You believe in free will = you are wrong and retarded

you believe in free will = you are wrong and retarded

Attached: 110.png (554x400, 868K)

How can I be wrong and retarded then, both of these concepts imply having agency of free will to make wrong and retarded choices

Attached: pepedab.gif (524x399, 53K)

thank based science man

even if so what does it change

you dont
you were born a dumb fuck determined by chemicals to reply with a dabbing gif pepe

Attached: tenor.gif (288x284, 3.5M)

Being a low iq retard is compatable with determinism, but conceptions of right and wrong/moral statements aren't. (Ham Sarris book didn't convince me)

But my brain was programmed to believe in free will. I had no choice in it

Read De Consolatione Philosophiae, brainlet

What are you going to do about it? Choose to disagree with.me?

you cant seriously think is a good argument

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood....

Well, we'd have to delve into your definition of morality to elucidate that. If morality isn't universal, but is a strategy produced by the nature of the valuing agent(s), then it is compatible with determinism.

Your nature also brought you to this board and thread, so you're probably more likely to alter your assumptions in light of new info than most.

I dont need an argument, i have no free will, remember?

whether you have a good argument or not(or 'need' one) has nothing to do with free will

I will now exercise my free will and call you a ginormous faggot and I will take it even further by calling you a brianlet.

Now what?

Existence precedes essence. So the true retarded is you, OP.

i don't believe in free will and can't do anything about it

Determinism is a slave belief created to avoid responsibility and taking risks.

You really are an npc.
Give us the hierarchy of patterns, genius.

free will is itself a meaningless term

Circular reasoning: the post.

It's the ability to choose from options and to ignore them.

woah a pair of dice can do that, you're an amazing thinker user

...have you even finished high school?

We can use the dice to do that - for us. They are only usable by perceivers. Much like 'options'. Perception is a real thing among things. So is choice and 'free will'.
Just because we go through mind control institutions such as the public school system does not mean there is no freedom.

>amazing
Nothing is amazing if it's a passive event among others.

perception is shaped by the desires and expectations of the observer the question is how does "freewill" influence your choice in setting your goals

Proof of the minimal free-will thesis

1.With respect to the free-will issue, we should refrain from believing falsehoods. (premise)
2.Whatever should be done can be done. (premise)
3.If determinism is true, then whatever can be done, is done. (premise)
4.I believe MFT. (premise)
5.With respect to the free-will issue, we can refrain from believing falsehoods. (from 1,2)
6.If determinism is true, then with respect to the free will issue, we refrain from believing falsehoods. (from 3,5)
7.If determinism is true, then MFT is true. (from 6,4)
8.MFT is true. (from 7)

MFT is Minimal Free-will Thesis

>perception is shaped by the desires and expectations
Yes, it has a shape. However, it has functions. Perception also shapes the physical world. You can read on double slit experiment for more on this. Essentially it would seem that the world around us is _akin to_ a video game being rendered from the pool of physical possibilities. Perception does not choose what comes out (maybe), but it does choose when. Perception moves things from randomness to absolutes. That's a rather interesting mechanism, wouldn't you say?
>the question is how does "freewill" influence your choice in setting your goals
Only a thing when there are multiple options. Morality for example is a very difficult set of choices only available to free men.

Determinism is false, even among simpler patterns, such as physics.