Suicide

The ultimate act of rebellion or the ultimate act of cowardice?

Attached: Suicide_1877-81.jpg (2024x1751, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!9NggAa5I!6UHNJlaN-eIbv0T5ya9Pr7iKthr6nRc0J5XAh8KN8lY
2arms1head.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ya its based do it OP

Depends on the circumstances and the individual

The ultimate act of autism.

Cowardice, the only exception, Yukio Mishima

Attached: 3B146967-1E9C-49A0-85A3-795A73059F11.jpg (500x683, 89K)

it's pathetic

This. It can be either one and in some cases, both.

you mean the guy that got laughed at because of his autism so he went to the back room and killed himself

the ultimate cringe

This. The act of rebellion lies in pursuing a glorious life and not succumbing to mediocrity and the eventual death.

Weininger holds the title for the most cringe suicide

If you're not doing it for a particular reason, a particular letdown, particular deficiency, but doing it as an affirmative act then it can be valid. Very few people with everything going for them, emotionally and psychologically, are going to make that choice as as a defiant act of self-affirmation and free will though.

There needs to be a suicide service implemented to kill off useless men that are a burden on society. People who are too scared to do it themselves could pay the government to kill them. A step in the right direction.

>October Weininger was found mortally wounded, having shot himself in the chest.
cringe, sounds like he hesitated last second

Everything is meaningless, including suicide. It's not cowardly or rebellious. Who cares what people will think of you after you're long gone?

Attached: 52B694A1-97B8-43FE-A0C8-6A9C21DCD0DC.jpg (464x713, 23K)

>His speech was intended to inspire a coup d'état to restore the power of the emperor. He succeeded only in irritating the soldiers, and was mocked and jeered. He finished his planned speech after a few minutes, returned to the commandant's office and performed seppuku. The assisting kaishakunin duty at the end of this ritual (to decapitate Mishima) had been assigned to Tatenokai member Masakatsu Morita, who was unable to properly perform the task. After three failed attempts at severing Mishima's head, he allowed another Tatenokai member, Hiroyasu Koga, to behead Mishima. Morita then knelt and stabbed himself in the abdomen and Koga again performed the kaishakunin duty

retard japanese coudent even finish the ritual fucking lmao

>rebellion
>cowardice
Why does suicide have to relate to the outside world? There is only one really serious philosophical problem, and that's suicide. Every day we are forced to create meaning to keep us alive.

Attached: Can life have meaning.jpg (930x875, 111K)

Lmao, you win

Attached: 7D5CE74B-5B52-4D7A-B800-B14AC5D5E973.jpg (990x1063, 319K)

Goddammit, I actually read this from left to right and ya fuckin' got me, fucker.

>he became proudly and enthusiastically a Protestant
this is way more cringe desu

cioran was a pussy

Part One, Page 50

Attached: image.png (2048x1536, 349K)

Oh, so shitting yourself is rebellion?

No.
Your life belongs to God. Suicide is the one sin he will never forgive.

It doesn't have to be rebellion or cowardice. It's the decision of an autonomous agent to end THEIR own life, because it is theirs. Anyone who says otherwise is a tyrant who wants to own other people.

Anything is rebellion to the handicapped

Brainlet.

It depends on the motive

Individualism and personal rights are unironically a myth

Haha

ummm sauce??

>determinism and humanity lacking personal autonomy are unironically myths

uh oh, looks like now i win, fren :)

A Walking Aphrodisiac, heres the pdf

mega.nz/#!9NggAa5I!6UHNJlaN-eIbv0T5ya9Pr7iKthr6nRc0J5XAh8KN8lY

Based

Cringe

I wasn't trying to be cheeky, just saying what I thought. I doubt this is going to turn into a rational discourse so I guess you have your opinions and I have mine, which is alright with me.

The act itself is utterly meaningless, the intention is what makes it this or that.

This

Must it be one or the other? Some people have already left the planet on a mental level. For them, the gesture itself doesn't mean much.

Depends. If you take the cancer of this world with you (eg. politicians, bankers, manipulating journalists) it's an act of rebellion and heroism. If you only take out yourself because you're a pussy who can't take it anymore, it's cowardice.

tell that to someone who's committed suicide

Would you kill yourself in this situation?

2arms1head.com/

Not the ultimate anything. It's how the gene pool gets rid of waste.

a*glo?

Lol what a fag you are

Yes, now kill yourself

That would depend on the context.
I think 99% of the time it's based on a misunderstanding about death as being an actual escape route with implied survival in another form, be it in legend or an afterlife, and 1% of the time it's a substitute anaesthetic.

Althouh you could argue most impuslive suicides driven by emotion are also substitute anaesthetics, with the mind being so overwhelmed by feeling that the hereafter is never considered or imagined.

To paraphrase NBC's Hannibal, death is a punctuation mark, not a sentence.

both?

If you're gonna kill yourself, at least kill the people you're mad at first.

>that thinning hair

Is that the real reason he offed himself?

He's a man not a lady, real men don't give a fuck about their hair.

Read Camus.

hes a man no doubt just took his life at the wrong time tbfh

Love mishima but his suicide is extremely pathetic

t. genetic waste.

Attached: triggered3.png (397x400, 335K)

Absolute cowardice and brainletism, unless you're doing it to achieve some wider goal (kamikazee, soldier farmer, etc), then it's sacrifice and the peak of nobility.

fpbp as usual
dont forget to stream it

That didn't happen though its on film you dumb faggot
Nobody could hear what he said because of the sirens and all the noise

Suicide that is enacted for the ultimate purpose of fulfilling a heroic task, and/or for preserving one's, or a collective's, honour, constitutes noble martyrdom.

Suicide that is enacted for the ultimate purpose of bringing finality to one's spiritual struggle/suffering, constitutes a waste of life, and ignoble contentedness with subordinating one's life to fallenness.

Suicide that is enacted for the ultimate purpose of bringing finality to one's permanently impaired psykhe, constitutes optimization of Life.

Makes my mommy sad so I won't do it

And then we can turn them into nutritious crackers to deal with food shortage.

this thought has kept me alive for many years

same

Attached: 1532125859619.jpg (482x427, 61K)

me too mates. I'm probably gonna kms at 40

Yes...

Attached: 1556183101552.jpg (512x279, 39K)

this doesent concern me i plan on doing it when i move out for college

Sure you are. All hail this edgy motherfucker.

>where do you see yourself in five years?
>dead and rotting
why people keep asking this?
how can answer that without rising concern?
for all intents and purposes I surpassed my life expectancy. I was sure I would kill myself not long after I turned 25. Now I'm almost 30 and I find myself making the same question again...

why do you say it so nonchalantly, makes me worried

but he did sudoku because honor and that makes it okay

Completely dependent on circumstance. Usually cowardness, but take the Buddhist monk in Vietnam for instance who set himself on fire as means of protest and caused an upheaval in the government as a result. It’s hard to look at that and say what he did was cowardly.

some people have horrible mothers

Yes

came here to post this. mishifags btfo forever. a homosexual can't do anything right.