Gave up on the publishing industry Pt II

I posted a similar thread about a week ago, and the reaction was positive, so thought I'd do it again since I'm up. I've decided to publish my new novel for free, in ten parts, on Yea Forums.
thought I would have it finished part one by the end of April, but I've still got some proofing to do. should be able to post it soon.
In pic related I formatted the novel to be about 350 words per page, which is more words per page than the average novel, and it turns out it is actually 2,860 pages in that format. though the last 500 or so pages of that are just notes/errata/unfinished ideas
Give me a page number and I'll take a SC and post it.
AMA
I'll also critique anything you're working on.

Attached: kid1000000.jpg (1368x762, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!QoInGCwS!3UosJEfvNXjjCJq5yXSHcwDr6puIayAufxKN7lgHbxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based feistamel; reading amino atm. it's good but you really could use an editor

editors dont work

>2,860 pages
it prob needs to be edited down user nothing personal

There was a silent world, yes – one which existed not in blood & flesh but with words and streams of information. Its requirement for admission demands the loss of anything like a body or physical space, asking you to become only as real as the sounds which you’d hear coming through the television or the radio or the words which pass through the air and dissipate almost instantaneously after being uttered. In this silent world which lacks space, all are neighbors – peers without physical form or surroundings who become continuous participants in one consciousness, sharing experiences and ideas without any hesitation. Whether by one telephonic tendril or by millions of nodes weighed by constant network traffic, they are all connected to one another. Collectively, they form one entity which arises as a powerful signal, emerging from noise like some awesome bird taking flight as its body leaves the surface of a violent & unforgiving torrent of water which migrates across this immense region of electron states, microwaves, magnetic fields, light pulses and thought.

“Each user who logs onto the network will create their own pop-idol which will then be generated by our programs. They’ll experience something uniquely their own and at the same time being part of a community who can share their experiences and their pop-idols. It’s uh… quite exciting, yeah? Better than any videogirl. Soon enough we’ll have visors and physical appendages which extend into the network, you could interact with VirtuaIdol and do practically anything. We’ve already adapted her to the screen. People say they can’t tell a real idol and a VirtuaIdol apart. She’s perfect in every way, and she’s all yours, nobody else.”

what do you mean by this

Attached: 173.jpg (1364x767, 365K)

thank you, user. self publishing is not perfect, but it's all most of us have left. an editor is something I am forced to do without at this point

How many of these nearly three-thousand pages involve unsubtle testicle innuendo?

I'll use my name for this post
That's actually really amazing prose, user. If I read that within something conceptual (sci-fi?) it would blow my mind. I can't even suggest anything, but it's so good. What else do you got? post more

a lot, desu
give me a page number and there's a solid chance you'll hit on another one just at random

I'm scared, but here goes... 1,666

I don't like the unholy connotations, but I'll share it for you

Attached: 1666.jpg (1364x767, 315K)

What is this book about?

2831. Let's see what the last parts of your story look like.

>2860 pages
>350 words per page

This is why you can't get published, you have no quality control. I guarantee at least 50% of your novel is utterly pointless and adds nothing to whatever story you're trying to tell. Even an editor couldn't help you with that shit, you're just masturbating onto the page

if you read my OP you would know the last 500 pages are just random notes, ideas, etc. probably none of it will go anywhere. but since you asked

Attached: 2831.jpg (1435x722, 278K)

thank you :)

June pulled Susie’s hands towards the buttons on her fur coat, inviting her to pull them apart and do away with the synthetic strands of hair which fell onto the mud. The fabric stretched into impossible shapes as lust took them to tumble into the trash, aluminum containers cutting up holes & tears into the grey tattered cloth revealed from underneath all that fur. Susie’s hands felt at the arms, her fingers locking with June’s as a mouth found the nape of a neck and blood began to surge into June’s head and she struggled & fought as Susie’s weight shifted onto her and her hips & legs pressed into her & the hands held down her limbs as color drained from June’s face & those same fingers squeezed into her throat & pried at the shirt before squeezing into the soft flesh of her breasts and her teeth revealed themselves from her open mouth and hot breath accompanied the hoarse rattle at the back of her throat as lips kissed & licked at her ears… but it’s hatred she feels, hot rage filling her chest as tongues lapped at her lips, sugary sweet and hands pressing into her body… a sickness threatening to spill from her mouth when she thinks of her body, stripped & shamed, its hair and blood exposed to the naked eyes of someone like Susie who would only covet its liquid & bite into its surfaces like a hungry hippo, reckless abandon as it savored the bitter acid swelling into her groin & deliriously drunk on the redness of her cheeks & the lips & the… but Susie’s kisses were so sweet, so innocent even as she continued to grope at her chest & sucked on her earlobes ‘n only now does June meet that lustful gaze which perverted itself even further with the expression of sadness & fear on Susie’s face… there was only silence, self-doubting creeping into the parts of June’s brain which had previously found themselves atrophied by habits shocking to even the most devout monk. What would she think, what would anyone think if she only just laid there passively – waiting for the other to use her like an object, an animate vessel used as a tool to realize someone else’s lust and fantasy?

Even though June’s loving hands would direct them towards the spot that hurt the most, “go on, fuck me” they might hear in their heads, fear of what they might find deeper underneath the shame & pubic hair made even the most chaste kiss neurotic & tense. To make herself the object, on stage and in the privacy of some else’s bedroom, let her push it all away – commodify & sell it, perform it for everyone to consume & use up… to strip it of its transformative power, because we might not like what it would turn ourselves into… destroying our boundaries, erasing the images & signs from our head and confronting our own beastly form which yearns to be mutilated.

Can't quell the Feistamel

*almost immediately

This. I am absolutely flabbergasted at how a human being could think that any story requires almost 3000 pages to be told. The entire history of the world would probably clock in somewhere around the 2500 page mark. What on earth could be so important that this man spent 2860 pages going on and on about it? Did he ever at one point stop, look back, and question what he had written, or did he just keep going? How could there possibly be any coherency or continuity in there? Who in their right would look at this and say, "2860 pages, huh? Well, looks like I'm in for a treat." I am so confused. Why did you do this, Luke? Why? What was the theme of it all?

here's a book I published that's much shorter
mega.nz/#!QoInGCwS!3UosJEfvNXjjCJq5yXSHcwDr6puIayAufxKN7lgHbxo
you can read it for free
I've written many books. none of them have gotten published. everyone who reads them, likes them. maybe they're lying, I don't konw. but it seems weird that no publisher will publish them. they're not shit, desu
I wrote a really long book for a few reasons, but mainly because when I'm reading a book I like, I don't want it to end. I never wanted the Magic Mountain to end. it made me feel so peaceful, and helped me escape everything bad in my life. I could say the same for War and Peace, Brother's Karamazon, IJ, and even more books. I appreciate your comment. it does mean a lot to me. but you maybe don't know that I can, and have, written shorter books, but specifically wanted to write a really long book because I hope it will make other people feel the way I felt when I read really long books. hope that helps, and I'm trying not to be a jerk. I really do understand what you're saying and do appreciate it

Attached: thecallofthefeistamel.gif (250x248, 505K)

a damn fine grasp of prose. I can tell you've been writing for a while to have developed this style. that really is your strong point.
my only comments would be to anchor this onto something the reader really wants to know more about (and I don't know that context, maybe it already is). And I would also say to avoid sex, in general, unless it's for a joke. unless you are writing erotica. but if you're writing lit, try to avoid sex descriptions

lel

Fair enough. There are all sorts of reasons why you might not be published, some to do with you, some to do with the industry. Have you ever got any feedback from publishers because if you have you should listen to it, they really do know more than you, and it can help, not just in trying to get published, but in your writing more generally. Same with an agent, they can really help, and as much of a con as it is, you're not getting published if you don't have an agent.

Just don't ever send them your 2860 page novel, you'll probably get blacklisted for being a crazy person

Dont fucking use times new roman, thats for journalists

I have a degree in English and have actually worked in the publishing industry as an proofreader. I do understand how it works. To answer your question: no. No one I've ever sent any of query letters to has ever responded with more than a form rejection letter. and most don't even respond. it used to be, when I was younger, in the early 2000's, you would mail it, and send an SASE along with it, and they still never gave me any feedback. so this has been going on for almost 20 years now. but a lot of people have read my worked and loved it. also, ask yourself, what has been published in the last ten years (in America, I'm American and can't speak for other countries) that could ever even be cannon? they force this SJW whatever as lit, but it's always boring and pseud. the publishing industry died long ago

my fault for saying this was already formatted. when I do actually format a novel, I don't use times new roman. it's just my default I write in. but good comment, you are spot on

Hey Feistamel. I'm the "nigger monologue" guy from the last thread. You inspired me, so I decided to name one of the most important characters in my novel after you. It just so happens that the name Feistamel sounds vaguely Spanish, Italian, and German all at once, which is perfect for this character. I have no idea what the actual origin of your name is, though. If you prefer your name not to be associated with my writing, let me know and I'll change his name. I would appreciate a critique of this short relevant passage. For reference, this is maybe the fourth or fifth chapter of the book.

Attached: feistamel sample.png (761x755, 64K)

how many pages is the GOT series? I said I would post it (for free) as 10 books. unlike most writers, I just wrote all of it first

can't quell the feistamel

I love this. The complex sentences, and the clauses you're using, which are poetic to me, are fantastic. This is exactly what I love to read. And the way you get so in depth with description is amazing. Maybe I'm wrong, but most Yea Forumstards can't understand how a good description pulls you in and makes you forget yourself. This is what I want to read. And this is exactly what is not being published. This is why I really hate the publishing industry.
I like how you've used my name. It is German. Good guess. The original German was Feisthammel. They changed it to be more English at Ellis island. the bad guys won WWII etc.

i could easily read 2k pages of that stuff.

>2860 pages
But why? I do freelancing editing and wouldn't be opposed to helping out people on this site for free, since it would be cool to see a few people succeed, but that's just way too massive of an undertaking for anyone but the most masochistic of editors.

>mainly because when I'm reading a book I like, I don't want it to end. I never wanted the Magic Mountain to end. it made me feel so peaceful, and helped me escape everything bad in my life.

Fucking this. I've read some 1k pages books and i know exactly what you mean

Hey, Luke what do you think about the new wave of writers, like the guy who posted his novel here yesterday. A Walking Aphrodisiac