What is considered a quality Classical education?

What is considered a quality Classical education?

Attached: 83686.jpg (3697x2414, 2.45M)

Greek, Latin, and Sanskrit (the Big Three™)
Plato, Aristotle
Homer
Nein Kampf
I'm probably forgetting a few

Mein Kampf? what'd they teach before the 40's?

if you mean the old classical curriculum it was Latin, Greek,(as in learn to read and write them, and go through all the major writers in the entire period from Homer up to like 1500), mathematics, and metaphysics.

Why isn’t art produced magnificent anymore?

Cuz shit is funny and like so anti-art man get with the times gramps hahah like wtf dude

I’m talking about shit like this, and wait oh oh oh oh, user I know, Capitalism right? All these Nigger loving Basquiat supporters will eat up anything

Attached: EBA5BD54-6EC1-46B1-88BA-0CD0C391316A.jpg (1116x1936, 1.01M)

Learning to read. Oh! and to count, too.

Fucking righties keep making these fucking memes man wtf haha. Like, art, dude, is about THE STORY not the craft, not the skill, not thee product, but the verbal marketing pamphlet the artists distributes with each new viewing of the same piece
Loosen up my man hahah wtf

Attached: 1556737647464.png (800x800, 401K)

deconstructionist movements in the art institutions. Now it's about the message not the merit

what are some of those writers?

How were the Roman emperors and aristocrats educated? Greeks?

the general public became more cultivated

Who. Who are some of those writers.

>Greek
Homer
Sophocles
Aeschylus
Aristophanes
Plato
Aristotle
Presocratics (Heraclitus, Anaximander, etc.)
Herodotus

>Latin
Virgil
Juvenal
Horace
Lucretius
Ovid
Terence

still getting bad about art made when your parents were born eh

Charter schools

thank you
thank you, kind sir

we aren't mean enough to gays anymore

You're such a fucking faggot user-kun holy shit.

Getting fucked in the ass x2 by your older greek teacher

This is one of the most beautiful paintings I’ve ever fucking seen, You can look at it for fucking hours and gather so much, much is gone my brothers, I understand.

Attached: 684418DC-1736-42C4-B9C4-7CB5F4D63C83.jpg (1125x1338, 837K)

>MUH ART MUH ART MUH WESTERN ART
or maybe you're too much of a retarded faggot to understand that art shifts form throughout the ages. the Dutch Masters would've abhorred Van Gogh because MUH VISIBLE BRUSHSTROKES, and the medieval iconographers would've recoiled at the Dutch Masters because MUH PERSPECTIVE MUH PEOPLE LOOK HOLIER THAN GOD.

Are you 17 years old?

I’m aware of this, my point still stands and won’t change. Escalate your insult from faggot to something else, childish high school terminology

And also, you do realise I can still spit on modern art right?, regardless of the epoch?, why should my opinion change, wait wait I know why, maybe I should stop being a retarded faggot, alright I see user Alright alright

Attached: 74BBFB62-778D-4CD6-AD70-34E104BF9F45.jpg (1117x1400, 1.19M)

>Escalate your insult, childish high schooler, hohohohohoh
if you're aware of that, and your point won't change, you're just a retard

Attached: patrician.png (413x549, 85K)

...and you realize that all art was once modern art, right? Jesus you should stop being a retarded faggot

Alright, and yes you’re right honestly, you win (unironically stating this) but anyway, that painting I sent, fucking beautiful right?

edgy fag detected
try this one user. one of my favorites

Attached: 1521949014758.jpg (1500x1147, 252K)

Saw this, uh got this one for you

Attached: 4D07A3DB-80D2-457F-82F4-B8AFCCCB941D.jpg (1666x2000, 749K)

...doesn't mean you can't contrast it with art movements of the past. are you dense? where's the merit in (((modern))) "art?" What level of skill is required to produce it? How do the messages that it's trying to convey compare to the works of the past? By every metric, modern art is vastly inferior

Attached: arttierlist.jpg (1024x768, 145K)

fuckin saved. thanks user

Attached: 5a169904b09d0278257612.jpg (2332x1666, 2.42M)

Him saying "muh" repeatedly is his ass call for swooping some guy called Maurice, fucking moron onions millennials

Don’t bother explaining to him, I let him have the upper hand, figured he’s a 17 year old rambling on, escaping to personal insults, "insults", in exaggeration, a weak vile, degenerate

Welcome :), I’ll keep it going

Attached: CA2F5EBF-1138-42BE-A52A-6F46EAC25835.jpg (1920x1203, 768K)

can't think what you see in it.

Attached: 2048px-Rembrandt_Harmensz._van_Rijn_-_Nachtwacht_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (2048x1699, 533K)

Cambridge or Oxford, either will do.

They’ve been pozzed for a couple decades now. What would they have taught 50 years ago?

neither will do. a classical education is one focused on classical antiquity, which you would receive before going up.