When will American comics go back to being a visual medium?

Lots of times they're just images accompanying the text rather than the other way around. Why have they become so bad, Yea Forumsmrades?

Attached: 92539239253.png (914x1164, 2.14M)

OP has never read a comic from before the year 2000.
You should check out some Silver age books. Half the time they were prose stories with visual aids.

Attached: Eagly.png (729x655, 612.43K)

Question to Yea Forums...OP's image is a parody...rigth?

Yes, but many comics are very wordy still.

They have less words than ever though.

It's but it's actually a fair criticism of the indie comics it's making fun of.

American superhero comics have always been wordy, it just probably feels like they are wordier now because less happens per page in terms of plot advancement. So you are getting the large amount of words as usual but progressing in the story less per page.

Attached: comicwriting01.jpg (1268x960, 701.41K)

when will manga?

Attached: 1631982421229.jpg (625x878, 159.84K)

Came here to post this. So weird that isn't even the worst of it. So much text dedicated to just the strategizing of some C tier character we barely know anything about.

Kurapika is one of the main characters though.

That's just Togashi being Togashi,

Subnormality.

I'm saying there's a page worse than that. It's the one where either one of thr royals or a subordinate of one of the royals is just doing paragraphs of speculation through internal monologue. There were more panels of just text with more text in them.

(Most) manga artists tend to rely on facial expressions to convey thoughts. Which is a more natural way of doing it.

Comic writers don't understand this so they cram in a bunch of unnecessary dialogue.

Manga has always been a superior medium, and this shows in the sales.

Attached: 048ff75c6b1745cf1f3fd50045c6af41.png (901x1300, 194.57K)

Here it is.

No bitch, this is exceptionally worse than regular wordy panels.

Attached: fkHpHKa8ZRvgXF3EvLfxXJwxEUD0Uw9ky_kPrNcD6QSg0BvTHF3mudaTD78fuSrnnnQoHVVDrfOd4Fe2ioZvMLnHtK4OMWTDMwEI-1d5dfYMil8ZfSZRShzURzKgxNAg.png (877x1300, 844.98K)

(Most) manga artists. I had read manga since I was 8 years old and the first time I saw text boxes showing the inner thoughts of a manga character was literally Hunter x Hunter.

Text spam is more prevalent in comics than in manga.

You can find waaaaay more examples of text spam in comics than in manga.

Comics done by Togashi?

someday I'm gonna read all that, not today or tomorrow, but it will happen!

>posting Kubo

Attached: 1625375422551.jpg (479x466, 4.47K)

Togashi is a terrible manga artist, even his drawings look like trash.

And this is the problem in these debates. People confuse a general statement for a universal statement.

99% of manga tend to rely on visuals more than dialogue when they can, for American comics it's the reverse.

Attached: One-Punch-Man-V16-int.jpg (2250x3375, 2.51M)

You haven't even read 1% of manga, retard

Comics won’t be good until the industry ditches massive capeshit universes and just does stuff like invincible where you start with issue 1 and then read until the comic ends and then that’s it
Until then no one will care about comics thus leading to far less talented people entering the industry

Attached: 5BF72884-B4AC-4DA3-B9DF-149917CAD1B3.jpg (798x1024, 119.44K)

When they stop hiring terrible tumblr artists who can't fucking draw

Because there's so much different manga, with comics if you read a few from the current generation, you pretty much read them all.

So you're making a generalized statement about two different cultural divides you yourself have barely touched upon either of them. You could have just straight up admitted to being a retard, brevity is the soul of wit after all.

Attached: textt.jpg (585x900, 120.08K)

Is this Bendis?

haha who reads this shit?
this is not a good comic
this is SHIT haha

yeah man truly in the good ole days they knew brevity was the way to tell the story

Attached: 1651423728800.jpg (2100x3000, 2.46M)

At least the art had SOVL.

yes... yes it did. We can't even get that much these days.

Attached: Captain America 101-013.jpg (1061x1500, 596.11K)

Fags, retards, and cripples should NOT reproduce. Criminals should DEFINITELY NOT reproduce.

No, it's by the same writer who wrote the Unsolicited Comments panel

For everyone who post Togashi manga
I'm going to post Bendis comic

She's the same bitch that co-wrote that Emilia Clarke comic . It's always female writers. Even male cucks aren't as horrible.

This. It was always WORDS WORDS WORDS but they were doing stuff, now its just conversations in a room between talking heads.

I know this is one of those "East vs. West" threads because we just talked about this, so to skip all the bullshit - yes, manga is superior as a format for visual storytelling and actual market. It's sleeker, more cost-efficient in every way, and relies on smaller pages with more focus on characters and establishing shots, which makes reading it faster and more addicting. Perhaps they learned from the mistakes of comics when the medium was being built in the 60s, or perhaps it's just the Japanese way of doing things that clicked with people. Demon Slayer outsold the entire comic book industry, etc.
And no, comics can never learn from manga or change so drastically as to become like manga. We're stuck with what we have, expensive floppies and all. And it wouldn't be a problem for us enthusiasts, things I mentioned apply to normalfags mainly, if the modern comic book writers weren't so amazingly shit at what they do, incapable of writing interesting stories either because they don't own the characters and can't really do anything interesting with them, or maybe just because they're talentless hacks who have long forgotten how to remove their heads from their asses. But that's a different story.

Attached: 1629428461077.png (512x512, 130.5K)

>Demon Slayer outsold the entire comic book industry, etc.
is it good?

Fuck no, but neither are current comics.

Not really, the art is somewhat sloppy, and the story is just fine for what it is. It's a case where the anime BTFOs the manga completely. Thanks to Ufotable's unrivaled animation quality, Demon Slayer became a spectacle it wasn't before, and that made it the hit that it became.
It was pretty insane to watch Demon Slayer break all known records and outsell One Piece after the manga fucking ended, because of the TV show. The movie then became the highest-grossing movie in Japanese history, BTFOing Miyazaki's Spirited Away, which sent some animation enthusiasts for a loop.

Attached: 1623727544265.jpg (1200x628, 112.39K)

I'm going to unironically read this all, wish me luck.

Godspeed, you're a stronger man than me.

Here's the full comic.

Attached: oh no! a pterodactyl has appeared and it's carrying beartato away!.jpg (956x4251, 1.59M)

>Meanwhile eastern comic
Comic is dead in general

Attached: 20220509_140108.jpg (1080x1573, 351.14K)

And this is someone's summary of it.

Attached: subnormality comic.png (1020x2364, 101.69K)

It happens more often in western comics, though.

This page was posted multiple times already. At least dig out something else, don't be lazy.

>Perhaps they learned from the mistakes of comics when the medium was being built in the 60s, or perhaps it's just the Japanese way of doing things that clicked with people.

Actual magaka have respect for world comics. They don't think of it as a right or wrong away of doing things, just a Japanese way of doing things
Really though I feel like the reason manga is structured the way it is is because they're effectively the successors to kamishibai shows. The pacing of their page layout is similar. Establish shot, character focus. outside of knowing of comic pages I think manga developed mostly independent of world comics, even with Tezuka's love of Disney and carl barks.

Attached: kamishibi.jpg (396x976, 247.12K)

Bendis? The writer, Bendis?

I bet some japs are upset how that “quality” of content is becoming the norm, and outselling widely renowned and praised books/movies. Similar to us and MCU

Did you really swipe this from the cringe thread just to make an EvW shitpost you unbelievable faggot?

Weeks are absolutely shidding and pissing today
Anyone got an idea what got their pantsu in a twist?

Attached: wordwordswords.png (620x932, 1.16M)

American capeshit went to shit because low pay + short delays makes it a "quantity over quality" job. give artists a slower format like webcomics and they can produce unique looking pieces, but nobody cares because the mindset in the USA is "brand is more important than products" at the moment.

it's not a parody, it's a joke.

>Comic writers don't understand this so they cram in a bunch of unnecessary dialogue.
ENTER

Attached: tails_gets_trolled.png (290x333, 94.87K)

In comics writers and artists are different people, and when the writer doesn't understand how to draw he feels the need to explain everything in words.

>for American comics it's the reverse.
Why don't you give some actual examples?

user do you genuinely believe all modern comic books are like this ?