Gnosticism

Explain Gnosticism.

Any worthwhile books on this?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 36K)

Gnostics still exist. They're called Protestants.

>Mormons

Fixed that for you

Sola fide is the diametric opposite of gnosis.

Read the Nag hammadi library

This plus a healthy dose of the based Elaine Pagels.

Its Christianty uncucked, the way it was meant to be before the catholics sold out to rome and destroyed everything unique about their religion.

It's Christianity cucked in the way the One True Church tried to stop from happening for millennia.

Could you please elaborate? What did they try to stop from happening?

Attached: 6e6UFLc.png (1400x2700, 584K)

The demiurge made me an incel. Fuck the Demiurge.

Attached: Pop Culture is Walking Satire.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Gnosticism preexist Christianity, and It's theology makes everything that makes Christianity different from other religions moot. Since st Augustine keeping them out has been a priority.

Attached: 4a2e1c399aad82425564c25dd8fcb9bc6ed0746e550540f49697049062f20663.png (1400x2700, 769K)

A group of several religious movements in the first few centuries AD. Common beliefs include:
–The material world is flawed
–It was created by the demiurge, an ignorant being that believes it's God
–Humans spirits are trapped in the world by the demiurge
–The demiurge was inadvertantly created by Sophia, an emmanation of God
–Achieving gnosis (spiritual knowledge) liberates one from the physical and re-unites one with God
–Jesus was sent by God to teach gnosis to humanity

Attached: gnosis.png (2412x1995, 215K)

Gnosticism is just woke christianity. Too bad catholicism would prefer to close its doors to wokeness like they close their eyes to pedophilia within their ranks.

An excuse to be a degenerate while putting the blame on God.

Attached: The_Triumph_Of_Christianity_Over_Paganism.Gustave_Doré.jpg (991x1535, 695K)

A goddess shidded out a lion....

And then...it all went to pot my friend....

hmmmmm

my own personal feeling is that the perceived split between spirit and material has fucked the word extremely hard and it has yet to recover

it's a cuck philosophy about hating life and living miserably, banking on that you will "eventually" reach the "ideal" world

This

>on God.

The Creator is precisely not God.

retard/degenerate

>I wanna kill god because muh freedom
Cringe and hellpilled

>gnostics blame god
>gnostics do not blame god
>reeeeEEEEE

The essence of it doesn't change.

>demiurge is god
Christians...

Sounds like Scientology.

No one in this thread understands Gnosticism.

It’s a weird suggestion, but if you want to understand Gnosticism (understand it more, at least), try to understand or study
>Neoplatonism
>Sufism
>Buddhism
>”Fourth Way” literature (Gurdjieff and Ouspensky), itself heavily influenced by Gurdjieff’s learning from Naqshbandi Sufis

This isn’t to say all these traditions are equivalent to or the same as Gnosticism.

You can throw in Jung, too, as well as a study/overview of Western esotericism, such as Freemasonry, Kabbalah, Rosicrucianism, alchemy, etc. Manly P. Hall gives a great overview.