Is the success of Marvel at the roots of Nietszches overman in a jungian sense?

Is the success of Marvel at the roots of Nietszches overman in a jungian sense?

Attached: FD4403D1-2DAA-4547-A81D-018035DF65B0.jpg (1400x1400, 455K)

Can you explain?

The movies are at such a centre of our current entertainment-structure and it seems to mirror the idea of Nietszches call that we need to transform our humanity to super/overhumanity. Are we subcounsciously drawn to those ideas in the form of these movies to digest the idea Big N put out in a more accessible form? Are we preparing ourselves as a society to ”make the leap”?

Attached: 3A25CFD1-1E76-433A-B6DF-9411AC819B76.png (500x775, 463K)

witnessed
blow ot out your ass, capeshit consumer.

It's bait.

I agree that a lot of basedboy hype is this weird kind of hyper-sublimated thirst for transcendence, the way they're so interested in "immersion" and getting sucked into a world only through the portals of force and vidya violence, but no we're not preparing for shit

No it comes from the gratification you get at seeing your stupidest trope-riddled predictions played out with special effects and a weird consumer culture around congratulating you for liking shit.

There's nothing wrong with keeping a passing interest in the MCU, watching movies as they come out with friends and occasionally missing one that might not interest you. Anything can be an unhealthy obsession, but a movie series, of all things, can be enjoyed in moderation

The the success of Marvel is at the roots of Cultural Industry in Adorno's very original sense (understanding).

Doesnt every artwork represent its time in a way tho? I prefer not to view others with an elitistic outlook and focus on the normative audiance flaws. Its difficult to imagine something that speaks to so many and be stupid/useless aint it?

!
Thanks might check this guy out.

To be honest, I don't see this message (overcoming humanity) at all in these movies. They are tapping more into the fantasy of personal agency/power, of control of one's destiny. Sure, the entire planet may be under threat of climate change, political turmoil, nuclear armageddon, overpopulation, but me and my friends can save the world if we work together! The truth is we all have more in common with the extras, the regular people, than with the heroes, and we are subject to forces beyond our individual control.

The succes of marvel is rooted in the average person being stupid.

> to mirror the idea of Nietszches call that we need to transform our humanity to
But they don't they team up and engage in drama because they are humans.
Which alone negates the argument about a Jungian sense Overman.
WTF OP
Are your philosophy levels this weak?

Attached: 1338073239011.jpg (1024x930, 187K)

What is “the act of drama” then? Like what is its function. It “the drama” includes this art (marvel in this case) as its favorite then does it just project from our drame or ourselves? It seems to be an unnecessary metaphor.

If I seem wrong I probably am, maybe you could frame your critique differently?

Can someone explain the hatred of capeshit movies to me?

Why do people hate religion?

Attached: B0230DE4-C00D-437F-8D18-41015DFFA9B0.jpg (247x250, 7K)

Hatred of them is irrational. As is fanatical love of them. You often see one of these two stances taken in response to the other.

You are right user, i fucked up
I missed a punctation mark.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe do not engage in the Jungian Overman. Because in the MCU they team up and engage in petty drama to fill the movies.
I.E The entire of Marvel Civil War(which is muted compared to how bad it was in the comics)
All the scenes where Thor/Quill, Rodgers/Iron Man and a lot of others. Dick measurement is as far as you can get from going towards the Overman.

Attached: 1338074231847.png (212x173, 43K)

Me on the left :3

A superhero is essentially an someone as important and unique as individualism makes individuals out to be.
There's a normal human in this universe who shoots arrows at aliens and robots for god's sake. There's a participation award if there ever was one.

Hollywood blockbusters in general are not art, they are roller coasters in which every turn is calculated, the plot only exists to glue shit together, and the polished picture drapes the ad-hoc frame. People give their money and get the expected experience, that's how the business work, and the competition consists of attracting more people with brighter lights and more gossip. As a side effect, people are trained, as Pavlov's dogs, to react to the same things over and over again, so there is no need now to show something breathtaking, as a thing that is only supposed to be cool already makes people fell that they are expected to consider it cool, and no need for a joke to be funny, as people are used to laugh at a mere sign of a joke.

There is almost zero inspiration in capeshit (despite the ocean of shitty articles in media that is in symbiosis with movie marketing), I think that even the average good anime show may serve as example of doing it properly compared to these movies, let alone the great ones. Then there's a possibility of a discussion this thread is supposed to have. Read “Mafarka the Futurist”, check who its author was, and think what it reminds you of.

Yea Forums is filled with capeshit, hatred of it when you want to discuss real movies is normal