Yea Forums Animators' Thread

The webcomic guys have their threads, how about one for Yea Forums animators? What are you working on lately? Show off your storyboards, roughs, or finished work. Have you ever made an animatic or a full animation? Link it so we can see it!

Attached: animationthread.png (450x396, 156.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DN-vSXBrYs
youtu.be/8s7uquWGjG0
youtube.com/watch?v=wK0p_Pr1SbU
youtube.com/watch?v=NwX5wr5qccg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwe3kEZyeMYijWOA4qXT4N8YP_EuP0Azd
twitter.com/sleepyboos
sleepyboosart.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=1bTavyN4eY0
youtu.be/E1NZtvwZ_78
youtu.be/D2H5wppp4q0
youtu.be/F-LG79-n1Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Already posted it in the nu-animator thread but what the hell. Just made this a couple days ago youtube.com/watch?v=-DN-vSXBrYs

Attached: doogdoog.png (960x540, 934.51K)

Bumping because I like seeing original stuff

Yea Forums has way fewer "personal projects" threads than it did in the past.

I've been working on something, but my huion shit died. I'm not a guy that's good at drawing or animating though lol so I won't share, sorry. :)

Well that was... interesting.

Hell yeah, I hope there's enough traction here to make this thread a regular thing.

youtu.be/8s7uquWGjG0

I shared this in the nu-animator thread as well, but here it is. My channel has a number of things I've made. Overall, I think my art/animation is passable, but I always worry that my editing and storytelling is too overly long & drawn out.

I'm working on a big, 5 minute long original short. Hopefully it's done by the end of 2022.

I hope we see more adventures of Doog Doog. He's got a really appealing design.

Attached: 1651984078594.png (1280x720, 744.36K)

Glad to see you here, Fleck! And thanks. You never know where Doog Doog might find himself next time.

Also I'm excited for the new short. I know what it's like to slave away for a year with one idea in mind, takes some real dedication.

Thanks a ton, man. I liked your recent Metaverse cartoon too. Fat Morpheus running & falling off the wall, then flipping around into his chair killed me.

And I hear that, dude. Chugging away at a big cartoon for months or even over a year... You definitely reach a point where you've heard all the jokes 1,000,000 times, and you've completely lost sight of what even drove you to make the thing in the first place. The process is a pain in the ass, and you get absolutely nothing for free, everything you see on screen has to be drawn & made from scratch. But the end result of finally having a finished cartoon you can point to & say, "I made this." That (usually) makes it all worth it. Keep at it man, we're all gonna make it.

Well I've been working on some couple projects, some safe some lewd, all of them equally dumb, this one in particular is a series of animations of my sona getting cooked in various ways suggested by the fellas at twatter

Attached: Cooking+3.gif (666x666, 2.5M)

This is a nice lil animation

>tfw came up with two ideas and storyboarded them out
>one got to the animatic phase
>one was already an anime
>the other is shot for shot a remake of a one off Cartoon Network cartoon called Tigglewinks

It has been hard to work on new things lately.

Attached: A8599656-D62F-4EF8-8B3B-0B99BFFDBEDF.png (1280x658, 324.77K)

Also, a nekojiru thing I made

Attached: 8773872F-C394-4288-AF53-FD5306FDA5A5.gif (550x400, 140.14K)

I'm not this user
but I like his work
youtube.com/watch?v=wK0p_Pr1SbU

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1280x720, 136.53K)

whats the anime

I was thinking I’d make a sports related cartoon, brainstormed, and thought of making one of the most boring sports I could think of (ping-pong) into an over the top Action/comedy. When I did some research on it I found that ping-pong was actually pretty intense so I was getting excited to work on the animation… then after I had some concept art done and a basic outline of the pilot I found out that there was an anime called Ping-Pong the Animation with a style of animation very similar to the one I had thought of. Worse yet, even the main characters looked similar.

It wasn’t as bad as my project that ended up being almost the exact same as Tigglewinks though. I had everything done on that one and was about to begin the actual animation when I stumbled on the CN cartoon completely by happen chance. My stomach actually sank with that one.

Attached: 8E08C2D7-219B-43FB-8D5C-4631980CE71E.png (1280x720, 806.81K)

Did this on notebook cards at work.

Attached: Muffy Ugh.gif (560x315, 677.71K)

make curling over the top
become the national hero of canada

That… could actually be pretty funny. I always did like watching that during the Winter Olympics.

At the moment I’m trying to repurpose some of my older ideas into kids shows. The older I get the more I want to make more wholesome slice of life’s for families, but the hard part is making them entertaining enough to keep the kiddos attention..

Attached: 4CA49937-806E-4841-929A-C19F5830E6D5.jpg (1280x1104, 203.15K)

i always figured the hard part was engaging the kids without talking down to them
yet not being so bold that you have the parents complaining

Yuuup, it has actually been a fairly difficult balancing act. These are little people that enjoy learning and seeing new things, and you gotta deliver that in a colorful, comedic way without making it obvious that’s what you’re doing. All the while avoiding making it a pain to sit through for adults. Relatability is a key thing, so I’ve been trying to spend more time around my friends and their kids just to see if I can capture the genuine feelings behind their interactions.

Attached: 74EFDCE2-8E68-45BD-A049-EE73478EA640.gif (550x400, 46.2K)

currently finishing up a minute long skit, will try and post if i remember to this week

Animation takes too long for these threads to be viable.

Been working on an animated short for a long while now. I've done some simple shorts before, mostly little one minute stick figure bits and simple puppet animation, but this is my first crack at something properly hand drawn.

The whole thing has been a massive learning curve, since I kind of have to figure out how to do things as I go since every shot is something I've never done before. My drawing skills are pretty limited, so I've had to use a very simplistic, stylized aesthetic. I'm almost done my first pass at the animation, but I've learned so much as I've been making it that I'll have to go back and change/fix my earlier animation since it's, frankly, embarrassing.

Last night I was feeling pretty down about it, wondering if it was worth it with the end being so far away and feeling like it's just going to turn out like crap, so this morning I quickly exported the shots I'd "completed" along with rough bits from incomplete shots and...I didn't hate it. Even with the garbage early animation it flows more or less how I imagined it. Just needs a strong polish pass is all. Those little bits where I watch something back and I think "that doesn't completely suck" have really been keeping me going. Hoping to have the short finished by late August in time for a local area animation festival.

Gif is a more recent shot I did. Haven't drawn the background yet. For now you'll just have to imagine the darker background and trees.

Attached: Scene-6-Shot-4-test-1.gif (853x480, 629.39K)

True, but I support this thread in theory

I am writing the century-defining animated short.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: crazy.gif (1280x720, 213.68K)

hoping to have the second one done this year
youtube.com/watch?v=NwX5wr5qccg

The idea is to only make these threads once a month. That way most animators should have new content to share.

Is there a way to animate on iPad that is better than Procreate?

Your art/animation is fine, as well as your editting but your pacing might be just ever so slightly off. Also I think if you did more parodies like you stuart little vid, you'd get big enough to be able to make more original content and have it also get views.

I really like your art, you should go through with your idea even if it's a bit similar, nothing truly original anyway. Do you have a twitter or something?
I like this too, and I've seen you post before I think, can you share your twitter? Do you also have a single mother racoon OC?

Yotomoe1 on twitter and yes I do. Though I haven't drawn her being motherly in a while.

Attached: A lotte kids.png (1323x845, 443.91K)

You should make animations about her, it would be very popular I think.

I did start this one months ago that I kinda petered out on. More about the skunk than the raccoon but she's in it

Attached: lunchmuffy4.gif (560x315, 736.57K)

So I've been wanting to try out Clip Studio's animation tools for a while, but as a complete beginner, does anyone know of any tutorials or basic exercises to try?

Things like walk cycles or bouncing balls, I guess?
All I know is that I WANT to do something, but I don't know WHAT to do! Any suggestions or tips?

cute stuff

Guess I could post my stuff here.
This is a series I've been working on for the past few years. First two episodes are pretty shit, but the rest are worth checking out.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwe3kEZyeMYijWOA4qXT4N8YP_EuP0Azd

I appreciate it. Here’s my Twitter and my old tumblr. I think the latter has a bit more stuff on it:
twitter.com/sleepyboos
sleepyboosart.tumblr.com/

And I appreciate the sentiment, but the one that I had been working the longest and hardest on was so similar to that pilot episode of Tigglewinks that I imagine they could actually file a lawsuit over it. Like, it’s actually bizarre just how closely the premise, characters, and even story beats of the pilot happened to line up. Now of days I think the doggos design would be too similar to Chikn’s as well.

But thankfully I’m kinda getting my motivation back. I watched Bluey with a friends kids and was really impressed with how entertaining a show targeting such a young audience can be so that sort of has me wanting to do something for a similar age group.

There’s also the fact that Blender finally has a lot of the stuff I’ve wanted in it for YEARS, so I’m really excited to create a little something in it.
Very cute

Attached: 54B2DAB9-C07B-4560-8C0F-71E1433853C9.gif (800x450, 142.07K)

I animated this years ago in a day on procreate and havent done it for a while. Though my new job gives me access to adobe and i found my old wacom so for the time being i might try and do more stuff.

i posted this here not long ago but i wanna see this thread be a regular thing even if i dont come through with anything else

Attached: D82D1128-F154-4484-AB83-C9470EA3C4F9.gif (1272x1598, 372.02K)

I've been using flipaclip on android, it iz a nifty little animation tool, and not too wxpensive or difficult to pirate.

Attached: Dogg.gif (666x666, 978.64K)

I tried watching this but 30 minute episodes is just too damn long, it needs to hook the viewer and animals standing around and talking for 30 minutes isn't going to do it.
>So, this was definitely not meant to be a half hour long, but unfortunately, I can't really gauge that until the editing stage.
Most of them are that long, and how can you not tell the length of a vid by the script? Generally, 12 minute scripts are about 24 pages. The animation itself seem adequate, a bit of Foamy the squirrel vibes, but that's fine. I don't want to discourage you but maybe just break them into smaller vids and try to increase the pacing and find a way to hook viewers in the first minute or so.

Thanks for the feedback. The hook aspect is an issue I noticed with ep 5, and am working on 6. There is a story I'm meaning to build up to, so length isn't exactly as malleable. Though trimming out the fat is definitely something I can work on.

Attached: ezgif-5-05a29fb646.gif (480x270, 1.39M)

I've been animating something once a month for over a year but none of it is safe for blue boards. I'm bumping anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=1bTavyN4eY0

Here's an animation I completed last month

It's well animated but what ever podcast you got the audio from is terribly unfunny, which really makes it seem like a waste of your skills.

I agree that the audio you chose aint that great (even though I'm a big MDE fan), but the animated gestures are fuckin solid. I'd like to see how you would approach an action scene or something with a lot of dynamic movement.

I appreciate the input. Yeah, I think the pacing being off is a good way to put it. I always feel like most of the actions happen just a bit too slowly. Also with that Stanford Prison Experiment video, I tried to find a way to concisely setup the premise & explain the rules of the experiment just so that the viewer has some context, but in retrospect I could've trimmed a lot of that out.

I think a lot of it has to do with me recording & mixing all of the audio first, just after I storyboard and script everything. I think if I did an animatic with some scratch audio first, just to figure out the pacing before I actually commit to any final audio, that would help a lot.

I've certainly thought about doing more parodies just to grow the channel, and it is tempting... But idk man, given how long animation takes, I'd kinda rather just work on my own original stuff, regardless of view count. That Stuart Little thing took over a year to make, and I am proud of it. But idk if I want to commit weeks, months, or longer to making some cheap parody of stuff that my heart really isn't in.

Appreciate this thread OP. I think monthly threads is a great move. I've been trying to post monthly videos but it's tough.

here's some episodes of my webseries:
youtu.be/E1NZtvwZ_78

youtu.be/D2H5wppp4q0

Then this is my most recent video, a terry gilliam ripoff attempt. I needed a break after the Little Caesars cartoon because that one was so difficult:

youtu.be/F-LG79-n1Do

I'll post feedback after I watch ppl's stuff

Attached: giphy.gif (425x275, 997.72K)

>he makes animated "films"
>doesn't write a script
>or worse, buys into the board driven cope

NGMI

Attached: 1596748468699_2.png (313x258, 1.9K)

>youtu.be/E1NZtvwZ_78
>youtu.be/D2H5wppp4q0
I liked these, the Little Caesars one more so.
>youtu.be/F-LG79-n1Do
I don't like this type of humor or animation style, the phantom zone joke was funny though.

posting feedback to keep discussion going. Lotta talented ppl here.

lol this was a clever idea. Donkey Kong has such a good vibe in terms of visuals that you could probably get a lot of mileage with this character. what software do you use?

someone else made the point about timing up top but the DDR part was a genuine surprise and got a chuckle from me.
i struggle with this where like...there will be 'establishment' sections of a scene where I don't need a ton of movement, but because i'm 'learning' by making stuff i will add fluid movement where it's just ppl talking.
still this looks cool. excited to see the 5 min thing. What software did ya use?/current setup?

this looks like it was a crazy amount of work!!! i don't have time to watch it all rn but damn.

watched a little of this and you're a good character animator! I think this would be improved big time with stronger backgrounds. Like maybe you could commission those out or draw them in a different software. is this all flash?

really great animation/appreciate the shading on the characters. hang on to that background artist. whats ur current software workflow??

Attached: F.jpg (2048x1131, 149.66K)

ty for watching!!

Katuunu here, thanks for watching. Backgrounds are my Achilles heel, yeah second only to sound editing. I use CSP, no longer am I a sufferer of Adobe Stockholm.

Also I was able to look at "Test your might". Do you use Blender or some other 3D software for the camera movements? That shit was insane man.

>what software do you use?
This was a little different than my usual approach. I used Toonboom for animating lil Doog Doog, but with all the pixelated backgrounds I had to manually take each image and put it through a number of filters to achieve that old game look. For anyone interested, I use Photomosh and Picmonkey whenever I want to alter an image since there are a ton of options. (also it's free)

Stanford Prison guy here. For all of my cartoons, I use Adobe Animate, and all of the backgrounds were just painted in Photoshop. All of the assets for the DDR section (arrows, high score, etc) were made in Illustrator. I have a 13" Cintiq tablet that's a couple of years old now, and I record everything in Audacity using an Audio Technica AT2020 microphone.

sick! yes i have been thinking about switching to clip studio paint for drawing.
right now i do backgrounds in blender, drawing in Autodesk Sketchbook, and animation in Moho.
I think i might switch to pure blender to learn greasepencil...that timeline is super wonky though.
perhaps clip studio is the better move for 2d.

that one 3d part was a blender camera but a transparent 2d animation using 'import images as planes.' Lotta possibilities there.

Attached: 1650633980670.gif (242x294, 3.82M)

>Photomosh and Picmonkey
will definitely mess with these. thank you king

Attached: Ray_characterpage.png (560x402, 123.19K)

the new audacity update is so cool. i love the fact that you can extend/crop sound clips like garageband now

Attached: 1649971225468.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

MDE Guy Here
I used Adobe Animate and Inked in Photoshop
It took me over a year

Cute girl, what's her name

respect.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 8.16K)

Oh shit, user. I legitimately didn't even know about this. Thank you so much.