Well, Yea Forums? Have you read it?

Well, Yea Forums? Have you read it?

Attached: 237A7F0A-10C7-4709-B193-FAF48BF611C8.jpg (568x568, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_the_Sabine_Women
youtube.com/watch?v=846by3LOKlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cringe

No and We won't ever.

ZUCC

Attached: D3-vo7tUwAASPwp.jpg (1200x900, 145K)

>Zuckerberg
>berg

Attached: 20190503_145812.png (84x84, 15K)

What’s it about?

>Not All Dead White Men is about how these diverse members of Red Pill communities utilize ancient Greek and Roman sources, and sometimes even just the very ideas of ancient Greece and Rome, to bolster their sexist, patriarchal, and often racist worldviews. In doing so, Zuckerberg is "dedicated to exposing how Red Pill rhetoric works," and the book offers a guide to the tactics used by the Red Pill to convince people to join them and to "troll" those who disagree with them. Zuckerberg's book is rather straightforward in terms of organization: her first chapter offers a lengthy introduction to the terminology and history of the Red Pill, and in three subsequent chapters she offers a look at one of the key thematics in Red Pill uses of the Classics, focusing on the Stoic philosophers, the Roman poet Ovid, and ancient ideas about rape and marriage.

Whats this obsession with liberalizing the past when they constantly complain about it not being so

leftists can only read the classics through the lens of gamergate and donald trump, everything before 2014 just exists in the same indeterminate blur of the remote past. Leftists don't even remember occupy wall-street, let alone mai 68 or the october revolution. the concept of text having meanings is alien to the leftists: greeks are just another doctor who steven universe tumblr fandom that must be cleansed of everything ''problematic'' so it can be enjoyed in a purely onanistic self congratulatory fashion.

>Zuckerberg

>A virulent strain of antifeminism is thriving online that treats women’s empowerment as a mortal threat to men and to the integrity of Western civilization. Its proponents cite ancient Greek and Latin texts to support their claims—arguing that they articulate a model of masculinity that sustained generations but is now under siege.

>Donna Zuckerberg dives deep into the virtual communities of the far right, where men lament their loss of power and privilege and strategize about how to reclaim them. She finds, mixed in with weightlifting tips and misogynistic vitriol, the words of the Stoics deployed to support an ideal vision of masculine life. On other sites, pickup artists quote Ovid’s Ars Amatoria to justify ignoring women’s boundaries. By appropriating the Classics, these men lend a veneer of intellectual authority and ancient wisdom to their project of patriarchal white supremacy. In defense or retaliation, feminists have also taken up the Classics online, to counter the sanctioning of violence against women.

>Not All Dead White Men reveals that some of the most controversial and consequential debates about the legacy of the ancients are raging not in universities but online.

>Even though it was published two thousand years ago, the Ars Amatoria can still feel very relevant to today’s world. But it is ultimately a poem that Ovid intended for his time, not for all time. The superficial similarity between his suggestions for how to avoid buying your puella expensive gifts and advice on seduction blogs for how not to buy a girl drinks or spend more than twenty dollars on a date is misleading. Treating Ovid as “the original PUA”—or claiming, as Strauss did on Reddit, that “what works has always been the same throughout history, from Ovid’s writing on seduction to today”—is difficult to justify from a theoretical perspective. Although there are undeniable similarities, most are superficial, and the cultural conditions that shaped Ovid’s text are entirely different from those that shape the seduction community.

Zuckerberg doesn't think modern men should draw lessons from ancient thinkers. This is the heart of the matter.

>But it is ultimately a poem that Ovid intended for his time, not for all time.

So let me inject modern intersectional politics into the discussion. That'll show em

from her publication eidolon
>Eidolon makes the classics political and personal, feminist and fun.
>Classics, as a discipline, could be more of these things, and we’re determined to make that happen. We publish on the main site about the ancient and modern world, pedagogy, pop culture, culture only classicists care about, issues in the field, etc., and occasionally on idle musings, our blog, about all sorts of nonsense and whimsy.
>First, in the spirit of bringing politics into Classics, we’ll be clear about our own: we err on the progressive side, broadly defined but with the general sense of working from the margins and for the marginalized, encouraging cutting-edge scholarship, and tirelessly trying to improve whatever we’re doing. Feminism, also broadly defined (and inclusive!), is at the heart of our work, although that doesn’t necessarily restrict our content—indeed, the fact that “women’s topics” are seen as narrow while men’s topics are just “topics” is precisely part of the problem.

sounds like generic ad copy for a 'woke' lifestyle and pop culture magazine. the predictable zaniness (''nonsense and whimsy''), the exclamation marks, the informal, confessional tone, this is not your grandfather's classics journal! the 'diverse' set of contributors that obviously move in the same social circles, are in the same income bracket and write like they are the exact same person, all other differences purely cosmetic, the cultural hyper-politisation covering up the fact they are basically clinton democrats. I blame Gawker for this shit.

> All three of her siblings, Mark Zuckerberg, Randi Zuckerberg and Arielle Zuckerberg, work in the technology sector

who could have known?

>women's topics are seen as narrow while men's topics are just topics

literally who is she directing this to? Feminism is definitionally narrow in scope. it's in the fucking name. there is no such thing as men's topics, largely because academic feminism labels them unnecessary or dangerous.

who the fuck is she talking about

Are women never interested in anything else than women, sex and children ?

These women do at least admit that the classics in question were written by extremely patriarchal and xenophobic people I hope

Are you sure you're ready for this?

Attached: 1556385776838.jpg (2294x751, 791K)

I had no idea Ovid was so based and red pilled about the roastys
Will have to check him out

>tfw too much of a brainlet to see the misogyny in Meditations

Why would I read a feature length b8 thread?

Think she'd have a career higher than Denny's waitress if she wasn't a Faceberg sibling?
I don't.

Attached: IMG_20190503_174907.jpg (1024x1024, 212K)

>women revolve around their sexuality, nothing else
>source: dude just trust me

>berg

Interesting post!

post tits or fuck off

cutting satire

kek I dont even disagree with him but he literally says he cant prove his claims, how can anyone take him seriously

>writing a book about Yea Forums memes
Jesus, women are the worst

It’s telling how many threads this board about not reading specific books rather than constructive post

I’ll read it when I can do it without spending any money.

>berg

Good luck.

Oxi, I almost read Zuckerberg as Zuckenberg.
where is my problem

Maybe they’ll have it at my library.

He wasn't. He was pretty liberal for his time. Metamorphoses makes Medea look ultra-fascist. It's completely full of "oh look at this poor woman" type stories of the big mean jerk gods raping them and taking control over there innocent bodies. He thought traditional religion was stupid and Metamorphoses is hundreds of pages of shitting on the gods.

medea was the first pro choice feminist desu

>sexist, patriarchal, and often racist

Imagine writing that as a serious description for anything.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
- George Orwell

What would be more contemporary and worthwhile than that?
Talking about the upcoming election champagne or giving a reinterpretation of a 1950's philosopher? I never understood when anons proclaim that people writing e.g. master thesis about memes is laughable. That topic is more relevant and, in its current instantiation, novel, than almost all others.

Whoa there, fellow Bugs. Easy on the antisemitism.

Attached: bugs.jpg (222x227, 10K)

>literally who is she directing this to? Feminism is definitionally narrow in scope. it's in the fucking name. there is no such thing as men's topics, largely because academic feminism labels them unnecessary or dangerous.
>
>who the fuck is she talking about
Feminism used to be narrow in scope these days its more akin to a religion.

Writing about contemporary things does not mean the author is going to understand or do justice to what they are writing about.

>Easy on the antisemitism.
No.

Attached: 1552667528872.jpg (573x432, 116K)

What's worse, women or jews?

Read Weininger, Jews are women

Jews. Women are supposed to be our allies, but Jews made women our enemies. Incel, MGTOW are Jewish inventions.

Both are perfectly fine if you just avoid them.

Is that "Big Guns" Contrapoints?

criticizing men and bitching about other women

you’re 100% retarded. don’t comment on shit you know nothing about. you’re embarrassing yourself.

Y I K E S

Jews.

>it is ultimately a poem that Ovid intended for his time, not for all time.
[citation needed]

fun fact, the establishment of rome started with rape
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_the_Sabine_Women

'Rape' used to mean abduction. Though the Sabine women probably were raped in the modern sense as well

You have zuckerjew being all "UHHH NO SORRY HE DIDNT SUPPURT YOUR WHITE MALE MISOGNY"
This implies that ancient roman thinkers are actually onions sipping liberals. Like what is the point of this book. If the puas had no idea what ovid meant by his art, zuckerjews stupid sister def doesnt.

Its kind of how liberals and conservatives always project their shitty ideas onto jesus. When Jesus hated the rich and faggots and said his kingdom was in heaven not earth

>upcoming election champagne
Turn off your autocorrect if you ever want to learn to spell you fucking illiterate.

youtube.com/watch?v=846by3LOKlA

some say Jesus brought a sword. pagan me says he brought cuckery hail europa I love Odins cum