Is dwelling on depression a good way of dealing with it? Or am I putting myself in a deeper hole...

Is dwelling on depression a good way of dealing with it? Or am I putting myself in a deeper hole? Just running away from it through video games and media don't work anymore. I've come to the conclusion I can only work on it's sources. I've accepted it, but at the same time I'm even more miserable. What's the right thing to do?!

Attached: 1555672326245.jpg (400x366, 16K)

Meditate. Read Zhuangzi. Either that or read Evagrius Ponticus and double down on it until you push through into apatheia and enlightenment

Force yourself to create. Write. Draw. Compose.

Remember it isn't forever. Don't cling to it when you would be otherwise happy. Or when you are happy acknowledge it. Read some LotR

I want to create, but I'm stuck in the skill development stage, what I want to create takes great skill which I do not currently have.

I've been meditating, just on my bed under my blankets. What will these books do?

>Draw
Have you been to /ic/?

Attached: 1409551548863.jpg (400x286, 21K)

It won't last forever, I hope. I'll remember that. That's true.

>Is dwelling on depression a good way of dealing with it?
As someone who did that, no, don't do that. You get borderline schizophrenic after a while, and you can't go back.

How does that happen? In your words? I think it could happen if I focus on things without working on them, and trying to escape inside my head to try and rationalize things.

Deeper hole.
Pray, work out, read, go out with your friends.
Depression is a thoughtform the more You feed it the stronger it becomes.

Have you tried having sex?

Yes. After a while, sex becomes uncomfortable.

So your solution is to distract myself until it goes away?

i've got life-long bpd from doing this, if i'm not cranked out on the shit i get prescribed i can get really paranoid and anxious but i've been doing better recently(2yrs).

also forgot to add, I dwelled on trauma which in turn led to sadness and then into the hole. The trauma being months old still hit me like a truck then.

There is a way back. CBT.

Attached: 1528858950942.gif (205x221, 2.4M)

So it doesn't get better. I thought if I could understand it I could beat it..

Attached: 1553872363123.png (688x578, 32K)

Thinking too much is the biggest mistake in depression. Thinking in general is not all it's cracked up to be.

What about, thinking, for the sake of doing?

Depression isn't real. Your own judgments are making you miserable.

Perhaps. But I can not change my own judgements. I can only address them.

It's not a way of dealing with it, it's a symptom of it. Depression makes you question your life and dwell. Ruminate.

You can't think your way out of that. You need to renegotiate your relationship to others and the world. Find things that are meaningfully worth pursuing.

Only few cases of doing actually require thinking. If you learn to not think it'll be one of the most helpful things you do for yourself.

Cock and ball torture?

What the hell does it mean to address your judgement? Are you telling me that you can't change your mind on anything?

Yes, since It's a spook.

I can't change my mind on how I want things to be. Anything less is a fake smile. I can only do things that keep my judgement satisfied.. I can't change how I judge things.

Ignorance was bliss, it isn't anymore.

If you're a retarded shallow 12 y.o.

Attached: Negative.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

That's my problem, I've found what's really meaningful to me, work, family, my expression, but I'm miserable during the process of seeking these things. It's unbearable sometimes, obsessive sometimes, and sometimes I just want to shut off.

just keep chugging along . until you see change..and then keep going...until you reach where you want to be.

You know what Yea Forums, I'm starting to feel hopeful. Thank you, sincerely.

Kill yourself.

Attached: What if nothing is real.jpg (617x729, 42K)

Forgive yourself. Allow yourself to be content.
Also

You'd be surprised how simple your needs are. Having someone you like that you cuddle with regularly and care about can do an amazing amount of heavy lifting.

Depression makes it seem like your needs are confusing and complex but they're really not . Everyone requires a few basic needs fulfilled to be generally content with life.

I've discovered what the simple things are but I don't have them. That's where this is all coming from. I'm a child.

There’s value in identifying why you’re sad or mad or whatever. But there’s also a point where you have to tell yourself to stfu and get on with things.

My strategy is the perverse one, of dwelling on horrors others have suffered but I have not, and on crimes I couldn't commit under any circumstance but others do when even luxury doesn't work its usual magic. It lifts my mood to see how much lower chance and character can go.

yeah it'll only last until you die

An Hero before it gets any worse.

based

depression isn't real, libtards.
man up and deal with it. life is unfair. stop being a pussy and grab the tiger by the horns

>he's worried that nobody knows which godforsaken continent he hails from

Attached: свобода равность братство.jpg (600x337, 48K)