Profession

Is there anything more monstrous than the need to engage in labor? I've graduated from college, and worked a couple jobs, underpaidedly admittedly, and have fallen into the habitual track of spending all my free moments worrying over further education and long term career path and salary, salary, salary; it is also so tiresome, so loathesome, so woeful. I want to be established to begin with: I want my comfortable home and my comfortable salary and my comfortable expertise, my hobbies and my library and my wife and my children, all the orbiting bodies of a satisfied middle age...why must I climb my way up? But I know, I know, I know (o woe!) the alternative, I have seen it hundreds of times in hundreds of faces, that alternative being abject poverty, chagrinned failure, maladaptive modality, a stumblingly sputteringly dysphoric fall from the light of the world.

Attached: 1548196112772.jpg (959x1280, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

primitivism.com/abolition.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>abject poverty, chagrinned failure, maladaptive modality, a stumblingly sputteringly dysphoric fall from the light of the world.
op pls get off my case

I recently took up Buddhism OP, freeing yourself from your cravings and desires by realizing that they are the cause of all your suffering truly makes one feel better about life. If you have goals seek to do them out of compassion for others not for money or power or any of the things western society tricks us into thinking we need. By freeing yourself of desires and living in the present you can achieve true happiness

obligatory chart for any mention of Buddhism

Attached: buddhism chart.jpg (2712x5224, 3.67M)

lmao the American hippie strikes again with the same recycled chart. I'm sure your a true Buddhist considering you "took it up" without a guru living in a western country, reading books in translation. What a joke.

not him

Attached: (You).png (1325x101, 10K)

I'll stick to my Schopenhauer, thank you.

pessimism-pilled

cringe

primitivism.com/abolition.htm
"No one should ever work.

Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world. Almost any evil you'd care to name comes from working or from living in a world designed for work. In order to stop suffering, we have to stop working.

That doesn't mean we have to stop doing things. It does mean creating a new way of life based on play; in other words, a *ludic* conviviality, commensality, and maybe even art. There is more to play than child's play, as worthy as that is. I call for a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance. Play isn't passive. Doubtless we all need a lot more time for sheer sloth and slack than we ever enjoy now, regardless of income or occupation, but once recovered from employment-induced exhaustion nearly all of us want to act. Oblomovism and Stakhanovism are two sides of the same debased coin.

The ludic life is totally incompatible with existing reality. So much the worse for "reality," the gravity hole that sucks the vitality from the little in life that still distinguishes it from mere survival. Curiously -- or maybe not -- all the old ideologies are conservative because they believe in work. Some of them, like Marxism and most brands of anarchism, believe in work all the more fiercely because they believe in so little else."

haahahahaha the west is so fucked

every western city is now a commuter hub for non-westerners

hahahahaha europe and north america literally fucking destroyed themselves as societies because of a self-flagellating guilt complex roleplay game

based and NEETpilled

It's literally all H*tler's fault

Attached: Revelry.jpg (663x715, 151K)

i feel like that person in OP pic when i read in public

No. You know that you are more capable than you have lived up to. No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
>If you have goals seek to do them out of compassion for others not for money or power
I am already in a helping profession and everything I pursue is more of the same. The more power I accumulate, the more good I can do, and the greater my wealth, the greater my health, the greater the health of my clients. There is a noblesse oblige in intelligence and to fail to put it to use is a sin.
I sympathize with the man but his oeuvre is insufficient.
This is unrealistic. There is nothing more pathetically privileged than turning your nose up to the realities of living in favor of dimly abstracted idealities; what you have posted is not just impractical but impracticable.
Cope. Do you not have the manhood to suffer nobly?

Hey OP I thought you were the Schopenhauer guy at first so I didn't bother to make this point, but the guy tryna pitch Buddhism to you is a neophyte and got multiple things wrong just in that post alone. However, his heart is in the right place, and (now that it's already been brought up) I do recommend exploring it, with that chart posted previously. It is fascinating, and the practices really do affect positive change in one's life.

Having more immigrants is the least problematic part of capitalist globalism

Join a monetary.

What is my goal and what efforts must I expend to reach it? Without motivation there is nothing

do you live around immigrants though, and i mean the type of immigrants that people complain about

look! The "if you dont have a guruand read the text in the original language then youre a fraud, buddhism popularized for a western audience isnt genuine, if youre a westerner practicing eastern philosophy your a new age hippie faggot" faggot!

We dont have to be unrealistic about it. we can live in public housing projects, get welfare or UBI (whichever comes first) and focus on writing or art or smoking crack in public. There can be no innovation so long as all of our energy is being put towards increasing GDP. The modern wage worker has lost his accursed share. The only thing that's inevitable is eating and shitting and dying. the rest is up for grabs. Thinking your life as a wage worker means fucking anything to the world is unrealistic.

I got a basic job with no college degree, I'm living with my mom for a couple years saving every penny I have and then buying a small piece of land 20 min out in the countryside and bulding a small home on top of it. Can be done cheaply if you're willing to make sacrifices. Once I have a comfy place to live without paying rent or mortgage pretty much 80% of all expenses in my lifetime is done. From there I'm just going to work part time jobs, painting, reading, writing, and traveling until I die, my needs are extremely minimal so I'll actually save as much money doing this as most would working a full time job in the city. I'm doing whatever the fuck I can to escape wage slavery. I study architecture and my dad is a contractor so it'll be easier for me than most

Attached: ajr7l5e62u421.jpg (1080x1350, 459K)

Based me2 :)
Read The Contrary Farmer by Gene Logsdon. It's a quick and fast paced read and he's a really swell guy.

This is why I wanted to become a priest at one point.

Attached: 1527438056534.png (642x705, 303K)