Would you read a "Batman '97" series that continued the Schumacherverse past Batman&Robin?

Would you read a "Batman '97" series that continued the Schumacherverse past Batman&Robin?

Attached: batman triumphant.jpg (588x828, 94.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4OEvDqRr898
youtu.be/sA1WU-9UVxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Goldbum
No, but I'd watch the movie. Rip Schumacher

Gonna be honest, I haven’t read any of these new tie-in comics. Not 66, not 77, not 78, not 89

Actually it was supposed to be Nicholas Cage as Scarecrow

what the hell is batman 77 and 78?

Wonder Woman 77
Superman 78

No, the batman 89 comic turn out to be shit, just like all american comics nowadays, i mean shit even channel awesome videos on "what if burton did batman forever" was better.

No, because it would forgo the visual style of the movies and shoehorn in BLM shit.
Also, it would try to be intentionally funny bad, fuck that.
Batman 66 is really good.

Would it be possible to have a Batman/Dark Knight '12 that takes place after Nolan's TDKR?

>i mean shit even channel awesome videos on "what if burton did batman forever" was better.

I can't believe I actually did like that one more than the Batman 89 comic, even knowing that if Burton really had done Batman 3 it wouldn't have been like that

>Madonna
That's a line and a half you're crossing, OP.

After TDKR, I wouldn’t be crazy about. I would like a Batman 05, that’s based on Batman Begins, Gotham Knight, and The Dark Knight’s original plans (two Joker movies, one where Harvey Dent is a prosecutor, a second where he is Two Face). The novels Batman: Dead White, Batman: Inferno, and Batman: Fear Itself are tie–ins to Batman Begins intended to be set after that film, but they were rendered non–canon when The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were released and contradicted them. I haven’t read them, but they might be cool too
Basically, I would like a Nolanverse comic, but without strictly basing it on the films, because the films form a very closed narrative with specific characters being alive and dead, and characters having definite ending. I’d like a serialized story, basically the Nolanverse translated to comics. That might be cool.
The Batman Begins tie-in comic could be used as a starting point, especially considering Dark Knight and Rises didn’t get tie-in comics

Attached: 260FAE40-1A74-43A6-A485-1985EC235D5B.jpg (988x1600, 476.3K)

>66 is pretty good (even the crossovers)
>Haven't read 77 because I'm not that familiar with the Wonder Woman show
>78 is probably the best Superman series of recent memory
>89 is total shit, stay as far away from that as possible.

The only one that sucks in Batman 89. The other three actually are well written

Now but I would read a comic adaptation of Batman: Unchained/Triumphant.

Batman 89 didnt feel as grand as the original two movies. The racial commentary also felt out of place in a Batman story. I know Burton wanted Marlon Wayons to be Robin but he sticks out like a sore thumb. Catwoman's return also feels like nostalgia wank rather than a necessity.

It's pretty much comics Batman just with it's own designs. I'd read the fuck out of it. It would make my fever dreams of seeing more George Clooney bats.

Unlike the other movies you could work with a lot of different or new designs.

Attached: rbeDwKUh.jpg (624x960, 126.2K)

While I'd prefer to have The Dark Knight Rises be the end of that universe (And Alfred seeing Bruce & Selina as wishful thinking), I gotta admit I'd be curious to see a one-shot exploring the aftermath. Maybe seeing Robin John Blake become Nightwing, and if Bruce really did survive, how he and Selina are going to support themselves. All his money was drained and the estate went to Alfred, so he'd more than likely have to turn to crime (Maybe make Matches Malone his full-time identity partnering with Catwoman).

A midquel would be the best approach.

What's wrong with '89?

Attached: Hey, Kamiyama.jpg (213x300, 74.17K)

I think what I'd want is something that shows us the transition between the Burton movies and the Schumacher movies. I know that the Batman '89 comic went with the idea that the Schumacher stuff is non-canon, but the way I see it, there's still a universe where the the events of the Burton stuff leads into the events of the Schumacher stuff, even if there now also other universes where the Burton movies segue into the '89 comic.

We see this transition in Bruce between the Burton stuff and the Schumacher stuff that suggests a character arc, and some of the dialogue in Forever suggests that this is something more than just inconsistencies between different screenwriters.

Batman kills in '89. Most of the time, he seems to kill pragmatically, like the Golden Age Batman. He's cold, but doesn't go out of his way to kill. But by Returns, he seems to be a bit more sadistic, lighting a Penguin goon on fire and smiling as he has another blown up.

In Forever, he tells Dick about how seeing his parents' killer die won't make him happy, and will only lead him further down into violence and destruction. Is seeing The Joker die and still feeling empty despite it what led Batman in Returns to be more violent? Trying to chase a feeling of satisfaction he could never get?

By Forever, Batman's toned it down. He's more of a public hero, and the way the citizens react to him feels more in line with how citizens felt about Adam West's Batman. They feel familiar with him instead of fearing him. We actually see Bruce doing shit with Wayne Enterprises. It seems like he's changed. But it seems like a change he's still working through. We see that he's still psychologically fucked up and has repressed trauma. And he finds the Batman and Bruce Wayne parts of himself competing to the point where he thinks being Batman is the reason for his unhappiness, and he should just quit.

And, of course, Gotham itself looks different. From gothic to day-glow.

I dunno, I'd do a comic that has Batman trying to change his approach. And maybe, coincidentally, Gotham is also rebranding to try to shed its image as a dangerous city, and so they start covering up everything with lights in order to look more friendly to tourists and also create less spaces for crime to hide. Maybe it only ironically makes Gotham look seedier and sleazier. It could be a story about a man and a city doing their best to change.

Because that one at least tried to be an actual story with actual characters. You think about that version and you think about Williams Riddler's interactions with Harvey, the sub-plot of Harvey with her wife, the relation she has with Bruce and Edward, Edward's character as a whole, Dick and Bruce's relationship... Like, that story has stuff going on in a way that is understandable and respectful to Burton as much as possible.

And then you have '89, which is the polar opposite.

After seeing Schumachers own thoughts on his movies I would consider Burtonbats and Schubats completely different characters.

The not killing was a big deal for Schubats as mentioned. Granted he isnt hyper autist about it like some writers, but it was still a pretty big deal.

"So here was the dilemma, I did not wan't to have Batman kill the villains. First of all -- I did not wan't Batman to murder, because I felt Batman should be above that."

I don't think Burtons Batman is really out to kill, and it doesnt give much of a different vibe from early Batman, but you know what I mean.

You just made me realise that, by existing, the '89 comics totally erased the character arc Bruce had in Forever, and now he's even more empty than before (in this new canon at least). By the point this new comic happens, we don't know why he choose a Bat as his symbol, why he kills that much, or why he seems to chance on killing people or not depending on the day of the week. Basically, he became inconsistent.

Everything. Like, everything is off or plain bad. It doesn't help that the main artist and Hamm wanted to stay away from Burton's perspective as much as possible because they felt it was a hard task to do.

Post your predictions for the ending of this trash.

>Two-Face dies by his own hand after losing his coin and getting hit or cut in half by a train
>Barbara makes it happen, killing him indirectly just like Batman killed Joker and Penguin back in the day.
>Gordon stays dead
>Catwoman keeps throwing random shit at us
>Harley is used as sequel bait.

Attached: STL212158.jpg (2981x4584, 2.04M)

Does he wear the Batman Returns costume in that? Because thats pretty much that costume.

Lame as fuck.

Yes and no. He wears the 1989 costume mixed with the Returns one. He also has white lenses now and a blue undercape.

>Why?
Same reason of why Selina has a new outfit or why Two-Face looks like a mixture between Beetlejuice and BTAS Two-Face: because Quinones tries to appeal more to the BTAS Fanbase than Burton's fanbase itself.

Attached: Batsuit_(Batman_89).jpg (543x1047, 129.21K)

>And, of course, Gotham itself looks different.

It's different but still pretty gothic. In some ways more grand than Burtons films, because of the huge statues. The huge statues are there to keep the gothic atmosphere, but Schumacher stated he wanted humans instead of Gargoyles to keep the human element in the film and to make it surreal.

Attached: batman-and-robin-gotham-city.jpg (1593x1067, 131.32K)

Looks fucking horrible. Especially because 89 and Returns are two completely different design languages.

Warner Bros tried to shoehorn the Schumacher and Burton movies in as being the same canon until recently where they decided they’re separate. But you can see why they separated them. Yes some things are similar like Gordon and Alfred having the same actors, but other things make no sense like Harvey’s skin color changing from black to white and Batman saying "I’ve never been in love before" in Forever (despite being in love with Catwoman in Returns)

We could have more of this.

Attached: Style Guide 14-min.jpg (800x1067, 93.85K)

madonna was already in her 40s by that point.. way too old

absolutely.

I wouldn't call it trash.

It has too much stuff for it only being six issues. Catwoman could've been cut easily and it would barely make a difference. Otherwise, it's pretty fun. I liked Robin once he started working with Batman and Two-Face is fun.

If anything, Shumacher was close to making the Gotham Bill Finger/Dick Sprang envisioned.

I'm still waiting for the movie that makes Gotham a seedy Disneyland for rich people.

Attached: Detective 222-06_The Great Batman Swindle-04.jpg (376x324, 116.13K)

>a comic that doesn't even care to respect the material it's representing and keeps throwing references left and right to stay relevant.
How would you call it then, Super trash? Trash '89?

Kind of a shame we'll probably never see another movie in general with pure comic book style regardless of what it is.

Every time I see Clooneybats all I ever think about us Dick Sprangs' Batman because they look so similar.

Attached: _4033235997142747367 (1).jpg (130x127, 6.08K)

Reminds me of the ominous statues in Prometheus.

Attached: large_7D6S5JydrGqhvjtjUoQjQT5FR3z.jpg (400x600, 51.12K)

Attached: c0a9fea18f61092470053673b76c8cac.jpg (658x370, 38K)

Yes, let this happen.

Wonder Woman '77 is mostly fun but it's not a good representation of the show, specially because the stories are way too short

The Batman '66/WW 77 and Bionic Woman/WW 77 crossovers were better and more true to the show, in part because of the extended storyline

Attached: Wonder Woman '77 (2015-) v2-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

They did some pretty damn good make up for Tommy Lee Jones.

Attached: Wardrobe Test Two Face 01-min (1).jpg (800x1180, 138.07K)

Can't be worse wasted potential than Batman 89
Maybe he can alternate from Kilmer to Clooney and back again every issue

He should've had this design in Forever. It even matches with his lackeys and explains their color scheme.

Yeah I like that one too. I can see them picking the other suit because of the more distinct tighter uniform patterns, similarly to how he has them in the comics.

but other than that.. yeah i totally would read it

youtube.com/watch?v=4OEvDqRr898

Everything feels like it has character. Do they even do this anymore. Last one I remember was that Joker rap video.

Attached: ERQnxjkUwAACSh5.jpg (708x1000, 189.34K)

Kind of a sad way for Bruce's career as Batman to end, though.

Why no Riddler? If I recall that was the most likely villain for Burton to do next, along with Scarecrow.

Damn shame that sweet cover art is wasted in a bad comic.

I cannot believe people are praising CA again......but i dont know about that video, watching it now.

youtu.be/sA1WU-9UVxw

Attached: 1648347609305.gif (200x191, 58.96K)

Schumacher only planned to do two more Batman films after B&R, which were Batman Triumphant and Dark Knight Returns

Well that's a Riddle. Hamm apparently just wanted Two Face because that was the "obvious" choice.

Why not just bring Tim Burton in to do a comic or an animated movie of what his third Batman would have been like? The only way you can stay true to his vision is to actually bring the man himself in.

Holy Kino, Batman.

Attached: 16BE58BE-0FC4-4A56-BE57-23C091092A84.jpg (1199x800, 124.02K)

>people hate the ‘89 comic

Let me guess. Something something black Robin something something woke something whatever.

Did I get it?

>Quinones tries to appeal more to the BTAS Fanbase than Burton's fanbase itself.

BTAS was informed by the aesthetics of the Burton films. I believe the intent was to get meta and try to interpret how a third film would’ve in turn been influenced by the show which still would’ve been running at the time.

Both wrong. Scarecrow was going to be Brad Douriff