Despite how shitty this place can be, it is still way better than r/books

Why is that the case you think?

Attached: 1486519745961.png (640x640, 569K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8rsyln71UQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because this is the fallout shelter for all the armchair philosophers, theologians and mystics who escaped /his/ when /pol/ took it over. That's my guess anyway.

/pol/ tier beliefs are dominant on Yea Forums though.

Because we send faggots like you back there .

You don't though.

The hard, freezing cold nucleus of hate in the bottom of our souls, which fuels everything based Yea Forums has ever done.
Dont lose your Center, Yea Forums! Gnaw at the bones of literature like a furious hungry angry cur. Break them and drink your fill of the narrow!

youtube.com/watch?v=i8rsyln71UQ

If it's in a song, it's true.

The 2 main factors that differentiate plebbit from Yea Forums:
1. Namefagging
2. Up- and down-voting

>despite how awful this dinner is, it's still better than a bowl of fresh dogshit
Thanks, I guess.

Aux armes, citoyens!

it's just as awful as /r/books but more suited to our temperament

Ledditors view books as a recreation equal among the alternatives of watching sitcoms, playing videogames, and following CNN-tier news. The emphasis is on fiction (quality of the plot and characters), and philosophy is an afterthought.

Yea Forumsfags view books as the pillars on which their pseudointellectual identities rest, so the emphasis is on the ideas the books encapsulate; the quality of the characters / plot is an afterthought.

Attached: AA7E4C3E-3E75-4F1C-9BCD-6FC7E043038E.jpg (933x356, 193K)

is that true? because then the redditors are basically right

Because on Reddit you have to pretend to be nice and agree with people to get good boy points. Here you can be a little more honest usually.

Its starting to be like that. /pol/s cancer is starting to spread across other boards, Yea Forums being one of them. This is probably cause of the /fitlit/ trend, where all the retards talking about the upcoming race war ia trying to get fit and be "well read" and intellectual to justify their asinine beliefs whilst not being a neckbeard.

The upvoting/downvoting is the same thing as "based ___" and "/thread" posting.

>/pol/s cancer is starting to spread across other boards,
Are you posting from 2012

Reddit is fucking eerie, even instagram is better

This shit. I'm tired of them coming here for book recs they could fucking google. /pol/tards are the lowest quality posters on the site. The only good /pol/posters are the /n/ friends trying to spread e/n/lightenment to cagers.
does instagram have anything but thott selfies? why the fuck do you use it?

Are you saying /pol/ has completely infested other boards?

People have been saying this since 2012. Kill yourself reddit

it is not at all the same thing. Reddit also has comments saying 'good post' or whatever note of agreement. upvoting and the way that low score posts get hidden, is cancer

Yeah what the fuck is your point you stupid fuck? Do you have anything that would add a modicum of trivial substance to this pointless thread? No? Go back to plebbit, you fag. Look, i called you a redditor!

Weve had masterpieces like Amino or A Walking Aphrodisiac, but Redit aint got shit and its literature board is dead

>redditor froths at the mouth over nothing

You got me.

Eat shit, mongoloid

Imagine being that oblivious to all the layers of irony enabled by shit posting. This is your brain on +1/-1 social networks.

There is no need to provide additional explanations to what is defined from the start: posts on imageboard are anonymous.

If you still don't get the difference, ponder on why le throwaway accounts are a thing.

frog, jezebel, shizzo, butterfly and booktuber posters are the reason

Attached: 1474115412177.jpg (1024x1654, 565K)

>implying all posters only browse a single board or have a main board
You don't do these guys, haha...?

Crime and Punishment.

Because at the end of the day you are allowed to call a faggot a faggot

The reasons have already been mentioned:
>Reddit is heavily moderated and made PC-friendly.
>Good goy points
>Up and down votes
>You can only post by creating an account that gets easily suspended, gets instantly banned on subreddits and easily causes you to fall victim to redditmob mentality.
>Reddit culture which consists of applauding and praising even the most bullshit stuff because of good goy points.

>someone doesn't like your post
>they go back through entire comment history to throw shade at you

You can do that all day anywhere. Only here you can call everyone a faggot, including yourself, a true faggot.

You can't do that on reddit without getting instantly banned on most subreddits.

What? They CAN'T DO THAT, can they?!

/r/books is the Yea Forums version of Yea Forums. There are a couple subreddits that specialize more with literature

3. reddit is the largest advertising platform on the internet

hiro could only dream of getting the adbux that reddit generates

Incel molecules. When you browse Yea Forums, your body produces incel molecules, entrancing you with pseud bliss.

Because the upboat, downbootie system makes shitty opinions float to the top like the lard chunks in your granny's stew. Always sort by controversial for a good time.

is Yea Forums better than r/askphilosophy though?

Attached: sciop.png (1153x488, 90K)

Because reddit panders to popular vote rather than anything of intrensic value.

That is why its the preffered place of psueds and attention whores and why its the breeding ground of the sad and empty vessels which does nothing but make people think they are smarter than they actually are. Plebbitors are insufferable but all somehow look at themselves as beacons of knowledge and wisdom when in reality they come across as cringey and all they have is a sense of inflated self caused by popular vote which doesnt count for anything of value neither does their opinions go beyond entry tier easily digestable smut. Its a website that rewards people for popular stupidity and silences non conformism (much like fascism).

Please go back.

Probably not. I come to Yea Forums because people make clever jokes and sometimes we learn a thing or two. I think r/askphilosophy is good in quality, but it has no true sense of community.