Cartoon Network's next shows

>The arrangement is already bearing fruit: Two WB Animation veterans — Aquaman: King of Atlantis co-showrunner Victor Courtwright and DC Super Hero Girls director Juston Gordon-Montgomery — recently brought their own ideas to CN Studios, where both are currently in production. Courtright’s is Driftwood, a feature-length space adventure starring a spacefaring mouse, while Gordon-Montgomery is working on Invincible Fight Girl, a half-hour comedy-adventure series about a girl who comes from an island where everyone is an accountant but wants to be a wrestler.

>Other new programs in the works include a reboot of the anthology-shorts series Cartoon Cartoons, a successor to the seminal 1990s program that originated Dexter’s Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and more; Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, a forthcoming series by Genndy Tartakovsky, who remains the studio’s best case in point that keeping talent around for decades pays dividends; and two spinoffs of CN’s hit show Craig of the Creek — Craig of the Creek: The Movie and Jessica’s Big Little World, headed up by Craig veteran Tiffany Ford, the first Black woman to run a CN series. All of these properties will run on Cartoon Network and stream on HBO Max.

>“For a long time, Cartoon Network did only shows for kids — mostly boys — aged 6-11, mostly 11 minutes, with production mostly shipped overseas,” explains Register. “It made amazing content, but that alone doesn’t work in a streaming universe. So instead of just doing 6-11 kids’ content, we’re doing preschool content and adult content, and in different formats: making movies, making more YA content, bringing back shorts.”

vulture.com/article/cartoon-network-studios-new-shows-shorts-sam-register.html

Attached: 167613c2171354175b6fabf2c5b35ca4cb-cartoon-network-new-shows.rhorizontal.w700.gif (700x467, 2.54M)

Curious to see how the new Cartoon Cartoons are, CNs last shorts program gave us nothing good and everything looked the same.
They better be damn good considering they rejected pic related, which seems like a fun series with a lot of potential

Attached: The-SWEFS-pitch.jpg (3720x1754, 1.87M)

>For a long time, Cartoon Network did only shows for kids — mostly boys — aged 6-11
Bullshit, their show were much more edgy and risque compared to other network, especially in the early 2010s.

Attached: 1635589637649.webm (1280x718, 2.79M)

>Invincible Fight Girl
Is the only one here that shows promise, which means it probably won't be renewed while all the other garbage gets 10 seaons.

>Other new programs in the works include a reboot of the anthology-shorts series Cartoon Cartoons, a successor to the seminal 1990s program that originated Dexter’s Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and more
Notice how they didn't mention Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken. Both shows aren't on HBO Max on the US and didn't have their Chrirstmas spcials aired last Christmas

Does CN disown them or something?

I don't know about Johnny but I think all the controversial content in the David Feiss cartoons aren't worth the trouble for the modern women ran CN to approve.

It's just a garbage show with a good art style anyway

Cope zoomer, Billy and Mandy wouldn't exist without it.

Invincible Fighting Girl was leaked forever ago. I hope it's like a better OK KO type of show, but I'm not dying to see it.
fuck studios for constantly rejecting this dude, his work is golden

Attached: ifg.png (1376x918, 1.23M)

it's like a mix of good and bad designs

Doesn't change the fact that cow and chicken was fucking garbage. I am weasel was cool though

>Ignored SMFA for the longest time because I thought it looked shit
>Was actually based the entire time
Forgive me, Browngardt-san

Attached: 03d.jpg (200x356, 16.21K)

Full official artwork

Attached: FSFkmm8XwAAdqmP.jpg (3198x4096, 1.19M)

>Craig of the Creek: The Movie
I actually think it's a bad time for a movie. After capture the flag Craig needs some time to chill. This heart of the forest arc feels pretty stupid but I'm glad it isn't as intense as battle for the creek.

>and Jessica’s Big Little World
I looks like a show for little kids. Like Dora the explorer kids. However I do like Jessica as a character.

How come the white dude doesn't have a nose?

Attached: FSFklobWYAAa234.jpg (2000x2142, 1.05M)

>two spinoffs of CN’s hit show Craig of the Creek — Craig of the Creek: The Movie and Jessica’s Big Little World
Yea Forums lost

i genuinely don't understand the appeal of craig of the creek and i'm beyond shocked it has gone on this long and was successful enough for a movie and a spinoff. like are there kids who's favorite show is craig of the creek? really?

this looks cool

If I remember the leak right, it's straight-up just Invincible, down to the girl being the daughter of the strongest hero ever

I genuinely believe that it's astroturfing because the MC is black. A good look in this day and age. It's always front and center in CNs political posts

Attached: 2020_CartoonNetwork_NBJC_Pronouns_comic_image_04-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 179.2K)

What's that called?

The show is harmless fun, you whiners. And of course kids like it, it's a show about kids playing in the wild, it's tailor-made for children.

ywnbaw

Driftwood by the same douche behind Thundercats Roar and Aquaman King of Atlantis. It's a 90 minute movie.

ywnbam

Trump lost the election.

Its schlock. There's nothing of substance. There is nothing of note for it. It just exists

I'm just hoping the art direction is the same for the picture as it is the movie. Looks like something I'd be excited for years back. God I miss that feeling. You know, excitement?

is it anything like ed edd n eddy? cause it always seemed like that but woke with no sense of humor as someone who knows nothing about the show.

>harmless
Sure, but is that really a measure of quality? I bare minimum expect a show not to harm me.
>fun
It’s not. The kids look like they have fun in it but the show itself is boring.

Looks great.

now that's an insult to ed edd n eddy but your not wrong, it's basically the complete invert of that with token leads, boring stories and comedy, woke every now and then, but most importantly it's pathetic animation.

its the paradox where a show that's drawn well actually makes it worse, like steven or whatever else, it's generally boring to watch and more boring to look at, it feels like we're back in the era of flash stock walk cycles like johnny test or total drama

>Damn that white boy is sexy!

Its simple slice of life but with a twist. Also JP and Kelsey are great and there are many cool worldbuilding

is that what kids want? slice of life but gay and black people?

It's a dud that's survived due to artificial demand because anything else on CN that was halfway watchable is now cancelled or exclusive to HBO Max.

that's what 30+ year old blue haired bullies want them to want, mostly girls cause boys do anything else

Color doesnt mean much for kids

Looks like beanmouth garbage even in the promo art.

ok groomer

Attached: 1648768447044.png (590x700, 394.92K)

you think kids aren't aware of race?

>Color doesnt mean much for kids
Kids are extremely racist until you brainwash it out of them.

>Driftwood - An original animated space opera with big laughs, heart and adventure for the entire family. In a decaying forest civilization dependent upon a toxic fuel source and ruled by an evil organization, Clover - a tiny mouse-like creature - races across the stars to find Driftwood, society's last free city which may hold the key to a safe and sustainable fuel source and future for the galaxy. The evil overlord Thorn will stop at nothing to eliminate Clover and destroy Driftwood in order to maintain their power. Clover, and his new friends Marigold and Caspia, must make a stand to stop them once and for all and save their forest on the edge of infinity.

also the fact that ttg is basically spongebob in almost every which way now and killed off every show, just like spongebob

>one piece like character
>vega rip-off
>obnoxious black girl power main character
>useless weak coward white male lead

Looks like shit

oof it seems good cartoons still haven't existed past a certain decade

>one piece like characters
I was just about to mention that, the purple haired fat oni stood out as derivative to me.
this looks great
I sold the least because it was promoted the least and the movie straight up had her a frog for the majority of its run time. It's not exactly a knock on Tiana herself, a character I like personally and am glad she's getting her own show to see more of.

>a character I like personally and am glad she's getting her own show to see more of.
i'm sure you and her two other fans will be happy.

>no latinx male protag
>no Asian male protag
>no African American male protag
>most new shows are either furry fetish bait or staring a female of colour for fetish bait and self inserts for the female staff with an agenda
>only duo leads are often with a white male who's a beta yet ripped so they can have power over him
it do be like that no cap fr

>forestpunk sci-fi show
mite b cool as long they don't waste the setting on stock or SoL episodes

>beanmouth

Obsessed.

>Another Utena reference
Great

>Where's the heckin diversity?

y, for a company that says they care about it I don't see it you feel me?

skip to the chase, any fuckable women in these shows?

Did this thing was made by some comic book artist from the late 80s early 90s I swear I've seen this article in some old comic about a bunch of space animals.

I mean if you're into cunny then Jessica is right there.

Kids don't even have these kinda thoughts

>Courtright’s is Driftwood, a feature-length space adventure starring a spacefaring mouse
Picrel looks cool, I hope the animation is good.
This guy got shit on so much for the TCR drama that he didn't even start, and the calartsified version of his style, I wonder if this new show will finally get some good press.

Attached: Driftwood-social-featured.jpg (1400x700, 269.99K)