Where do i start with psychoanalysis?

where do i start with psychoanalysis?

Attached: 9F672CB6-CE0E-4B41-BA37-2CAC5E2597DE.jpg (297x445, 29K)

freud, then whoever you want. I would reccomend hitting Lacan too before getting into more obscure figures

what work of Freud’s should one read first?

You'll give up once you get to Lacan and realize everything else in the field depends on Lacan, despite Lacan being an obvious unfalsifiable charlatan

Hegel

yeah this is my base assumption—i want to know if there’s some benefit to any of it

>You'll give up once you get to Freud and realize everything else in the field depends on Freud, despite Freud being an obvious unfalsifiable charlatan

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 13K)

at least Freud was funny and didn't really give a shit. Lacan is design to exhaust you into accepting Lacan

Start with the Greeks.

Freud considered himself an actual scientist (what a fucking retard) and took psychoanalysis extremely serious.

What did Lacan consider himself
And what does the field of psychoanalysis consider him

Who cares, lol. They're a bunch of irrelevant faggots.

>he didn't read the introduction of The Interpretation of Dreams
>he doesn't know that Freud admits that his father's death had a profound affect on his practice of psychoanalysis

Attached: imagine_my_shock.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

That is a very disrespectful word

Who the fuck cares? He was a medical doctor that constructed a bunch of idiotic theories based on pseudo-science.

I mean, civilization and its discontents is great.
Beyond the pleasure principle for death drive.
Totem and taboo is solid

but so many people are influenced by psychoanalysis. is there really nothing of value in it?

Disregard the recommendations so far. Start with Bruce Fink's intro works. It comes from a lacanian practitioner who is very noob friendly yet thorough.

t. i was in your shoes once

iirc a psychoanalytic approach to therapy is focused on helping the client build a coherent self-narrative, rather than a cognitive-behavioral approach which seeks to help the client better adapt themselves to "reality"

useful for some people, useless for most

For me, its Jung.

Where are they Jordan?

You don't Because It's pseudoscience like 99% modern psychology.
Go study astrology it gives better results.

Observing the trauma phenomenon and the effect of bad childhood experience in its formation is based. We still haven't got any better way to influence deep change other than reconsolidating memories by talking them through

JP Lobsterman has nothing to do with Jung, and Jung would have detested him.