautiful women clinging to his arms and being all over him. Surreal.
Money
>Yeah, most people bring their costumes home so it's incredibly common to get rid of work and plow before changing out of your uniform.
Ha. But seriously that's something that have just came to mind after that cleaning question, and considering Furries, and LARPers exists, why not?
>MK which are basically their own mini society
How?
>Never ever ever take your dinger out even if you think nobody could possibly see.
And what happened in that closed attraction in Epcot where someone stole an animatronic

Do Goths still go there? Wasn’t there a thing where Goths would make trips to Disney World?

>Flight of Passage
>Splash Mountain
>Tower of Terror
Top three in no particular order.

Honorable mentions go to
>Dinosaur
>Country Bear Jamboree
>Cosmic Rewind

It was in 2018 so it was a bit before.
I wouldnt know any specifics of what they do differently now, but I'm sure Disney's learned their lesson from letting coveted and historical animatronics sit around for anybody to potentially access

>and considering Furries, and LARPers exists, why not?
I should specify that princess costumes and character costumes most definitely don't come home with the wearer. I was referring more towards the casual castmember outfits.
I've heard more than a few stories about people fucking backstage in the princess uniforms or getting their dick sucked with the Mickey head on, but those are all college program wives tales

>How?
People assume the utilidoors (the tunnels) are all just pathways to get from one place to another, but it's far more than that
>Offices
>Fast food restaurants
>Hair salons
If you had a bed hidden away, you could realistically live in the tunnels comfortably for months. The place has like, four Subways.

>And what happened in that closed attraction in Epcot where someone stole an animatronic
Since the attraction was defunct, it didn't have eyes on it. If you are onstage though, even on a ride, security is looking at you from every angle

Are goths even a thing anymore?

any turning red shit?

I want to take a picture with Meilin/Red Panda Girl just like anyone else does!

When are they bringing back Ellen's Energy Adventure? Cosmic Rewind looks gay.

Attached: energy adventure.jpg (600x600, 45.57K)

Standard merchandise push and an AR photo opportunity, but no meet and greets unfortunately.
Such a shame too because the panda would have been a great introduction for Disney's new exoskeleton tech, but I don't think they anticipated the movie to actually be as successful as it was

If Ellen's Energy Adventure came out today, and replaced Cosmic Rewind in a hypothetical role reversal, people would have a fucking conniption fit

Attached: 24uhtlu4hi2jkn4wrf.jpg (900x600, 122.79K)

Got any spooky anecdotes? Thanks in advance

>but I don't think they anticipated the movie to actually be as successful as it was

wait what? it' MORE successful than they thought it would be? interesting?

The other Cast Member mentioned months ago that Tower of Terror is possibly losing the Twilight Zone IP. Do you know anything about that (or any other rethemes/updates that are currently just rumblings within the company)?

You seem not to like Epcot that much
>If you had a bed hidden away, you could realistically live in the tunnels comfortably for months. The place has like, four Subways.
And I was to ask if there were people working down there without even watch any sunlight. Obviously yes.

Are you the Nick Wilde/Jack Sparrow guy?

How does a stock holder get a hold of anybody at Disney?

How many people miss The Great Movie Ride and Disney's MGM Studios? Yes, I still call it that.

You ever been to Disneyland before?

I'm curious what you cast members think of the reservations for getting inside and lightning lane and genie plus and all the other stuff they have now. I think it just adds more and more layers of complexity for what used to be a chance to get away from the real world and just relax.

Well I wouldn't actually know, but since they cancelled it's theatrical run I think they were probably anticipating a flop

It's pretty common knowledge but without any concrete evidence or anything.
We know that they are making a ToT movie, and we know that the movie won't be using the Twilight Zone branding. The ride will almost certainly be rethemed to better fit the movies portrayal of the story, both for synergy and as an excuse to not have to pay Twilight Zone royalties

Actually I adore Epcot. It's probably the park I visit the most, but when you are a local Epcot eventually starts feeling less and less like a theme park and more and more like a shopping center or place to casually hang out and get a couple drinks. Not that that's a bad thing, the place is absolutely still gorgeous and my favorite place to bring non-locals

>And I was to ask if there were people working down there without even watch any sunlight. Obviously yes.
For sure. Especially the poor third shift people, matinence, or office workers. Luckily all of my roles have always been above ground

I am not

I have no idea lmao. Corporate phone lines I guess.

As for the Great Movie Ride, literally everybody. Any time I mention that I've worked Runaway Railway I always get a "oh man I used to love GMR"
It's sad to have such an iconic attraction go, but I've always been of the mindset that the beauty of Disney World is that things will always evolve even if that means letting go of the past. MMRR is a solid replacement and honestly fits the modern vision of the park much better

I had a trip planned for 2023 but we postponed it when we realized Toontown would be closed. Now it looks like we are probably going to do Paris instead.
To answer your question though, no not yet

how accurate is it? are the turkey legs actually emu?

Attached: Escape_From_Tomorrow_poster.jpg (265x375, 14.43K)

>Middle of the night, riding tower of terror after the park closed during a cast ridethrough.
>Been on the ride easily a dozen of times and thought I've seen every single possible show scene
>While we are dropping we come to a halt when one of the normal randomized show scenes happen (the tv smashing, the family in the hallway, etc)
>Instead it's a single ghostly figure standing in the bottom left of the elevator shaft not moving and making zero noise
>The scene didn't even look intentional, like instead of a decorated hallway it just looked like pipes and wiring as if we were looking into the backstage of the ride, plus the ghost

I, and literally everybody I was on the ride with that night, had never ever ever seen that scene before and it blew our fucking minds. Unforgettable moment.

It's going to vary from person to person but the common opinions are
>We understand the appeal of park reservations for Corporate Disney, but it fucks literally everybody over and at the BARE MINIMUM, top tier annual passholders should be able to bypass it
>Lightening lane is a necessary evil (this one's more of a debate. A lot of people I know blindly hate it on the basis that fast passes should be free, but I try to think more critically on the topic)
>Genie is actually really helpful and a brilliant idea, but it's convoluted to the point of absurdity and if castmembers and locals are still confused by it's setup, it's unreasonable to assume guests would EVER get it to work for their vacation.
Like you said, the layers of complexity is what kills me about it.
the way it SHOULD be is:
>Reservations are made as you buy your tickets, instead of a sepperate ordeal. If you are a verified local you don't need to worry about it
>Instead of Lightening Lane being a
ridiculous in-app system, just charge 15 dollars per person to use the classic Fast Pass ticket system where you needed to approach each individual ride, but integrate it into the magic band.

>Instead of Genie being a weird app within an app, just simplify it all around

I shouldnt have to tell you that none of this is accurate at all

Goddamn, delicious anecdote. Thanks for sharing.

>Well I wouldn't actually know, but since they cancelled it's theatrical run I think they were probably anticipating a flop

hmm... maybe. It's either they thought it would flop, or they wanted to have a streaming darling to shore up Disney+. Or a combination. No one thinks it was ACTUALLY because of COVID>

Disney doesn't do anything because of covid anymore. They are finally taking down those damn plexiglass walls that were all over the parks thank fuck

Is Walt really treated like near religion among the cast?

What would you do if you saw this happen?
youtube.com/watch?v=4fZZq3-bfDY

Absolutely. Especially during orientation and stuff

It's to the point of absurdity sometimes

Fights happen literally all the time. It's just a matter of if somebody takes a video and sends it to WDWNT and let's it become a big deal.
As cast we are told to never get physically involved. Deescalate the situation as much as possible and call security.
Imagine how much more coverage that video would have gotten if there was a castmember involved trying to pull the group apart or getting slugged. Not a good look and horrible for publicity

Are furries a nuisance?

Nah. Fur suits aren't allowed so the worst we need to encounter are stupid shit like ears and tails, which blend in with regular park goers so you really never notice them

Have you ever had a clash or spicy beef with a parkgoer?

Are you paid extra for procuring children for Disney execs, or is that an expected part of the job for cast members?

Also, do you get paid extra for being sexually violated by execs yourself, or is that also part of the job?

Where do they keep Uncle Walts cryogenically frozen head?

Yeah but usually only at Universal. Im better at biting my tongue working at Disney.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when a guest assumes that every employee has the answer to literally every problem, so when a guest started snapping at me because I didnt know where one of the settings were in the Universal Studios app, and instead could only direct her to guest relations literally 20 feet away, I got in a passive aggressiveness match with her and was implying she was an idiot in a roundabout way.

Disney Land on the west coast

Why aren't you gay?