Attached: 10357575.jpg (318x453, 29K)

Because it’s not worth the time.

because of the shitty cover

>NOGGAWHAT
You have a point honestly

Attached: 1.png (685x115, 22K)

reading murakami is perhaps the gayest thing ive ever done

Ah fuck, now what am I going to do with this fucking copy

Attached: 4042507A-60BA-4728-85ED-0F0D6FC36258.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

Atop buying so many books.

It is 200 or so pages of so-so story with 700 pages of filler, most of it just adds nothing to the story, it just fills pages.

Cute hand

>black
Not Yea Forums

>IQ84
It's written in the title user

It's not nearly as bad as this board makes it out to be, plus you can probably finish it in under a week, it's a pretty quick read

Boring

Because Murakami's writing is painfully formulaic, but more damningly, his bullshit magical realist stuff is nothing more than a crutch to avoid doing anything of interest. Remember the end of A Wild Sheep Chase where the two guys sit next to each other and the antagonist says something like 'I'd rather just sit here and drink a quiet beer with a friend than worry about the big questions'? Well that's the central conflict of Murakami's writing as a whole, and it's irritating. If you don't wanna engage with the 'Big Questions', fine, but don't gesture at all this complex thematic stuff (which is left unexplored), just stick to writing fun Japanese comfy shit, which he's good at. Least that was always my problem with him.

The third book repeats a lot of stuff from the first two, demotes Aomame into being a useless character and wraps the whole thing up with a flat deus ex machina.
Murakami clearly has something to say about organized religion but 1300 pages later you still don't have much of a clue as to what that could be.

Read it. Only faggots would not read something because some Yea Forumstard says it's gay.

This. Ive read Kafka on the Shore and Windup Bird and what the fuck. How does anyone think this guy is a respectable author, or even knows what he's doing. I can't even picture him making toast without messing it all up and fucking his cats

i actually liked it a lot. not perfect, but it had a lot of really eerie moments and scenes that helped to build a creepy/interesting ambience. i like that everything wasn't explained/drawn out in detail. i do think he could have done more with the ideas that had substance and less with the filler, but i don't agree it was majority filler

I haven't read this yet, but Kafka on the shore was a great read for me.

Personally, I found everything Murakami had written - prior to IQ84 - to have some defensible claims to artistic merit. That's why I hated it. His usual tropes were still amusing but they weren't enough to sell it to me.
>a "was it rape?" scene
>a woman who disappears
>the Horrible Man
etc.

I stopped reading him after it came out because it just wasn't fun anymore.

Thanks
Agreed. Based.
I will find you and fucking murder your entire family, and sniff your girl cousins, mothers, sisters and aunts panties

*Stop, fucking illiterate swine and no

I liked it a lot, but I still admit it is a flawed book with bad pacing, his usually omnipresent themes and characters and unsatisfying ending.

Still it was worth my time.

The ending.

Based black man