Keep this man away from any future MCU instalments please

Keep this man away from any future MCU instalments please

Attached: 1651837530953.jpg (1712x2392, 3.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HWHcbMXX20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Power Pack director confirmed.

No, give him more. He should make atleast one more movie in the supernatural corner of the MCU, maybe Man Thing or Mudnight Sons.

THIS IS WHAT YOU CHUDCELS GET FOR PUTTING NAZI MEMES IN THE CLASSIC RAIMI SPIDER-MAN MOVIES, MAKING UNCLE BEN INTO SOME RACIST NAZI, CALLING PETER PARKER "THE HUMAN HOLOCAUST", YOU PISSED RAIMI OFF AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GET, GJ FUCKTARDS

He didn't write the movie.

This but unironically

Serves us right for naming him after something that never happened. Our sincerest apologies to Mr. Raimi.

When was the last time you enjoyed how a scene was constructed in a MCU flick?We're lucky we got so much Raimi in this

Attached: 1651807324910.png (924x536, 425.01K)

Rami STILL torturing Bruce Campbell with slapstick after all these years was my favourite moment in any marvel movie ever.

Yeah if you have any grievances with how the film in general or Wanda was written blame Michael Waldron. Raimi directed the hell out of the thing.

where did that meme come from, anyway?

The problem with the film was the usual MCU schlock. It’s clear the mouse was keeping him in chains; RELEASE HIM.

I think Raimi did pretty well putting his stamp on it considering that, ultimately, he was still tasked with producing a PG-13 popcorn blockbuster. Remember that Derrickson left because Disney wouldn't let him make the movie he truly wanted - he pushed for an outright horror movie with extremely dark, psychedelic visuals that had Strange and Wanda facing off against Nightmare.

Attached: Doctor_Strange_Vol_2_60.jpg (640x983, 248.51K)

he was too based for the rape rodent

Attached: 1642157956596.jpg (526x473, 37.4K)

It spiraled out of people misquoting the wrestling scene from the first movie

You ever wonder if Raimi still insists on handling the props himself for those scenes?

Can you blame them though? These movies cost a fortune to produce, they're not going to hand him a $200m production budget to make a pseudo-artsy, bleak horror movie that would almost certainly be a disaster with audiences.

I can and do blame them you goddamn shill, get the fuck off my board and farm somewhere else for silver pieces

>he didn't write it
>he barley directed it cause most of his stuff is reshoots
blame the Reddit and Memey writer also Fagie

Derrickson wanted to go darker with the first movie based on the various things I've heard.
>Deleted scenes where Kaecilius murders a priest in a church and they do an occult ritual there
>Unreleased deleted scene/flashback of Strange's younger sister Donna drowning when they were kids which effected Stephen deeply (she gets a mention in Multiverse of Madness)
>The original draft had Christine dying in the car crash and that's what inspired the What If episode with Strange Supreme. So the whole sequence where Strange uses the time stone to try and save Christine was probably in the film at least or there's the temptation to do that.
>Kaecilius backstory is that he lost his wife and unborn child to some terminal illness and becomes obssessed with saving them when he's a sorcerer, tempted by Dormammu's lies. This would parallel Strange and his loss of Christine

Attached: 41.png (587x520, 248.72K)

Derrickson sounds too good for Marvel. Hope someone gives him money to do actual kino.

Yeah, it was reported that test audiences savaged his initial cut because it was deemed "too depressing". From what people seemed to be saying, it had a small amount of dry, dark humour but more importantly, no Joss Whedon quips. Hence why Dan Harmon, then-still riding high off Rick and Morty, was brought on for the reshoots.

He nearly did Multiverse of Madness despite them forcing him to use their ideas and not his but he had The Black Phone lined up and decided it was worth making that instead of directing something that wasn't his vision anymore. He made the right call I think but it'd good to see him return with more creative control again either in DS3 or something related to Marvel supernatural, same with Raimi.

Most of the pull Dr Strange 2 had going was advertising how scary it was going to be.

Doctor Strange is still one of my favorite MCU films despite a lot of people saying it's forgettable. There's some good stuff in there. But yeah I wasn't a fan of the injected Marvel quips, it's very noticeable. And whenever they revisit the character things sometimes look worse/cheaper because of the way it's filmed and they keep putting Cumberbatch in a bad wig.

youtu.be/HWHcbMXX20s

Attached: 2016101400003635.jpg (1803x1200, 457.86K)

That stopped being a thing once they started pushing how many crossovers there was going to be

Not gonna watch that video, but the cinematography (outside a lot of the action scenes) was definitely a very strong point, noticeably a notch above other MCU movies. NWH copied a few things they did in places and it was a great subconscious callback.

>bad wig

Thank you for saying something, that's always annoyed me as well.

people saying release the Raimi cut when like all of Derricksons stuff was removed for reshoots

Benedict actually has a scene without the wig in Multiverse of Madness when he sees a memory of Christine giving him the watch at dinner so I don't get why he wears the thing every film after Doctor Strange. He looked really bad in No Way Home though. A lot of the Strange stuff in that film was off.

Attached: FFC9LHSXwAYp7WK.jpg (750x1334, 107.05K)

>Saying this when Taika is right there.

DS1 just looks less flat compared to a lot of other MCU films, it reminds me more of the Phase 1 when the each movie had more of an identity. And yeah in that video they talk about how a lot of what was shot was all planned out in advance. There's a bit of that in MoM too because Raimi said he had everything storyboarded before they shot anything and he'd act out the scenes himself in front of the actors.

I agree. He's only made one film and it's shocking that in the factory that is Disney you could see glimmers of his work shine through. Obviously he's too good for the company.

The unfunny faggot who cannot shoot an emotional scene without undercutting it with a joke? What about him?

This was one of the best MCU movies in a while. Weird how the good ones are the ones that deviate from that shithouse Marvel formula huh?
What were you disappointed there wasn't 20 cameos from John Shitto, the hunter transported to space for 3 issues of a comic in the 60s?

Filtered.

Oof

Disney decided to reshuffle the release dates of the movies and the TV shows so that WandaVision came out before this. They then asked the current creative team to rework this movie so that it involved Wanda post-WandaVision, which changed her story arc in the movie. Then it was later decided that America's storyline was going to moved from from No Way Home, where she was originally gonna debut, to this.

All of this studio interference caused the original director, who directed the first one, to bail on the project because they were asking him to butcher and compromise his script that he was satisfied with.

On top of that, when they got Raimi signed on, they pretty much told him that the movie wasn't gonna get a new budget and wasn't gonna delayed at all. So a Hobbit style thing happened where Raimi had to work on the script, they trashed the old script, and then they started filming the movie while the script was still being worked out. They were shooting while writing the movie.

The lockdowns happened, which Raimi was like, "thank fucking god", because production halted. That allowed them to focus more on the script until filming had to happen. They started filming again with COVID restrictions.

And then, after the success of NWH, they went in and added the multiverse cameos.

Basically, the production of this was fucking mess, both because of things that couldn't be helped and because Disney/Marvel was being ridiculous with demands.

It's a surprise this movie is even watchable, and all the crazy shit Raimi does is why its any good IMHO. Other than that, this shit is the most empty calories Marvel movie I've seen yet. No substance beyond the spectacle, and adds nothing new to the characters that hasn't already been explained in the TV shows

Only thing that I don't like that Raimi does is that he is very hamfisted with his story elements. The good guys do a flashy "To the rescue!" wardrobe change, thee bad guys are extremely mustache twirly, and the helpless bystanders are always little old babushkas pushing shopping carts. He lays it on a little too thick for my liking. It worked for the Tobey Spider-man, but the MCU already has an established a tone separate from that.

I probably missed it but did that one car Raimi likes so much he has it in all of his movies make it in?

Front and center too.

let him tank the MCU so we can have normal good movies again. no more franchises, reboots, superheroes or sequels.

No I am blaming the direction because it fucking sucked the worst. Why didn't he just make an MCU movie? They always turn out good

>cinemas die without capeshit
>streaming services die because of piracy and their own greed
good luck finding these real movies user

He'd do a killer Morbius, tho.

Director=\= writer

let it all burn

Would have been based for that adventure to have been the first 30 minutes of the film. And have nightmare sort of twist Wanda evil

>"You're the master of the mystic arts"
>sicknasty guitar riff kicks in
It was so fucking goofy I couldn't help but love it

>didn't write the movie
>didn't have a say over the final cut
>didn't have as much control as he's used to having in general

It's really hard to look at big budget studio films in general as films because there's really no trace of the artist there in the final result.

But the obvious Raimi parts were the best thing about the movie.
>cheesy Strange vs Strange musical notes fight
>Wanda going full Ring
>the out and about gory (though not too bloody bc lol Disney) death scenes that were a ton of fun
>some whacky camera work which added more personality to scenes
>Bruce Campbell
The designated MCU shit was dull as fuck though. I enjoyed the movie, but it became obvious very quick this would split a lot of fans' expectations

>split a lot of fans' expectations
wdymbt

different ways to look at it, but one of them is the probable discourse between a fairly heavily mandated MCU that has to have a uniform tone vs creator led movies in said universe that might be looser with the canon (much like comics really) but have a lot more experimentations and interesting visuals or dialogue

>uniform tone
You mean bland as fuck. Probably what they'll actually go with as well.

Zombie shit

Attached: 1651893854521.jpg (1280x2138, 514.2K)

That looks so based that for the first time I feel bad that something about this movie got spoiled before I could watch it

Probably looks even better in moving picture format so I'll probably be fine though

I hate that bald cap wearing sack of shit and test audiences

Why is Yea Forums suddenly turning on Raimi?

If you read the thread you'll see that we aren't ya brainlet

>turning on
>some reddit director
Yeah no we never actually liked him, especially now he is doing M-SHE-U movies

Would love to see him write a Strange GN, don't think Feige and test audiences would ever let him go that far.

Might have gotten away with it before the Marvel movie formula got cemented in.

What the fuck are you talking about? That shit is probably Bruce's idea. He and Raimi are huge Three Stooges and Slapstick fans.