Buy a physical copy of a book

>buy a physical copy of a book
>takes me almost two weeks to a month to finish it
>download an ebook for my kindle of the same length
>Speed through it within days at best
Any one else go through this? Before I got my Kindle I thought the opposite would happen.

Attached: 1521076987508.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthland.time.com/2012/03/14/do-e-books-impair-memory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've had that happen before but I've also had the opposite happen too. I think the biggest thing increasing my kindle speed is how many books I have on it and the fact that it seems less like I'll be able to pick up and remember an epub than an actual book.

*After a period of not reading it while reading other things

It's easier to get into a book reading it at night on a screen

>user makes a book sound great
>welp adding that to my backlog
>might as well check to see if there's an epub floating around
>convert, put on kindle
>guess I'll check out the first page see what the hype is all about
>5 hours/250 pages later
>hmm guess I can finish this tomorrow
I don't really get it either, it's not like I don't have dozens of unread paperback classics lying around.

Harder to digest physical books but there is more substance to them. They have fiber and lignin about them. They're better absorbed. You wouldn't understand.

Retention is shite if you read ebooks.

i put bbq on mine for the taste

fuck i need a kindle

I read books the fastest by far if I check them out from a library and I have a soft deadline to read it. Stupid but it does work. (Though not with anything above 600 pages or so.)

No that actually makes some sense.

Is there any proof of this?

I guess it‘s about you seeing how little time there‘s actually left for reading it instead of looking at an almost unsurmountable heap of pages left to turn.

The infinite scrolling feature also makes it feel like i‘m really just reading a long article instead of a whole book. And since i usually read an article in one go, that‘s often what i end up doing with books too.
I have all my books on my kindle app on my phone. I always have it with me, so i can just keep reading at every moment. I‘m never without my books and i can use all those minutes waiting in line or what not to go back to reading.
The ebooks are also cheaper and i don‘t have to wait for them to be delivered. Which greatly increases the chance for me to just buy and read it.
It‘s also very convenient that if i feel intrigued by a book, i can read it then and there. If i had to wait a week for it to get delivered, i‘d already moved on and turned to new thoughts. This way the books is always there the exact moment i need it‘s informations.
I wouldn‘t want it any other way. God bless kindle.

You might say that you “zoomed” through it, eh?

Related, a lot of libraries have an app that will let you check out ebooks and audiobooks on your phone. Worth checking out.

where do you search for ebooks?

Either or pirated off IRC. Google "how to get books from irc" and the first link should be a guide on how to set it up. I also search libgen.io. For old books that are in the public domain, Gutenberg has epub versions, and the Apple Books store should have them for free as well (although one thing to note is that they have to use public domain translations as well).

healthland.time.com/2012/03/14/do-e-books-impair-memory/

Thanks
Z-Library seems good too

I've been borrowing the same 20-30 books over and over at the library for years and I haven't finished them.

Does anyone know where I can find "Blood Orchid: an unnatural history of America" by Charles Bowden?

Looked everywhere.

>inb4 buy it

I probably will have to, soon.

rip it if you do

>buy physical book
>it has a shitty cover design
>the only good cover design is the first edition
>first edition costs thousands of units of currency
fucking why

The opposite happens to me. Physical books are way faster because the physical indication of progress coaxes me along.

Saves a TON of money if you read a lot. Thank God for libgen.io

ive noticed differences but retention isnt one

if lads are quadrupling their reading speed it could be