My campus has two bookstores

>my campus has two bookstores
>the first sells pretty much only textbooks, assigned literature, and YA
>the second sells only used books about leftist economics and occasionally idpol, literally nothing else
>nearest bookstore is twenty minutes away, it's a 6/10 B&N
why?

Attached: Stock Pic of a Bookstore.jpg (1116x592, 92K)

Where are you located OP?
Finding a decent bookstore is impossible unless you live in a big city, and even then it can be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Attached: 011BookArts.jpg (1000x686, 916K)

San Diego, and now you probably have enough info to figure out what campus. I know of bookstores, but none that won't take a full Saturday or Sunday just riding the bus back and forth across the city

You should steal from
Barnes And Noble

Also in San Diego, and the lack of good bookstores is real. DG Wills in La Jolla is decent. I haven't found much else in the region though.

lol
Book-Off is good if you can tolerate the weebs (it sells figures and manga and it’s right next to a ramen place and Mitsuwa), but I have a hard time finding anything that’s not a literal who

>Book-Off is good
I work maybe 5 minutes from there, but have never actually been (didn't know it existed desu senpai). I will stop in some time.

Bought 5 kilos of classics at a book fair for 15 dollars lol yea this is a flex

>tfw three great second hand bookstores within ten minutes biking distance from me

try sites where people sell their used shit, craiglist for us if im not wrong. there are people selling away fucktons of used books

>ignoring the reason why one would go to a bookstore in the first place

Give it up for marxists, everybody.

you don't know that, he could be an anarchist or possibly just larping as a Raskolnikovian übermensch

What does YA mean?

young adult fiction, like Hunger Games, Twilight, the Fault in Our Stars, or (arguably) the last few Harry Potter books

am retard, what's the reason? avoid talking to people?

browsing and sampling books you wouldn't have otherwise touched if you saw them online, and getting to feel and witness the physical quality of the book before you buy it, mainly

ah, okay then. those sites are good if you're looking for specific books mainly

Based DG Wills responses to yelp reviews

>Alas, one of the special "rewards" recognizable by all booksellers is that occasional encounter with good, well-meaning, dutiful but besieged parents on a desperate search, mostly on Sunday evenings, for a book needed for some school assignment generally due by the following day. Thus after verifying by phone that we did indeed have a copy of Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five," there was so much disruptive and simultaneous background chatter from several teen-age voices on what appeared to be a cell phone within a moving automobile that we could no longer hear the voice of the original caller; and thought that this was either a teen-age prank call or that we were somehow cut off. Five minutes later when what is normally a quiet, contemplative sanctuary of a bookshop was assaulted with such a barrage of frantic, frenetic and disruptive cacophony, we preferred to bequeath said book to restore peace and quiet here. Lesson to all other good parents besieged at the last minute with similar assignments: Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five" is "sui generis," stands alone, and is not part of a series called "Slaughterhouse One," "Slaughterhouse Two," etc.

Attached: o.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

I visited San Diego recently and got a couple good gets at Verbatim Books. The chicks at the registers were hot also.

>tfw comfy privately owned bookstore only 5 minutes from my apartment
>sells leather-bound classics and rare oddities
>operated by an elderly man who plays baroque music all the time

Attached: 1543661069076.png (409x409, 222K)

Does your campus or local library not have annual used book sales? Those are normally the best places to find good deals.

it's stands for Yelling Aloud