How the FUCK do people read the book of Job and still believe in the Bible?

How the FUCK do people read the book of Job and still believe in the Bible?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M
youtube.com/watch?v=pqPeI7-eVgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sorry, you mean the tanakh? The NT paints a different God than this old Hebrew myth does.

Lmao the nt routinely quotes from the ot and even Jesus praised the ot

Let me help you:

OP's Q: How the FUCK do people read the book of Job and still believe in the Bible?

Me, a scholar: sorry, you mean the tanakh? The NT paints a different God than this old Hebrew myth does.

Infer this:

People might not believe in the tanakh if they read Job. However, the NT contradicts Job. For Job is an old Hebrew Myth, a part of the ketuvim, and literal belief in Job isn't strictly necessary for to believe in the christian bible.

What's your problem with Job?

Becuz aftelaif silly! Lil sufferin nao eternul rewurdz later. DUHHHH!!!!aw2awq21

Attached: dickisalrigt.jpg (214x400, 43K)

I don't have a Job :(

Why the fuck am I still unemployed despite reading it

youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Attached: toxic christianity.jpg (600x1024, 95K)

>christians actually being christians
this will surely trigger the christlarpers here

Jobism is necessary to give a rise for Calvinism to entrench the Catholic's grip on the society. The mistake is to interpret theology anything other than ruthless memetic battle for power in the real.

Stockholm syndrome, basically

seems like pretty good precursor to NT. you need to explain yourself without just baiting, but you probably are just baiting

Elaborate.
The elegant way in which it resolved the problem of evil is one of the most attrattive parts of Christianity once explained correctly.

How was theodicy resolved in the book of Job? I never got the impression it was even trying to solve that question, but that it was correcting common misconceptions about the nature of sin which people used to hold. People used to believe that having bad luck was evidence that you were a bad person.

God litteraly explains It to job after his friends are done talking.

>elegant
ey yey yey

What was his answer? That he doesn't need to explain anything to Job because he's God.

>the majority of the Bible isn't the Bible

This

I agree with *this person* doesn't deserve hate or anger. That righteous anger should be directed against the wicked, twisted """religion""" that inspired it. The principalities of darkness.

basically true, but what i'd add is that "spirits" or "demons" are real, they are sentient memes able to influence physical reality almost exclusively through host bodies, usually human

Why does God focus so much on animals, the weather, geology, space, etc. in His response? Because the point is THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND HUMANS. Everything exists to glorify God, not just humans. Why should God make a boring world with no suffering and no variety? That would display God’s nature, His omnipotence, omniscience, etc. Everything is so balanced, there’s extreme opposites—good and evil, hot and cold, light and dark— and all forms inbetween. All of creation is a huge story with many interesting plots and struggles. The world is the best painting, the best video game, the best movie. The complexity and wonder of the world is so important as it conveys important truths of existence. Who would want to read a story with no conflict?

WHY do you demand that God sacrifice all this just to satisfy the limited perspective from people like you? Are there not people who love God? How could these people exist in a “perfect” world without suffering? Do you not see how shallow and childish your thinking is? Do you really think you can design a better world?

That's all fine and good, but it isn't an answer to theodicy which is what is at question. I think it can be answered in a logical way but it doesn't happen in the book of Job no matter how much you wax poetic on creation.

What ultimate being, the origin of all existence, plans out the world with the one main idea that humans should never experience suffering? How arbitrary is that? It sounds exactly like something a human would dream up if he suddenly had the ability to create a world. Little does he know, he would hate his own creation in a matter of minutes. Evil isn’t a problem until you show that a world without evil is objectively better (especially from God’s perspective)

>l-l-let’s see YOU do better!!!
christlarpers eternally seething

You must have something better in mind. Surely you can design a world that can’t be criticized. I’d like to see you try

>I think it can be answered in a logical way
Not him. Tell me.

I think you're an idiot now. You don't grasp the problem in question so I can't even explain why our world being better because evil exists is not an answer to how evil can logically exist with an all-good God. You keep acting as if I'm an atheist but I'm not. I'm a Christian and I think an answer to this question does exist, but just not Job. I've said this before but you're not listening or you aren't capable of listening. Either way it's grounds for thinking you're an idiot.

Show me what you think a world would look like with an “all-good God”

It comes down to how to what you conceive evil to be. Evil can only make sense as a privation of good so it isn't something that has existence and so there is no contradiction between evil and an all-good God.

>Evil can only make sense as a privation of good
wrong

>Evil isn’t a problem until you show that a world without evil is objectively better (especially from God’s perspective)
Not him. So you're telling me that Evil exists because it makes the world a reality show more interesting from God's perspective?

I can't make any sense of your question.

>Evil can only make sense as a privation of good so it isn't something that has existence and so there is no contradiction between evil and an all-good God.
That’s like saying “bad taste can only make sense as a privation of good taste.” But there is such thing as no taste as well.

The good is that which tends to existence, whereas evil is that which tends to non-existence. Prove me wrong.

Is that what you think makes for interesting conversation?

Job is one of the greatest stories in the bible by far
Read kierkegaard

>"Gird up now they loins like a man, for I will ask thee, and answer thou me"
I wish God would speak to me like that bros

Attached: 1548533895648.png (1016x720, 431K)

It’s not that it’s simply more interesting, but because it fully explores the depths of existence and God’s nature. God can’t be omniscient without a creation to be aware of. ( I don’t believe God has a thinking, perceiving mind unless creation exists).
If evil makes us question God’s goodness, then show me a world in which no one would question God’s goodness, but also in which people love God and know His goodness

This. Some seriously heart-wrenching prose and the story is incredible. I was genuinely moved by Job’s pleas to die

You don't need to make it so complicated as that. What that means is just God's sense of good can be completely incomprehensible to us, so asking him to answer to us and our sense of right and wrong is a meaningless question. We might as well explain ourselves to ants.

Those words were meant for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pqPeI7-eVgc

I used to think the world was a tragedy... but now I know it's a comedy

and I'm going to give God the biggest show he has ever seen

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
LET THE GALAXY BURN

Attached: 03joker-trailer1-articleLarge.png (600x297, 143K)

>to this day, no one has designed a world so great that not a single human on Earth could criticize it

I don't have patience for idiots because people like you don't know how to talk to people and discuss ideas in a non retarded way. Instead of asking me to defend what I put forward you give me bullshit and demand I prove you wrong. It's not even just you, look at this idiot Why am I being asked to show him a world where people wouldn't question God's goodness? Who. the. fuck. knows. People are too used to talking nonsense.

>how could God be real if His values are different than mine????

Attached: 1556143415376.jpg (431x425, 27K)

interesting conversation only makes sense as privation of boring conversation

You seem to think that the existence of evil contradicts God’s goodness. You call this a “problem.” Well, show me a world that’s logical, free from this problem

pretty sure the concept of God as the logical conclusion of the theory of forms prerequisites absolute moral good

if it's not good it's just a strong creator-like being which falls short of the ideal, not the real deal, demiurge at best

I've told you multiple times that I think there's a logical answer to the problem of theodicy, but that the answer isn't found in the book of Job. This is why you can't be talked to.

perhaps a world not chained by the concept of logic? free of the shackles of time and space, from the random and cruel processes of evolution, death, entropy and decay?

billions die every day only to be replaced by a never version, only guided by fornication, the universe is mindless

But you haven’t explained why the Book of Job doesn’t have the answer.

>How the FUCK do people read the book of Job and still not believe in the Bible?

Attached: kierkegaard.png (460x460, 71K)

I have but you are literally too stupid to understand it.

If I was an ant I'd definitely bite some fucker if they poured water on my hill.

based ant sting him on the dick

Just rewards from Just ends. Job never stopped being faithful, and that matters more than any amount ephemeral goods.

>that woman holding all those stuffed animals
That got me dudes. I'm going to go lie down.

Attached: 1554004045478.png (605x451, 331K)

Apes don't deserve better.
However, how can anybody believe in a good God when the meteorite killed the dinosaurs and left the Earth for literal vermin to take over?

Have you never made shit out of clay, found you suck at it and smashed it all, just do try again later?

LOL not chained by logic is so alien, foreign, incomprehensible you literally can't even discuss it, let alone prove its somehow better than God's creation

>christlarpers eternally seething

My sides. But now that I've been forced to put my sandwich down, imagining what a band called that would look like, I must note how obvious a cinch it is, since every little life-hack follows from imagining some sort of improvement on the existing. If God can't do that much, how poorly he must compare to man.

They are right desu.

most people who claim to believe in the Bible have not read the Bible.

BASED!

Attached: hijab cop.jpg (962x1437, 248K)

not a Christian but Job is the only reason I could ever see someone believing in the bible
yikes